Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 28-02-2013

Default new load of spares

hi there
being new to 1/10 off road and having brought a dex210 and a desc210 I am starting to think I have made a mistake, I have been waiting two months for a 87t gear and for my Desc the same time for the alloy hex drives and still nothing comes in to stock.

for a car that is so popular how come loads of the every day and high value option parts are out of stock for so long, sorry guys at Durango but this is pretty rubbish.

what is the reason, it can not because the stuff is made in the far east as that is where it is all made bar Schumacher of course.

Carb
Old 28-02-2013

Hi Carb,

Easy enough to find the hexes and spur gear on the internet.
Amain and other shops has the parts in stock. I dont see your problem..
Old 01-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Between JE and MB Models I've never had an issue sourcing 210 parts. Sometimes you might have to be flexible and say get Exotek alloy hexes instead of Tresrey ones, or the whole layshaft set instead of just the slipper spacer but one way or another its easy to keep on the road.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-03-2013

Are you only looking on the Durango site for these ? If so try looking as others have said to JE Models or MB Models. Both have a fairly extensive stock of parts for all cars, and are generally well stocked. They also carry upgrade parts such as RW (for your spur gear) and Tresrey/Exotek for the other bits.

Give them a try

www.jemodels.com

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/ < thats MB Models

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 01-03-2013

Inside Line Racing also has an extensive stock of parts and upgrades: http://insidelineracing.co.uk/
Old 01-03-2013
Mad Member

Not had a problem sourcing parts, if you can't locate the spur you want then RW also make them. Just because you're having difficulties getting hold of the spur you want I wouldn't say purchasing those two cars was a mistake

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 01-03-2013

I run both of those cars, race the truck every week, race the buggy 2-4 times a month, never had a problem sourcing parts, Rob at Southwest RC is ya man
http://www.southwestrc.co.uk/
give him a call if he doesn't have it in stock he can get it quickly.

They stock RW spurs which are better than kit stuff, plus you want a smaller spur really to move your motor closer to the gearbox I think I run a 78t.
Old 03-03-2013

Same with me, I have the DESC210 and the DEX210 but not really had a problem with spares. Took a while to get hold of the alloy hexes for the truck but to be honest I didn't have any problems with the plastic ones.

The RW spurs are much better, and Rob has a good selection in stock (as well as a couple of box loads of spares for both the truck and the buggy to keep you on the track). Rob has his shop at most of the WORM events if you need anything on a race day, or just give him a call.
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
hi there
being new to 1/10 off road and having brought a dex210 and a desc210 I am starting to think I have made a mistake, I have been waiting two months for a 87t gear and for my Desc the same time for the alloy hex drives and still nothing comes in to stock.

for a car that is so popular how come loads of the every day and high value option parts are out of stock for so long, sorry guys at Durango but this is pretty rubbish.

what is the reason, it can not because the stuff is made in the far east as that is where it is all made bar Schumacher of course.

Carb
Bar the tyres and comercailly sensitive stuff schumachers stuff is made in the far east now
The only manufacturer that still manufacturers in house still is xray/hudy