Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 20-07-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny20 View Post
My personal opinion is this no matter how good your weather your the best at the track or whatever they should still attend club racers. To show they support the club some people dont go to them now. But since the fule prices went up we cant attend to all of the tracks

Has anyone got a translator?

Gobshite to english will do?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 20-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
I made the trip to support Bury today despite the fact that I 'should' have been helping Southport prepare for the National. With hindsight perhaps the shovel/paintbrush would have been a better choice (sorry to all at Southport who did help out )
The usual suspects plus a couple more, who know who they are, where in attendance painting and preparing the track this weekend. there is still more to do during the week if you contact burgers to see what nights we are going.

But as for Bury, a day missed is surly not great for moral of all partys.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 20-07-2008

Got some bitchin crawling done though!

It was sick!

Old 20-07-2008
Mad Member

I went down And heard from someone who had phoned Roger the night before and he had said he was not coming down. So i left dissapointed.
Old 20-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I was at Bury today and a good day was had by all

Only the ordinary members can be blamed if this club has to close.

Other than the 'Southport lot' only 5 others turned up!

Roger and Co can only do so much.
Old 20-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Has anyone got a translator?

Gobshite to english will do?
here ya go lee.

Gobshite Translator!
Old 20-07-2008
Lee-Mag

Fantastic, it works too

On a serious note though, did anyone actually know what vinny meant?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 20-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny20 View Post
My personal opinion is this no matter how good your weather your the best at the track or whatever they should still attend club racers. To show they support the club some people dont go to them now. But since the fule prices went up we cant attend to all of the tracks
I said 'constructive', not 'codswallop'. I'd try to help you, but I don't know where to begin!

Anyway, as we're being constructive, in the absence of racing it was still good to see people on the rostrum practicing/testing away and making best use of the facilities. It would be a real shame to let Bury slip away....
Old 20-07-2008

had a good day at bury today, its a shame the there was no one there to run a race meeting , i'm sure the organisers had good excuse's.
today showed that people are willing to support the club 'when' they can, and it would be a great loss to the n.w. region if bury was to close,
i for one won't let todays no show, put me off going to bury again, as i had a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddybux View Post
Got some bitchin crawling done though!

It was sick!
i didn't see the can 'crawling' today, i would've had a go with the t4
Old 20-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Fantastic, it works too

On a serious note though, did anyone actually know what vinny meant?

Out of the three sentences he wrote, I think I understood approximately none of them. And I think there’s only one other person on this forum who would understand at least one of them. His name begins with b and ends with g.
Old 20-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What happens for the regional in 2 weeks time? Is it still going ahead?

Bury has been unfortunate with weather for the last 2 years. But this year has proved that the club has no real member loyalty beyond people who turn up to practice for the NE regionals and Nationals. Its a shame. It needs influx of newbies.
Old 21-07-2008

There were LOADS of kids around on Sunday, and because of the Oval Cycling tournament they had on, there were quite a few adults. I was asked on a couple of occassions about the costs of racing. If only Roger et al had been there to coax them in as members.

Old 21-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
What happens for the regional in 2 weeks time? Is it still going ahead?
If Bury are unable/unwilling to hold the Regional, then we will host it at Souhport. And maybe running the track anti-clockwise or something for a change!
Old 21-07-2008

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Oople today. I was among the few who turned up at Bury yesterday. It was my first race meeting in 15 years so from a personal point of view it was nice to have a bit of free practice against the small friendly group who showed up. Barring the odd broken wishbone, it was a fun day despite there being no racing. And I'll also say the 'Marshalls' did an excellent job.

However, looking at the Bury club situation, I understand from chatting to people and what I've read on here that it is struggling for support, to the point where the organisers are perhaps loosing enthusiasm. I remember way back when you could show up to Bury for a club meeting and there would be probably 60-80 people typically and a reasonable standard. There is I'm sure still the basis of a good club there and with a bit of maintenance and a lick of paint here and there (and perhaps round off a few of those wishbone breaking kerbs for the more careless such as myself!) the club could be restored to it's former glory. It's a shame that for a decent off road club that those from Manchester have to go as far as Batley or Southport, which is what will happen if Bury folds.

Lets hope for the good of the sport in the area that it keeps going somehow.

Chris
Old 21-07-2008

It was great to see people at the track yesterday. Such a pity there was no racing.

I guess we got a taste of how Roger feels when he sets up and there is no one there !

A lot of people were angry there was no racing. Personaly I was just dissapointed, I had taken time off work becasue I had read on here other people were going to turn up this week.

Has anyone spoken to Roger since, what are his feelings ?
Old 21-07-2008
Stu-Perstar

I think that some poeple have very good ideas but when it comes down to it, what happens? You all leave it to MY Dad. Just to let you know he has had 6 weeks now when he has been to the track with all of the computer and printer stuff( with a bad back and after a heart attach) and hardly anyone has turned up. Insted of Bitching about no one turned up to run the meeting, already there has been a few post's on here that they have mine and my Dads telephone numbers but we DID NOT get any phone calls. I had a text off a friend of mine and I said I am not going and that my Dad was really upset and I dont know if he was going. If you all want the club to stay open then come forward and I will give you the keys to the place and you can have a go at running it for the 8 members.
Sorry for going on but nobody looks at the bigger picture! 1 day 20 people turn up and my Dad doesnt and you all have a go. He has been there every Sunday for the last God knows how many years and if it wasnt for him it would of gone in the mid 90's. Bit of respect is needed I think. What has he got out of all them years? 8 members.
Old 22-07-2008

I think Roger deserves a medal TBH for the way he has continued to open up each week and tries to keep things going. It must be so frustrating.
Old 22-07-2008

Woody, I think you'll find most people have tried to be constructive about Sunday. Indeed there was very little 'bitching' that I noticed, just a decent turnout having a laugh and getting some practice in the sunshine, making the most of things.

The day could possibly have been better with some organised racing, that's all.

Will PM about the other stuff...
Old 22-07-2008
Mad Member

I was there sunday and had a good laugh

Racing or not... had a a good time.. plus gave me a chance to get some practice in and set up my cars.. oh and break them! lol!!

I didnt hear anyone moaning or bitching?!

This track has so much potential.. as Pugboy says a spruce up and a lick of paint would do it the world of good... and maybe make a few alterations to make it less of a " car breaking track! " lol!!

The trackside buildings and rostrum could be spruced up etc.. could the club get some sort of cash injection from the council to fund the tidy up etc?

Cheers

Nick
Old 22-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It isn't a car breaking track, I hate it when people say it is, its no more of a car breaker than Batley, Southport, EPR, Kidderminster.

If you are breaking your car then you are driving too fast for the track. The track at Bury is excellent just as it is. Go and enjoy it, and that practice will mean you'll break less