Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 02-08-2012
Mad Member

Default 22 Big bores on the xx4WE

How are people setting this one up? In particular, with the magic setup?

I'd like to know ppl thoughts on this.

Ta
Old 02-08-2012

Sorry to barge into your thread but I was going to start one on this subject. Iv heard they transform the car compared to the original WE shocks but know one seems to know in what way. What do they actually do to the cars handling in general?
Old 03-08-2012
Mad Member

I can only talk from my experience made with Yokomo. After Switching to big bores, my B-Max4 handled/absorbed bumps even better without slowing down the car's reaction, as heavier shock oils would have done. The car seems to be smoother in general.
Old 03-08-2012

One of the reasons most of the team are now running the Big bore shocks from the 22 on our XX4's (and XXX4's) is because it's thus a common set of springs, pistons and spares that we carry to each meeting. Nothing more sinister than that.

However they do work well, look good (which is important) but as to whether or not its a transformation I don't know.

However, if it's something that interests you, the set up we're mainly running is 4 hole 55 pistons in the front with 27.5Wt - 30Wt and Green springs and 4 hole 54's in the rear with 27.5wt and Pink or Yellow springs.

Magic setup? Don't know - but you'll need 4mm limiters under the front piston andwe're using a 22 ball cup (cut 3mm) on the rear with a ball stud in the wishbone so that the spring cup can clear the wishbone. Some have reamed the inside of the spring retainer to allow it to drop a bit further down and relax the spring a touch more.

Oh - and bleeder caps / emulsion style damping of course along with rounding the edges of the pistons as per normal

Hope this helps
Old 03-08-2012
Mad Member

thanks for the advice....I intend to take off the losi shocks off mine and put some big bores on.

I use big bores on my bmax4 aswell...for me much smoother.
Old 03-08-2012
Mad Member

What do you exactly mean by 4mm limiters in the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
One of the reasons most of the team are now running the Big bore shocks from the 22 on our XX4's (and XXX4's) is because it's thus a common set of springs, pistons and spares that we carry to each meeting. Nothing more sinister than that.

However they do work well, look good (which is important) but as to whether or not its a transformation I don't know.

However, if it's something that interests you, the set up we're mainly running is 4 hole 55 pistons in the front with 27.5Wt - 30Wt and Green springs and 4 hole 54's in the rear with 27.5wt and Pink or Yellow springs.

Magic setup? Don't know - but you'll need 4mm limiters under the front piston andwe're using a 22 ball cup (cut 3mm) on the rear with a ball stud in the wishbone so that the spring cup can clear the wishbone. Some have reamed the inside of the spring retainer to allow it to drop a bit further down and relax the spring a touch more.

Oh - and bleeder caps / emulsion style damping of course along with rounding the edges of the pistons as per normal

Hope this helps
Old 03-08-2012

The 4mm spacing is to limit the droop. The spacers go inside under the piston.
Old 03-08-2012
Mad Member

Ah...ok