Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > SRCC - Southport

Old 22-01-2017

Default This Weekends GP

On behalf of SRCC I would like to thank everybody who came and raced with us at this weekends GP. I think everybody agrees this weekend has been a great success.

I think everybody can appreciate the quality of the facilities at our indoor venue and the canteen being open on Saturday & Sunday was a bonus.
Several people commented that using the plastic sheeting added another good feature. From my prospective besides it being a good feature it's helping save damage to the floor which is another bonus.

Smoking inside the School Grounds.
On Saturday morning I was pulled aside by the caretaker and reminded that the School Grounds are a Non-Smoking area after people were seen Smoking in front of the building.
After the racing finished on Sunday, I was pulled aside by the staff regarding Cigarette buts left outside the rear of the Sports Hall. Rather than have them clean up this mess I stayed and cleaned it up, this stopped it being escalated and us being reprimanded again.
Every week I comment that the School Grounds are a Non-Smoking area, these are not our rules, these are the Schools rules to which we must adhere.
If you need to smoke, please do not smoke on the inside School Grounds, please smoke outside the School Grounds.
I'm sorry, but If you don't you will be asked to leave the meeting.

Finishing on a positive note. I'd like to thank everybody who helped put the track out and who stayed to help put everything away again. We had more helpers than we ever have done and this really did help, Thank You.
Finally I'd like to thank Eric for running the meeting as efficiently as ever, and Tony for designing the track.

We look forward to seeing you next weekend for the next round of Turf Wars.

Tommy
Old 23-01-2017

Cheers for a great weekend SRCC!! Great effort, well ran, great racing....what more could you ask for!!