Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 22-01-2013

Default Returning to the sport.

Hey folks I am returning to the sport after a twenty year break... I now have a son of my own (13) who got a car off Santa this year,,, we went to a local club yesterday but would like to sample what else the north east has to offer before we sign up to a club.. We both have 4wd buggies ( mine undergoing restoration...no laughing please hehehehe) so like tracks with lots of jumps and features in.

Would we be ok to come and race this Sunday ? It would be my son racing as I am still trying to get bits for my old lazer.

If we are ok to come is there anyone specific we should speak to on the night ? We will be driving down from North Shields

Cheers

Richie and Nathan.
Old 22-01-2013
Mad Member

You won't need anything and it should be an ideal night to attend.

There's an event down the country that some of the regulars attend which is on this weekend so the club should be quiet enough for your son to practice lots!

There's nothing worse if somebody new turns up and watches the 'fast' lads and thinks that they should be going as fast, you have to appreciate that the 'fast' lads have been racing 10 years plus!!

There's loads of features and the track is specifically built with just buggies in mind, the track markings are car friendly so if you do go offline, there's less of a chance you will take a wishbone off like some track markings do!

We are enjoying the busiest spell with the club since we moved from Jarrow, about 30 cars were running during the Xmas series we have just had!

There are ages from 7 up to (Jeff) who is well over 40???!!!

Free on your first night. Club transponders to use free of charge.
Get yourself down, you will love it....by far the best RC club in the North East.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 22-01-2013

Hi,

I just want to second what Chris has said

I started going to Seaham club around the beginning of December after over 10yrs away from RC.

It's been a great club with fantastic guys & girls competing each week I've gone. They are all really friendly and able to help whenever I've ballsed something up like a typical newbie

Hopefully see you down there on Sunday as I'll be there myself

If you don't ask, you'll never know!
Old 22-01-2013
Mad Member

i would like to third everything that the above lads have said
Seaham is agreat club, very friendly and helpful members and fairly relaxed.
We have some other father son teams that come along to race and the young lads are getting better every week.

2wd is the class that most of us are running at the moment but I'm sure your lad wouldnt mind the extra advantage of running 4wd against the 2wds

always have a good amount of lumps bumps and jumps around the track

the track surface is polished cork and carpet and the tire of choice is a schumacher yellow compound minispike with medium inserts
Old 22-01-2013

That's great folks thanks for the welcoming response ! If anyone has any lazer bits, bear me in mind..... My avatar is my car or what's left of it, I also posted in the vintage section under kyosho lazer.... I know the car is a has been, but it was a trophy winner back in then and I feel terrible it has been set aside to rot... Would be good to see it run again, just at club level though :-)
Old 22-01-2013

It's a great club and the guys are very helpfull and friendly. They welcome new members and don't mind marshalling my 7year olds b4 every lap lol.
Old 22-01-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post
That's great folks thanks for the welcoming response ! If anyone has any lazer bits, bear me in mind..... My avatar is my car or what's left of it, I also posted in the vintage section under kyosho lazer.... I know the car is a has been, but it was a trophy winner back in then and I feel terrible it has been set aside to rot... Would be good to see it run again, just at club level though :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post
Hey folks I am returning to the sport after a twenty year break... I now have a son of my own (13) who got a car off Santa this year,,, we went to a local club yesterday but would like to sample what else the north east has to offer before we sign up to a club.. We both have 4wd buggies ( mine undergoing restoration...no laughing please hehehehe) so like tracks with lots of jumps and features in.

Would we be ok to come and race this Sunday ? It would be my son racing as I am still trying to get bits for my old lazer.

If we are ok to come is there anyone specific we should speak to on the night ? We will be driving down from North Shields

Cheers

Richie and Nathan.
As already said by other members of the club we are a friendly bunch who like to have a laugh and enjoy the night racing, ive raced at Tyne met and Benfield and have to say that our club is the home for the best indoor buggy racing in the north east........IMHO heres 1 of a few video clips that are posted on youtube......

The former Jarrow club now race at Seaham Youth Centre on Strangford Road...........post code SR7 8QE club opens at 6-10pm

First race for free, £5 after that, free membership and club handout transponders for you both to use.........

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/