Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 23-03-2013

Default Calling it a day.........for now!

Hi chaps and chapesses.
I have a wee bit of news that sadly, what with a few things going on I have decided to call time on R/C racing. It wont be for ever I'm sure, maybe a season or two but for the time being its just not possible.
For all of you that have very kindly followed my website since its 1st appearance last June, I thank you very much for your support, I will be keeping the website live if I can find something to keep it fresh and updated with, If I cant find anything then I would rather pull the plug on it than see it go stale. (any suggestions pleeeeease feel free to say!) Also I wanted to say thanks to my team mates, last season was a blast chaps! It was fantastic to be a part of the team effort and please keep up the good work and keep Team No Idea alive! lol :-)
And finally a few thank you's to Team Xtreme for their continued support, it was awesome driving for you guys!, sorry I was so rubbish! lol. Thanks to Andy Carter and the lads at Horizon Hobby again for the help and advice and finally to FORCC and Maritime Raceway for allowing me to come along and do some reports. I'll be up at FORCC from time to time with the Durga when funds and time allow even if its just to say hello.
See you all soon!

Martin
Old 24-03-2013

wow, Martin that is sad news for you and all around you. I hope the reason for the time out isn't too serious, and you get back on your feet and in amongst it soon. It takes a lot for someone to go out of their way with the input you have put in, especially for no gain. Good luck pal, catch up when I'm next over.
Old 24-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's a real shame mate, I'm sure you'll come back to racing when your ready, the racing bug never leaves you so don't sell up!

I'm more than happy to add some reports, build blogs and some of my projects etc to the website to keep it fresh and interesting.

Well done for all the reports/reviews you have done on the website, you've done the SE region and local clubs proud!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 24-03-2013
Banned

sorry to hear this news,
awsome reports some good on track battles
hope to see you sooner rather than later,

all the best

trekkker
Old 24-03-2013

Real shame was looking forward to reading more of your great reports. Your 53 project has really inspired me do make do with what I have as has been sucessful in the fact that i havent brought anything shiny or unnessacary since you started the project.

For that i thank you for the reading you have given me and the money you have saved me.

My Trade Feedback
Old 25-03-2013

Aw cheers guys! Thanks for the kind comments, like I say, hopefully I'll back to it some day and I'll probably be lurking in pit lane on the odd occasion. The main reasons for no longer racing is that my partner has gone back to work after a year off with our little baby Evie. So this means a) my Sundays are now spent with the little one and, b) we can't really afford the hobby at the moment. But as Evie gets a little older I will endeavour out with my camera and perhaps do the odd report here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burty248 View Post
Real shame was looking forward to reading more of your great reports. Your 53 project has really inspired me do make do with what I have as has been sucessful in the fact that i havent brought anything shiny or unnessacary since you started the project.

For that i thank you for the reading you have given me and the money you have saved me.
Burty248, I'm Soooo pleased you have got something out of the project so far and thank you for your kind comments, I am always nervous that I'm boring everyone to death with my ramblings, but if just one person gets something usefull from the website then i'm a happy man and it has done what I set out to do. I have still got one update to do on the "Project 53" which is the report from the Off Road Wars at Maritime and if I do get a lucky day when I can get out to play I will be using the Durga and keeping the site going.

On the subject of the website, I really didn't want to shut it down and over the last few days I have had a few ideas in my head of ways to keep it going......so i'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks again all!

Martin
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Hi Martin - a real shame to hear you're taking a back seat for the time being, but I fully understand your reasons and I don't think anyone will knock you for those.

Don't stay away for too long - was looking forward to some SC battles with you and Mr Johnson at next years Triple Crown!!

Keep the site going the best you can, and hopefully we'll see you at FORCC before much longer!

All the best matey,

Dave.