Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 30-09-2013

Default li-po sacks

hi,
this week-end we have had a major shock on how easily a li-po can catch fire.
please , please make sure you charge in a li-po sack.
we have all heard the stories of fires but think about this,
we have a top line charger, we have near new cells, we have a sack, but as ed was preparing his car for a race the next day he put his cells on the charge.thankfully he used a li-po sack, i must admit we don`t all the time,
the cells were charging and were off the max amps so they were nearly done, he went into another room and started to get ready to sleep, in a couple of minutes they heard the fire alarm and the glow of a fire,as it was in a spare room ed had no choice but to grab the li-po sack and charger and get it out of the house, causing the burns to both hands. if the cells were not in a sack he would not have been able to move them, the wires from the charger had melted and it happened so quickly,
if it had been in a garage with no alarm or a few minutes later the house would have been alight,
ed spent a couple of hours in A+E, he has badly burnt all his fingers and thumbs, but in a couple of weeks he will be ok
think about this, i have and what happens if it catches fire in the hall, i see one person with a sack (not us), we all moan about the clubs that insist on sacks and try and dodge it, please do not ever!!!!
cells and chargers can be replaced, houses can be re-built but there were 7 children in the house at the time.