Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 08-03-2017

Default How is the Schumachers K2 and KC to work on?

I am currently in the process of jumping ship from Durango.
The two options I am looking at at the moment is the K2 and KC vs XB417 and XB2 17.

I have no strong feelings for either, and hence I am a proper weekend warrior with all preparation for races are done the night before at 3am
I am probably most interested in the easiest package to keep at a decent race level with minimum maintenance.

Any inputs from you guys would be appreciated!
Old 08-03-2017

KC is easier to work on vs KD.
Back end of KD is pain to open up to get to the diff. Motor has to come off, slipper etc... its not fun.. I would not want to do that between heats.

KC retains most of the logic of the KF for the rear so you can lift off the top of the rear transmission case to get access to belt & diff. Its easy to understand and can be done is say 10mins for relative novice taking it easy.

Belt changes for K2 are similar to rear access on KF / KC and same runs thru for the front end. Front end a touch harder. K2 in traverse format makes belt tension much easier. I've been tempted to cut away the front side guard to allow track side belt tension adjustment on the front otherwise you faff with screws to get a clean access to adjust (you will faff with tension initially to get it right).

Do also note the recent feedback from MB Models re Xray.. if shop support starts to fall away it won't be so nice. Plus check cost of parts like for like. Rear hub carrier seemed like a stark contrast as did built shocks when considering Xray.

NB - I'm relatively new to RC, so comes with YMMV rider.
Old 09-03-2017

Currently run both xrays your looking at. Xb2 is incredibly strong, broken nothing in 14 months running weekly indoors and outdoor regionals,it's a good safe drive, but at my club had 2 xray lads have switched immediately to the KC after seeing team lads running them once. Plus most kf2 drivers at club are changing over as well, so I'd say the KC is prob the car to have at the moment. (Btw we run on Eos carpet mid size track)
The xb4 is a blast to drive, so easy to get around a track and again really strong (2 wishbones in a year from big hits) Also both cars are really easy to work on, If your after simplicity of access to diffs (6 screws ur in xb2, and 4 screws for the xb4) yes the cost of parts is a bit steep, but they last well. Lads at club who that have dropped the 2wd have kept the xb4. So KC and xb4 in my eyes. Lol

Xray XB2 '18
Xray XB4 '18
Old 09-03-2017

I see you posted the same question in the Xray section. You will always get a biased opinion.... After owning both Xray and Schumacher cars I think as mentioned above the XB4 and the KC would be the best combo.

The K2 is a very good car but not as easy to work on as the XB4. The XB4 seems to do very well from club level and up. I would advise against the XB2.... a nicely made car but I found I was always after more steering.

I've just bought a KC and hope to run it tonight in the dry for the first time. Although not as easy to work on as the XB2 it certainly has so many tuning options to suit all tracks and driving styles.

I hope that helps....