Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 15-05-2017

Cool Spektrum DX6I

So i'm in the market for a new radio. Was bidding on a KO propo set that had been converted on ebay but went for too much.

So, after this and from many recommendations i did some research into the Spektrum DX6I. Now, i am led to believe this is a radio designed for aircraft and such. But have also been told that it can be converted to work normally in a ground vehicle. I have also been told that hobbyking do receivers that work with it.

I'm after some advice and input, do any of you use this radio? How easy was it to convert? etc.

Also, if you have any other recommendations feel free to let me know! This is a list of things that i am looking for in a radio.

10 or more car model memory
Cheap but durable receivers ( i race mardaves on a contact oval)
Relatively cheap buying price (under £100 but can be second hand)
Must be stick!!!

That's about it, thanks. I look forward to hearing your input.

Last edited by Br4d1ey131; 15-05-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 15-05-2017

I have a DX6i that I use in boats and aircraft.. ( I prefer a wheel for cars and use a DX4s ) it is a very good, if slightly bulky, transmitter. As it comes , the throttle stick is "unsprung" but I believe it can easily be modified. The aircraft receivers are particularly cheap, work in surface vehicles, and have excellent range. Basic surface receivers are reasonably priced.
If you can confirm the throttle stick mod, it would be a good buy.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 16-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
I have a DX6i that I use in boats and aircraft.. ( I prefer a wheel for cars and use a DX4s ) it is a very good, if slightly bulky, transmitter. As it comes , the throttle stick is "unsprung" but I believe it can easily be modified. The aircraft receivers are particularly cheap, work in surface vehicles, and have excellent range. Basic surface receivers are reasonably priced.
If you can confirm the throttle stick mod, it would be a good buy.
Awh cool, im still researching it all to find out but i have been told that they can be converted, fingers crossed. If all goes wrong ill be on the hunt for a KO propo esprit 2 and convert it with the frysky hack myself.