Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 05-12-2010

Default Track work today

Hey all, just a belated note to say sorry I can't make it today - not feeling too special. Hope the work goes well!
Old 05-12-2010
Mad Member

Hi Alistair

Hope you are feeling better - don't worry about this morning, you have more than done your share of work.

Unfortunately there were only 4 of us this morning (Dan B, Martin B, Al and myself).

We have pinned down probably just over half of the track (ran out of nails - Martin had bought 5kgs with him and I got another 3kg this morning as that is all screwfit had).

Untied and laid out all the black piping to try to allow it to straighten out a bit as it had frozen in coils and then had a go at starting to lay out a track.

What became obvious was that a 3m wide straight is probably not going to be wide enough - it looked pretty narrow from the rostrum when we tried today. We tried it at 4m and it looked better so our suggestion is to keep straight at 4m and keep rest between 2.5 and 3m.

What still needs to be done is:
  • Pin down rest of astroturf - Martin is going to order some more nails.
  • Agree and laid down track markings - think we are going to need some more of the black coiled piping or we are going to have to use of the old piping.
  • Shift the old astroturf off the parking area - there was no way the 4 of us were going to manage that this morning.
  • Run some of the old piping round the edge
This will get us a track we can run round (but no features) and with enough volunteers it could probably be finished next Sunday. We also need some jumps made - a lot of the prep work on these could be done away from the track so maybe some of the members who have been unable to help at the track over the last 5 weekends could look at this?

Cheers

Rob
Old 05-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Many thanks for helping. Sorry I couldn't, up in Worcester at the mo.
Old 05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Hi Alistair

Hope you are feeling better - don't worry about this morning, you have more than done your share of work.

Unfortunately there were only 4 of us this morning (Dan B, Martin B, Al and myself).

We have pinned down probably just over half of the track (ran out of nails - Martin had bought 5kgs with him and I got another 3kg this morning as that is all screwfit had).

Untied and laid out all the black piping to try to allow it to straighten out a bit as it had frozen in coils and then had a go at starting to lay out a track.

What became obvious was that a 3m wide straight is probably not going to be wide enough - it looked pretty narrow from the rostrum when we tried today. We tried it at 4m and it looked better so our suggestion is to keep straight at 4m and keep rest between 2.5 and 3m.

What still needs to be done is:
  • Pin down rest of astroturf - Martin is going to order some more nails.
  • Agree and laid down track markings - think we are going to need some more of the black coiled piping or we are going to have to use of the old piping.
  • Shift the old astroturf off the parking area - there was no way the 4 of us were going to manage that this morning.
  • Run some of the old piping round the edge
This will get us a track we can run round (but no features) and with enough volunteers it could probably be finished next Sunday. We also need some jumps made - a lot of the prep work on these could be done away from the track so maybe some of the members who have been unable to help at the track over the last 5 weekends could look at this?

Cheers

Rob

Nice one Rob and Guys, shame only 4 could be bothered to support from the club, but hey we should be looking at finishing the track this week and maybe some racing with some luck.

Thanks Rob, Dan, Martin and Ale
Old 05-12-2010

Sorry I couldn't make it today,been stuck at home all weekend sick!.
Old 05-12-2010

Sorry we didn't have a lot show up - good job those that made it. I've booked in next week, so I shall see you then