Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 01-06-2016

Default GT12 or LMP 1/12 for beginner

Hi all.
I'm thinking of visiting some local clubs as I am very interested in having a go at 1/12 circuit racing. GT12 seems increaslingly popular, but I'm also interested in LMP 1/12 which seems a faster, lighter, more expensive cousin?
Any views on what best to do? Would LMP be too much to handle? I haven't controlled an RC car since my long suffering and much loved Boomerang in the 80's.
Also, I see some GT12 kits being sold for £150 ish, but I thought there was a £100 limit? is that right or is that just a rule some clubs have? Apologies for the ignorance.
I'm not looking to beat the world, just some good natured but competitive club racing, and a bit of craic!

Cheers

stew73
Old 01-06-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

there is a rule that says manufacture must supply kits at the 100 limit. and they all do, how ever all manufactures offer the basic kit, plus options for 150 to what ever with included options. most cars you see have options on them. it is all above board to do this.
id defiantly recommend starting with gt12 before lmp, once you have learnt gt12 then you have only the chassis/wheels to swap as the electrics are the same. gt12 are simpler to set up and have a bigger following at club up to national level.
if your on facebook join the gt12 circuit uk group, lots of info and some good cars for sale.
the good news is all the gt12 cars are sold and manufactured by uk companies, kamtec make some awesome bodies (uk based)
the manufacutures to look for are Zen (zen racing) Schumacher uk (go for a good gt or an atom to be at the latest level, Mardave (mardave uk) and the Ore.
its also worth going to your local club and seeing which is most popular as you will get more set up info, having said that the gt12 drivers are all pretty much very helpful.
Old 02-06-2016

Cheers Mark. Good info, I'll pop along and talk to a few bods at my local club about GT12. Looking forward to it. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

MbModels shop owner Micheal ball is selling his
AtomFor Sale

Schumacher Atom Pro - very little use, comes with the box and all the kit parts also has 2 weights fitted, new 42f and 35r tyres and a body shell of your choice £135 posted

Thanks
MB