Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-01-2016

Default SV2 v KF2

Is the SV2 still competitive enough to buy or is the KF2 so much better it's not worth bothering with. I'm thinking more of low grip conditions
Old 15-01-2016

I think the KF2 will still be quicker in low grip. Certainly in high grip the KF2 has a big advantage.
Old 15-01-2016

About time Schumacher brought a KM, would certainly help the brand in the states.
Old 16-01-2016

Haven't they done that with the KF2 SE. A car with all the motor config options for every track surface??
Old 24-01-2016

The sv2 is a good car better than the kf/kf2... They need a different driving style
Old 24-01-2016

The sv2 is a good car better than the kf/kf2... They need a different driving style
Old 24-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd26 View Post
I've had all three and I don't think there is a best so to speak, it all depends on the surface your driving on.
Old 09-03-2016

I shall be venturing back into off road after 20 years away. I am unsure which to purchase - SV2 Pro or KF 2 SE. I will be racing outdoors on medium grip astroturf with the occasional tarmac/concrete area (Eden Park Raceway for info). Thanks Matt (Either is going to be a baptism of fire having not driven for that time).
Old 09-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcaney View Post
I shall be venturing back into off road after 20 years away. I am unsure which to purchase - SV2 Pro or KF 2 SE. I will be racing outdoors on medium grip astroturf with the occasional tarmac/concrete area (Eden Park Raceway for info). Thanks Matt (Either is going to be a baptism of fire having not driven for that time).
Personally I'd go for the KF2SE
going down this route you get all three options of motor/battery layout, plus there's the option of using a Ball or Geared Diff, plus the multi plate slipper clutch etc.

Just my pennies worth
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 09-03-2016
Banned

for epr i would advise the kf2se it is the better car than the sv2 on all surfaces
Old 09-03-2016

Interesting that the KF2 is pushing rearwards with motor pod position to where the Sv was! The SE has all the options though.
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 10-03-2016

Quote:
Matt, I think we met on Sunday at EPR.

As others have said, I think I'd go for the KF2SE which has all the options to set it up however you like it.

It's worth noting however that a (very well set-up) SV2 has just won the summer and winter series at EPR, so it's not a dead and buried concept just yet!

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 10-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomi View Post
It's worth noting however that a (very well set-up) SV2 has just won the summer and winter series at EPR, so it's not a dead and buried concept just yet!
It's been said many times !

but if Lee Martin or Neil Cragg drove a Grasshopper they'd beats us all, they were amazing at the BWOC at Silverstone last month, lol

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 10-03-2016

Hi have owned the SV2 and KF2 in all fairness you cant compare them to each other. In High grip the KF2 hands down in Low grip the SV2 hands down.

With the sort of tracks we mostly race on in the UK I would suggest the KF2 as it gives you the best of both....
Old 10-03-2016

Thanks for the replies. What size of cells are recommended as I don't want to have to have to buy different types (i.e shorty and saddlepack) for different motor positions. Am in the process of writing a long list of things to get back to racing as have nothing apart from tools to get back to racing again. The Debit card is getting very nervous
Old 10-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. What size of cells are recommended as I don't want to have to have to buy different types (i.e shorty and saddlepack) for different motor positions. Am in the process of writing a long list of things to get back to racing as have nothing apart from tools to get back to racing again. The Debit card is getting very nervous
If you want to run the car in low grip or mid motor then only shorty cells will fit !

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 10-03-2016

Default Kfc

Hi just been reading this thread. An option worth looking at which will cost less is a kfc.

Kf with a cobra chassis which allows rear motor and standard mid low grip motor position.

A 2nd hand one with hop ups will cost 40% what a kf2 se will.

Food for thought.

I know one someone at our club is selling.

They look like the attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (288.8 KB, 65 views)
RC10 Worlds
RC10 B3
Cougar 2's
Topcat
Tamiya DT02 - use as a door stop.
Tamiya TL01 - paper weight.
Tamiya Mini - awesome fun to race

THR - Tudor-Hart Racing - Custom RC products - find us on Facebook.

SHRCCC Committee Member- Track features - design and build.

Returning racer after 25 year break - miss my Optima Mid Custom Special, but not brushed motors & SCE cells.

www.shrccc.co.uk

Old 25-03-2016

Thanks for all the replies, I have gone for the KF2 SE and will be picking it up with a few extra goodies on Saturday. Have got the Ball Diff assembled (u4199). Is there anything I need to do with it, or do I just install and run ?
Old 25-03-2016

You can just fit and run the ball diff, but make sure the slipper slips before the diff. Then just keep an eye on how tight it is after each run, it may loosen a little after a few runs, so tighten it back up slightly, never let it get loose enough to slip.
Old 26-03-2016

I had the same dilema buying a new electric car after what must be 17 years...

I think the KF2 SE option is more future proof but larger initial outlay; money is tigher with me so I went for the SV2 as I think it represents good value for money.

Only issue I have is that I already have the dilema of continuing to invest in bespoke wheels and therefore tyres for the SV2 when everything has now gone hex.. I have also invested quite heavily in hot ups which obviously are not transferable to a new platform..

I don't think there is really a wrong answer starting out again, just follow your heart (and budget) I would say

Being totally honest though, my speed has gone currently (hopefully it will return, but I'm not sure at 37 :-s) so the limiting performance factor is currently me.............

Last edited by AdrianH78; 26-03-2016 at 09:23 AM.