Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Yea, just seen them. I hope they release them in Blue also, Black is so bland and seems a waste of alloy.

Clown
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK

X Factory announces a new line of upgrade parts to fit the full range of X-Cars and, in some cases, many other brands of off-road 1/10 vehicles as well. Called “Real Men Wear Black,” most items in the new line of parts will be black. All are designed by X Factory’s chief engineer, Paul Sinclair and he uses them on his cars. The “Real Men Wear Black” line kicks off now with four great items and will be expanded soon as Paul designs new parts.

With their distinct black and white packaging, “Real Men Wear Black” will be easy to spot at your local hobby store. In some cases these are new hop-up parts for areas of the car where no other company makes cool parts; those which are similar to others’ are priced less than other brands.

Paul said, “I got tired of so much blue all over my car. It was just too much. When we prototype a new part, even dialed D.D.P. and E-Speed parts, I get to use the first prototypes without anodizing, and I began to like the black with silver look. A while ago, as we started production on those great items, I made a special request to have my personal parts anodized black. Perfect!”

First up is the new battery stand-off kit, #1226. Four black aluminum pieces fit under the standard CF battery strap to raise the posts for ROAR-maximum height batteries. Includes mounting studs & four black low-profile locknuts. Fits X – 6 Squared & X – 60.

Next is the #1232 motor plate. It’s the same as the standard aluminum plate for X Factory’s 4-Gear transmission, but it looks a whole lot better in black! Fits all X-Cars with a 4-Gear transmission.

#1241 servo mounts fit the X – 6 Squared, X – 60, and most 1/10 AE cars. Paul’s design is different than the FT blue mounts, real men DO wear black, and the X Factory part is several dollars less.

The black wheel washers, #6452, are just dialed, and fit most 1/10 off-road cars with 3/16” diameter axles.

All four of the Real Men Wear Black parts are shipping today to fine hobby stores all over the world, and will be on the X Factory web site in about 5 days. Additional releases in the new line will follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4251.jpg (55.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 1226_MIB.jpg (35.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 1226_MIB_b.jpg (33.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 1233_MIB.jpg (26.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 1241_MIB.jpg (30.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 6452_MIB_b.jpg (27.2 KB, 103 views)

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 28-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

There are already blue parts the same as each of those items available, AE themselves produce the servo mounts, standoffs and wheel spacers, X-Factory via DDP already produce a blue motor plate....

The idea of the "Real Men Wear Black" range is a simplistic no frills design of optional parts "without" the bling of blue/purple/red/orange but in plain "smart" looking black. The black parts are for people who are after a "clean" and professional look without the use of all the colour which does not suit everyones taste, as a result the "RMWB" range is also priced somehwere between all currently avialable optional parts (AE/DDP etc) and standard plain alloy parts....

The full UK press release on the parts is due to go out on Tuesday to all delaers and news websites over here...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

I can understand your point guys It would be nice if all the xfactory/ddp/espeed hopup parts were the same colour tho.

I'll be having a set of the battery strap standoffs when they come out, are they recessed on the bottom or do you need to cut the tops off the std posts?

Clown
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Never mind, just noticed them all stacked together in the packet

Clown
Old 29-08-2010
Mad Member

Not only are they recessed on the bottom to fit snugly over the post but they duplicate the post at the top so the CF strap fits snugly aver the stand-offs. If the top of your posts are a bit frayed, you'll have to dress them with a file or some sand paper to make the stand-offs fit.

One problem with raising the battery strap is that you lose the "top deck" effect of the CF strap when it is no longer snug against the posts. The #1226 stand-offs correct that problem.

If you already have the #1225 quick change kit, you won't have to change the studs -- they are the same. Just slide the stand-offs over your studs and use the dialed black nuts. You may have to raise the studs up a bit to make it all fit just right, and that may require a drop of CA on the end of the stud to keep it snug in the chassis, but it all works very well together and the black nuts are the finishing touch.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 29-08-2010
Mad Member

Brian Kinwald will continue to expand the Dirtz Dialed Partz line, and those parts will, where appropriate, continue to be blue. Ditto Ellis Stafford and the E-Speed line. Both of these drivers will continue to design great new items and their signature lines will continue.

We wanted to introduce a line of Paul Sinclair-designed parts. Paul wanted them different from but compatible with the D.D.P. and E-Speed lines, and Paul prefers black. His statement in the press release above is not made up, it's true. For those who want the most dialed looking car on the track, parts from all three lines play nice together.

We think the three product names are perfect for the three individuals:

Ellis Stafford is one of the great R/C innovators and simply a ballistic driver. E-Speed fits him perfectly.

Brian Kinwald has been the most dialed guy in R/C for more than 20 years, thus Dirtz Dialed Partz.

Real Men Wear Black is just right for Paul's personal style. Quiet, self-assured, well put together, fast.

