Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-04-2017

Default Futaba T4GRS purchase itch

Futaba T4GRS

Like the look of these Transmitters, currently running the core sport CR153 and fancy a bit of an upgrade.

any advice from members about whether it is the way to go and will it be a good noticeable upgrade in performance?

Will be sticking with a stick transmitter as really cant get my head around a wheel as I have always had sticks with cars/planes etc.

if it is a good option, where would be the cheapest best deal to get one? are there any dealers linked to here that do deals?

Cheers in advance
Old 05-04-2017

Can't fault mine really nice and easy to use , receivers are expensive but the hpi rf11 receivers are the same and a lot cheaper.
Old 05-04-2017

Hey buddy, did exactly the same update around a year ago and don't regret it at all, as Novice has said the HPI receivers are a good money saver.

Has been flawless for me across several mainly offroad classes, comfortable to hold with adjustable stick position etc.

If I was being picky I would say that programming is challenging - the instruction book reminds me of a VCR instruction manual(!) and point to note is that there is no rechargeable battery supplied but overall very recommended
Old 05-04-2017

I went for a CoreRC to the T4GRS. I did notice an improvement to the responsiveness of it, like in the wet when you get a slid, I found I could correct it much earlier so just turned into a half slide rather than a full wash out.

A few people at my local club have also recently got one and noticed a big improvement with their driving.
Old 05-04-2017

Same here. I was using a Futaba Field Force 3 with a FrSky DFT module, which worked reat and got me away from 40Mhz (and long aerials!) Got a 4GRS and the speed difference is night and day. Granted i could still drive the FF3, but this is noticably faster and like DynaMight says- if it slides you can catch it and not have to 'predictively' react.

That it also only uses 4 AA, has all the features you could ever wish for is another great couple of features too. Only annoyance is the overly bright blue jog button!

I have seen an offer, where you get two rx in the box rather than the sinlge rx i got. That said, HiTec and Orange rx work (and are $15 each for the orange ones!). https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...-and-sbus.html

Of course, buy local first.
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 07-04-2017

I too went from a budget stick radio to the 4GRS and noticed a difference in accuracy of car placement and lap consistency.

Being picky, build quality doesn't seem up there with the old 3VC, but for the price point, there's no other option as you've probably realised. It's still a damn good radio.

I personally like using the std 4 AA's rather than having another battery to manage.
Old 07-04-2017
Mad Member

This is the cheapest i can see in the UK. Free postage too
http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php...GRS&area=Radio
Old 07-04-2017

Have scratched the itch and bought from Steve Webb in Frodsham, nice welcoming shop they have got going there.
Look forward to trying it out over the weekend.
Old 07-04-2017

Agree with the 4 AAs. Paddyeds-first time i've had to read a manual! pay attention to the Servo speed section in set up-there is potential to burn out a non-digital servo.
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 09-04-2017

Thanks for that Bish, I am running an SRT digital servo so hopefully good to go.
Been busy all weekend so its still sat in its box as yet.
Old 09-04-2017

I also upgraded from a core to the T4GRS and it's been a brilliant bit of kit I can't fault it at all . Had it since Christmas now and still amazed at the functions it has .

When buying it I wondered what the difference was between that of the t4 and the more expensive ko propo and sanwa sticks would be if any ?