Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

Default Winter Wonder Rd 11...NOW THIS SATURDAY (23rd Feb)

Hi All,

Bit of news about this weekends upcoming racing...a slight admin error on our part means that we double booked ourselves with the onroad guys for Sunday, so we are now racing on Saturday instead....so Saturday 23rd Feb.

Sorry for the very late notice, hopefully we still get a few able to come!!!

Weather is looking ok...dry between now and then, so fingers crossed it holds out for us for the weekend!

In other news....there will be another thread to check for the full story but...

PARKING...As of Saturday, during race meetings parking for all racers is now restricted to the grassy triangle area on the right as you drive in to the track.

You can drive down and drop off your kit to the pits, but all cars must then be moved out. This should leave the carpark clear for club officials and cafe staff...but also mainly for safety! We need to have good clear access in and out of the track/pits in the event of an emergency, and this is the best way we can achieve this.

A handy by product of this is that moving from the pits to the rostrum and track will also now be much easier during race days!!

Currently we not have access to the grass to the left of the driveway, so please do not park there. We will monitor how this works out, and adjust our plans accordingly if capacity on the triangle becomes an issue.

Please check the other thread for further news about upcoming changes/developments at the club in general
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-02-2013

Is this counting as part of the winter series? If so I do find that abit unfair as I have to work every other saturday and cant just swap them around at this short notice. I am aware that you have no choice and that people want to race and its great that they will get a chance to this weekend but I dont think its fair for the points to count. Only my 2 pence worth.
Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

Doh...bummer dude!

Sadly we can't please everyone it seems.

It should count really, and hopefully we've had enough rounds to give you a good score in the series overall anyway. Most people have missed rounds along the way anyway, so your not alone.

I'm with you though, very annoying, and very late in the day making this call, but it's the best we could do in the circumstances.

Apologies to anyone who looses chances to improve their scores as a result of this.
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hi Andy, Does the parking restriction apply to me mate as I have the shop which is a lot to carry if I can not get the car in and close at the end of the day.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 20-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Just a wonder. Why has this happend now as never had to before and the nitro lot dont have to either. It will turn the grass into a boggy mess and i dont wanna park on it, not unless your willing to pull us off it as thats what will happen when we get stuck. Was gunna come down this time too.
Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

Oh your such a joy Rych!!! Another really positive post once again hehehe...

Read ALL the news and you'll understand why...there is another thread with more info on it.

But to save you the time...We had a committee meeting on Sunday with the MMMRC guys, both the onroad and offroad racers will be doing this from now on, for safety and access reasons, and the grass will soon be gravelled over...so fear not grumpy old man, all is not lost!

Oh and Rob, I think the shop probably gets a pass for the carpark too...only fair and sensible really, although the whole point is to improve car movements, so it should help you really anyway

Am I right in thinking your not around this weekend though? At Maritime aren't you?
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Unfortunatly we will be missing this weekend due to racing at Maritime. I had arranged someone to bring some tyres etc on Sunday but he is unable to do this now as its on Saturday because he is working. So sorry to all for the inconvenience this may cause.

I do have the timing gear here as well which will have to get to you somehow. If anyone wants to pick it up that would be great or meet me for it. We are going away Friday morning.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 20-02-2013

None of the wet stuff is forecast between now and Saturday so we could be in for a dry meeting

Rych ... I'm pretty sure the grassy triangle is mostly hardcore these days which is more than can be said for yourself
Old 20-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
None of the wet stuff is forecast between now and Saturday so we could be in for a dry meeting

Rych ... I'm pretty sure the grassy triangle is mostly hardcore these days which is more than can be said for yourself
I know and i`d have to go at 3pm anyways if i am to come down. So still might do for a bit
You never know.....
Old 20-02-2013

with the risk of sounding like the one above any chance you can arrange power in the pits as charging in the car will be a mare dont really want to leave them unattended ?
Old 20-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by colsey2009 View Post
with the risk of sounding like the one above any chance you can arrange power in the pits as charging in the car will be a mare dont really want to leave them unattended ?
Mart, you could always charge off my car battery that i bring along(not the one thats bolted into my 1:1).
Bugger i just said what i`m doing now
Old 20-02-2013

thanks for the offer but i flatened si's pretty quickly last time i was just woundering if there was a chance of power even if we had to chip in for it
Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

As far as I know there isn't power in the pits is there?

And if there is, the issue of power and the generator is a complex one with Mendip at the moment, and one we want to stay well clear of!

I have a big enough leisure battery that you can tap off if you like, there's only likely to be me using it and I'll make sure it's well juiced!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-02-2013

thats fair enough thought i would ask about the power. thanks andy for the offer if i can make sat i will be very greatful of the use of a battery
Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmickey0 View Post
Was gunna come down this time too.
I suddenly feel so privileged with the possibility to be amonst your presents.. ANY chance of a positive comment from you Rych seeing as we have a fecking awesome track and the best facilities going?! If you get put off because you have to park on the green coloured stuff not the grey coloured stuff then that is just bonkers

See you all Saturday for another awesome day

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 20-02-2013

Hi all I will try and pop down for a look but won't be bringing my cars inles I can race for free lol
Old 20-02-2013

that sound good, where do the people park when there are campers or caravans on the triangle as per last summer or has every one forgotten about the circus people that were on the triangle and are due back , sorry but this a joke, what's next designated car parking spaces with name tags.

Saturday race meetings great if don't have to work,as both calendars were posted months ago how come it is less than a week before changing the dates, just as well for those that can now no longer come on Sunday as the forecast is for snow.

well that is racing
Old 21-02-2013
Mad Member

Parking is always a contentious issue...you should try parking on my street in Weston!!

So look...we have done what we think is the best we can with the circumstances and resources we have available.

If you don't believe this to be the case, or you believe you have a better solution, then please feel free to PM or speak to me, or anyone of the guys running the club in person to discuss it and we'll see what we can do!

We will always listen to anyone else's ideas and welcome your input on anything to do with the running of the club...we have our ideas, thoughts and opinions, but we are not all seeing all knowing folk and the Mendip setup is all new to us so we're only finding our feet with it. We'd welcome the help and advice!

With regards the date clash...once again I can only apologise for the late change. I'm not going into all the in's and out's of this on here, as it doesn't make for very interesting reading. Suffice to say, I thought we'd booked it, MMMRC didn't think we had so booked themselves an event instead. My fault for not checking their activities sooner, hands up, I'm sorry.

I personally only noticed this on Saturday when I started looking at the calender for next year, so we dealt with it as quickly as we could, and with what we considered to be the best solution we could considering all the circumstances.

Once again, if you have any better ideas, we'll happily hear them...in a constructive and positive way please

Weather still looking dry...if a little cold for Saturday...
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 21-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
ANY chance of a positive comment from you Rych seeing as we have a fecking awesome track and the best facilities going?!
Ok. Its gunna be an awesome day and its gunna be dry and sunny all the day.
Hows that
Nearly forgot, the burgers are the best for miles
Old 21-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmickey0 View Post
Ok. Its gunna be an awesome day and its gunna be dry and sunny all the day.
Hows that
Nearly forgot, the burgers are the best for miles
Better

See you Saturday

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West