Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 28-11-2014

When I first started back in RC 5 years ago after a near 20 year break the forums were all talking about supporting the LHS and moaning about hobbywing stuff but now look in every online RC shop Hobbywing!
It will only be a matter of time before Turnigy stuff ends up on the shelves of LHS's and good cos most of the top brand stuff is probably made in the same factories to the same standards but more expensive as it has this sticker on!!!
Where hobbyking falls short is not approaching the BRCA with there products for approval but again this will come.

When all this happens I'm sure the prices will increase slightly but the bigger brands will have to come down to compete so again all good.

For club level if it's got good reviews and you can afford it go ahead no point arguing about what we do for fun but bear in mind if you want to go to the nationals ect be prepared to replace it all for tried and tested brands.
Old 28-11-2014

well i have always use the hammerstien or hammersti3n in forums or sites as its been my gamer tag since late 90's so easy to find me anywhere on the net . had to use this spelling as others were taken. and most don't want to put really names as wouldn't trust you not to ban them from gt12 facebook group as they have a different opinion to you Mark .. thanks and later you keyboard warrior

Andy Wade
Old 28-11-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by beale View Post
When I first started back in RC 5 years ago after a near 20 year break the forums were all talking about supporting the LHS and moaning about hobbywing stuff but now look in every online RC shop Hobbywing!
It will only be a matter of time before Turnigy stuff ends up on the shelves of LHS's and good cos most of the top brand stuff is probably made in the same factories to the same standards but more expensive as it has this sticker on!!!
Where hobbyking falls short is not approaching the BRCA with there products for approval but again this will come.

When all this happens I'm sure the prices will increase slightly but the bigger brands will have to come down to compete so again all good.

For club level if it's got good reviews and you can afford it go ahead no point arguing about what we do for fun but bear in mind if you want to go to the nationals ect be prepared to replace it all for tried and tested brands.
Odly the brca have approached them to try to get thier stuff approved, they were unable to provide the relevant documents, and their current lipos are not roar approved.....
Old 28-11-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersien View Post
well i have always use the hammerstien or hammersti3n in forums or sites as its been my gamer tag since late 90's so easy to find me anywhere on the net . had to use this spelling as others were taken. and most don't want to put really names as wouldn't trust you not to ban them from gt12 facebook group as they have a different opinion to you Mark .. thanks and later you keyboard warrior

Andy Wade
Ah so its just sour grapes....

Last edited by mark christopher; 30-11-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 29-11-2014

This thread is down right embarrassing for our hobby/sport!

To the OP, hope your kit works well and welcome back! Trust me most of us are very friendly and are willing to give advice as and when possible. I understand that Hobbyking are very tempting and undoubtably they have helped many people like yourself into RC car racing, which is a good thing.

Mark, your efforts are appreciated in helping to promote this hobby/sport, especially in GT12. I just feel that a change in tack to forums would work better.