Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 23-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
hi
I just read a post about the front wheels biting if you tighten the nuts too much, now I can't find it.
Anyway there was an answer about kyosho wheel hexs

Anyone got an article number or link
Or is there other solutions?
Another way to do it is sand down the slotted side of the wheel hexes - this means the pins will sit more shallowly in the hex and not foul the bearing.most generic 12mm wheel hexes will do (not the Associated or Losi ones, they're for imperial axles), I got some Kyosho ones from my LHS bargain bin of misc spares.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 11-01-2011

Hello Raterz!

I have my second crash with the car, Front Shock Tower Mount (12500502) and Front Shock Tower (125000503) were broken. It wasnt a big hit, some of my more then 10 years old Tamiya buggys taken much more damages without any injuries so i was suprised about it...
Maybe playing in the snow wasnt too good for the Mad Rat's plastic, i dont know.

The car is cheap, the parts are cheap just dont want to spend money every 2 weeks for new parts. Expecially when iam not racing or playing all the time...

So iam hesitating to invest in a E-firestorm, but i want to hear some advices.
What is your experience about these Mad Rat injures, how often brakes any parts and which ones?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercooles View Post
Hello Raterz!

I have my second crash with the car, Front Shock Tower Mount (12500502) and Front Shock Tower (125000503) were broken. It wasnt a big hit, some of my more then 10 years old Tamiya buggys taken much more damages without any injuries so i was suprised about it...
Maybe playing in the snow wasnt too good for the Mad Rat's plastic, i dont know.

The car is cheap, the parts are cheap just dont want to spend money every 2 weeks for new parts. Expecially when iam not racing or playing all the time...

What is your experience about these Mad Rat injures, how often brakes any parts and which ones?

Thanks
I'm beginning to think that I should just stick to my wierd yet wonderfulRustler VXL now, and refrain from buying this Mad Rat in kit form.

Can anybody convince me that i'm not just going to be purchasing this for nostalgic reasons please?

Thoughts anybody?
Old 12-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

buy it in kit form make it then have it as a shelf queen I mean its only £40 it may take you an hour or three to make it, and its satisfying
Old 12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercooles View Post
Hello Raterz!

Thanks
I've had one rear hub break...that's it. I was driving at Stotfold a couple of weeks ago and went through 3 batteries had no damages at all and car was great. However a brand new Yokomo broke 2 rear Arms... that car is vastly more expensive then the X-Pro so it's all situational. I had a nice clean drive and all was well.the Yokomo was not so luck on that day

Oh..and I have an E-Firestorm truggy for bashing around and maybe racing later..it's a very tough car. First drive I had was on insanely rough ground with rocks on it almost as big as it's wheels and it coped very well and nothing was damaged...awesome truggy. I do have alloy hubs all round..

J

ANVIL-GFX