A fifth item in the Real Men Wear Black line will ship to dealers in the next few days and will be announced next week. The manufacturer of Ellis' next item shipped it to us Friday, so we must receive it, package it, and ship it to the dealers prior to announcement. Brian is thinking. Always.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 29-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
"You can Have Any Color as Long as It's Black," Henry Ford
he managed to sell plenty
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 29-08-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
There are already blue parts the same as each of those items available, AE themselves produce the servo mounts, standoffs and wheel spacers, X-Factory via DDP already produce a blue motor plate....

The idea of the "Real Men Wear Black" range is a simplistic no frills design of optional parts "without" the bling of blue/purple/red/orange but in plain "smart" looking black. The black parts are for people who are after a "clean" and professional look without the use of all the colour which does not suit everyones taste, as a result the "RMWB" range is also priced somehwere between all currently avialable optional parts (AE/DDP etc) and standard plain alloy parts....

The full UK press release on the parts is due to go out on Tuesday to all delaers and news websites over here...
Hi darren
What's the blue associated standoff part from. Part number and where are they on ur site please
Old 29-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

People have been using the AE3965 blue wheel axle spacers for a little while now as a similair (but less effective) alternative spacer - as per the tech tip on the X-Factory website here - http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Tech/TallLipos.php

Last edited by Darren Boyle; 29-08-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Edited to stop Mark moaning...LOL
Old 29-08-2010

Quote:
People have been using the AE3965 blue wheel axle spacers for a little while now - as per the tech tip on the X-Factory website here - http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Tech/TallLipos.php
Ah seen them but they don't retain the strap as these do. So not same part.
Old 29-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

They are the "blue" equivalent for those who are just worried about colour, which was what I refered to in my earlier post.....

For those who want prefection and are not fussed about colour, the new black ones will be ACE
Old 29-08-2010

Quote:
They are the "blue" equivalent for those who are just worried about colour, which was what I refered to in my earlier post.....

For those who want prefection and are not fussed about colour, the new black ones will be ACE
Hi darren. how can they be an equivalent its just a tube space. As chase has said the black ones sit on the existing post and then extend the lug to locate the strap. The blue ones can not do that can they?
Old 29-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Mark, they are a spacer, nothing more.The X-Factory ones are stepped with a recess to do the job "right" (after all we would not release them if we thought that they were no better).

The question was asked, were they coming in blue, the answer was no. Then I pointed out that most of the parts or similar could already be purchased in blue "IF" colour was the desired thing over function or fit.

Now, as a spacer for tall LIPO's, YES they do do the job as the link on the X-Factory website I posted clearly shows... but as the distributor for X-Factory of course I would MUCH rather everyone go out and buy the awesome black ones they are bringing out rather than an AE part, but if blue is your thing there IS (albeit inferior in this case) an alternative....

So really not sure what you are getting at tbh, you have my contact details if you wish to go on and on about this any further please get in touch direct with me to take it up...
Old 30-08-2010

I ran the new black lipo spacers this weekend for the first time with a tall 5600 lipo. As Darren points out, they just get the job done 'right' and importantly maintain the integrity of the battery strap as a chassis stiffening device.

Well worth the small investment if you're running tall lipos in my opinion.

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 31-08-2010

Chazz ...... what's the possibility of getting aluminum shock bushings in the "RMWB" line. I hate the blue, black is the shizz!!!!!!!
Old 31-08-2010

hi darren
lm not getting at anything? Simple question to you statement that "blue parts the same as each of those items available" I took that as meaning I could buy blue parts The same as the xfactory part. Hence why I asked a question. You have now clarified their not the "same as" and cannot hold the strap secure then i understand.
Old 31-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't get the argueing for argueings sake MC. Your a top geezer, and so is Darren, stop bickering!

Liking the black stuph classy. "Once you've tried black you'll never go back".... wasn't that moto referring to colour of anodizing?
Old 31-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
I don't get the argueing for argueings sake MC. Your a top geezer, and so is Darren, stop bickering!

Liking the black stuph classy. "Once you've tried black you'll never go back".... wasn't that moto referring to colour of anodizing?
im not bickering i asked a question to get it clarified!!
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Haven't had the chance to speak with Ellis lately -- he's been busy the last few weeks. But I have had time to chat with Paul and Brian.

Remember that Brian was among the first to use blue anodized parts, and some would say Trinity built it's brand on BK blue stuff. Brian and Paul have both seen lots of "blue-mobiles," cars with so many blue parts you'd think the whole thing is blue. Paul especially has grown tired of that look, and Brian is beginning to make some parts out of CF that formerly were blue alu on his car.

Both Paul and Brian agree that a car looks dialed when it is mostly black with some blue here and there. Both like the CF look. That's why we have two major parts standard in CF that could easily and more cheaply be molded. And that's why Paul chose black for his signature parts. When parts from all three lines are combined, the car is super fast and looks great.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com