Aliens
Manhunter (not red dragon )
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Enemy at the Gates 2001. Cant bellieve I never saw this film till 2011.
I think it was brilliant.
Old 11-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Then theres Flashpoint which is rather good. Then a rather amusing comefy by woody allen called sleeper or the original the lady killers with Alec Guiness and peter sellers which is brilliant. Marathan man is tops as well and sneakers and the original assault on precinct 13 and one of the best cowboy films ever made once upon a time in the west and also peter sellers again with a great comedy called the party. Then theres in like flint and our man flint which is a spoof bond film. That should keep you occupied.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 12-03-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim
Default films

Thanks so much guys for all the good (and bad!) suggestions
I dont want to just ignore them and seem ungrateful so thought it best to reply and give my thoughts. However we all have personal taste, so these are just my opinions!

I love the idea of a place where we can all post up surprising,cool,awful films we've discovered.

Here we go (apologies if I missed your suggestion!)
- moon - havent seen it. heard good reports. on my list!
- drive - loving the 80's synth idea. on my list!
- strange days - going to watch it this week!
- vanishing point - did a bit of hunting on this one. mixed reviews, but on my list!
- being there - sellers last film. defo on my list.
- shallow grave - i would say average. maybe not my thing. bit too mainstream to be a "hidden classic"? (IMHO)
- condorman - result! great film. havent watched it in a while.
- night watch / daywatch - actually I didnt like these at all. Thought it was all a bit Hollywood and FX driven. Didnt believe (or like) the lead characters in both armies.
- battle royale - interesting film, not great, but definately worth a watch. Loved some of the characters. Will be itneresting to see how the new "Hunger Games" film stands alongside.
- Altered States - havent heard or seen it. Cheers for the headsup. Will watch it!
- Dark City / Darkman - good films. Dark city is better I think. Cant beat a bit of Raimi every now and then. Darkman was bonkers, but had a wonderful "feel" about it.
- Returner - like Matrix? Matrix was good (the 1st one anyways) and took alot from GHost in the Shell which is inspried awesomeness. If Returner is anything like that I'll be loving it.
- Hunter prey - havent heard ofthis one. Will check it out if I can find it.
- Cube - awesome!
- Event Horizon - nearly a winner, but didnt quite get there. Good premise, failed execution I think.
- Saturn 3 - great film. Havent seen this in ages. Its back on my list!
- Enemy Mine - Havnet heard about this one I think.
- Lifeforce - another new one on me.
- Outland - sean at his sci-fi best; but is that good? Failed film (honestly, its not as gooda s you remember) but for some reason its good (like "Doom" - it IS crap, you KNOW its crap, but for some stupid reason I still like it?!?!?)
- Bad Taste - one of the top films on this whole list. What an awesome film. Check out the end credits. Its all Mike and Pete's family that are starring in it! If you like it, check out Jackson's next film - Braindead. "I kick arse for the Lord!"
- The crow - loved it when I was younger. Think its lost something now. Still got some BEAUTIFUL camera work though.
- bullshot - new one on me. Love 80's spoof though (Abrahms,Abrahms, Zucker films are the finest ever in this genre - POlice Squad, Airplane, Top Secret (awesome!!) and even Kentucky Fried Movie)
- Screamers - new to me. Will check it out on Rotten Tomatoes later to see what its about.
- Manhunter - one of my favourite films - despite Will Peterson's questionable acting in it. FANTASTIC sound track (I think there are two version out there with different music - you MUST see the one with Michel Rubini score, and especially look out fo rthe scene with "Strong As I Am" - wow.)
Michael Mann is my favourite director I think, so Im biased; but this is immense. Brian Cox does an interesting take on Hannibal Lector too.
- Enemy At The Gates - yuk. I liked this film up until the sex scene. I mean, wtf?! That was clearly thrown in when the producer needed to sell it to the Hollywood execs more. Love Ed Harris in it, but Jude Law, nah - never quite believed his character.
- Flashpoint - new to me. thanks!
- The Ladykillers - fantastic, and always watchable. Really good pacing.
- Assault on Precinct 13 - amazing film. really great and gritty. Seeing the little girl shot is still disturbing and probably wouldnt be allowed now. Another brilliant brilliant soundtrack. (albeit, its the classic Carpenter one note)
- Once Upon A Time In The West - good film, but not great. I wouldnt say its one of the best westerns; maybe The Unforgiven for that one?
- The Party - great film. Bit dated now, but still worth a watch. A good Sellers vehicle (but not as good as Dr.Strangelove)

Hope that covers it all.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions. Like I said, the above is just my opinion.

Looks like I have my viewing sorted for the next year!!

Keep posting up the classics for everyone to enjoy.
Another two from me:

- Yojimbo - Akira Kurosawa's fantastically funny, violent and cool film. Been remade about 90 times for Hollywood but never once matched the original.

- A History of Violence - I know this one is mainstream, but just watched it over the weekend. Wow. When Cronenberg gets his "people" driven storylines right, he nails them. Absolutely awesome, and best Mortensen and Harris performances that Ive seen in ages. Loved it.