Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 16-09-2015

Default Autumn/Winter Series

A little quiet last night but plenty of grip and a nice flowing track led to some great racing for both TC & Buggy classes with Paul getting better and better with his buggy.

I’d like to thank Pikey for one of the closest races I’ve ever had in the TC class in leg 1 of the final. Starting on pole with Pikey in 2nd the lead changed 3 times in the first 2 laps, each time with very robust but fair overtakes involving a bit of door rubbing leaving Pikey leading the race on lap 3. Despite being quicker I just couldn’t pass him and spent the full remainder of the race glued to his rear bumper, Pikey pulling a few car lengths on the straight, but my midway through the infield holding me up.

I just banked on the pressure getting to him and him making a mistake so full credit to him for holding out for a full 17 laps, being almost pushed through the corners, to take leg 1 win.

Brilliant driving Richie!!!! And cheers for an cracking race J

Hopefully see a few more cars back on track nest week, no excuses at the nights are getting dark, the weather worse and no Newcastle match on TV next Monday!

Also a potential new racer (ex 1/8th) along for a look – hope to see you back with a car soon Chris

See you all there nest week
Old 23-09-2015

Ok first mention this week is a massive thanks to Martin Purvis thanks to whom the club now has a Road Rail track system!!!!!

This should save time and effort setting up and clearing up, takes no space to store, no tape, reduces marshalling requirement to almost non existent (unless you clip it too hard and roll), and is much more car friendly so will reduce breakages and shells should last a lot longer. Great Result for the club – Cheers Martin!!!

I remember looking a this when we first moved to TyneMet as a way to reduce storage requirement and thinking “how much” – cant remember the exact price and it doesn’t seem to be listed with price anywhere now but it was SEVERAL £K!

Anyway we tried out some drift racing last night with foam tyres on the wood which I for one enjoyed, and I’m guessing Jedward for another did as he managed a lap more than anyone else on them!
Not to everyone’s liking tho as some drivers simply didn’t have the talent to drive them (Hindson ;-)….

Good fun tho and maybe something to do as an occasional change – talk of running rally blocks sometime as well J

Last night’s overall winner was Paul Ainscow taking both pole and both race wins J

Series results after last nights drifting attached.

See you all back next week when hopefully the track setup will be a little more straight forward once we have some “pegs” to hold the new track together in the form of brown wall plugs – already sorted ;-)
Old 29-09-2015

Well not much I can say about last night as I was a little too pre-occupied to see much of what went on thanks to snapping a drive belt in Q1. A frantic replacement should have been ready for Q4 had the aftermarket replacement not been too short to get the tensioner back in………..at which point I’d had enough and went home L

Hopefully I can get the old girl going for next week, I def have one Losi belt on a spare chassis but once that goes……..:-(

Couple of plus points – Chris joined us - well not me but the rest of the lads on track for his first race night and Snowman made a long overdue appearance, tho not racing but hopefully will be back soon.

No Marc Fairbairn tho after his promised return L

Hopefully I’ll be there next week with a running car again.
Old 01-10-2015

Default Supplies

Got some more big rolls of gaffer tape if needed for track/loop set up let me know and I will bring it down next Monday.
Old 06-10-2015

Yes please Mark :-)
Old 20-10-2015

A decent turn out last night and good to see marc Fairbairn back – hopefully not another one off, and John Collier? For hir first time racing

A mix of hand rail and road-rail last night for the track setup with fluted dowels and split rings holding the road-rail together much better than the rawl plugs and a lot less airborne cars and track maintenance. However one broken track section, a few “grenade pin” casualties and to be honest, rather a pain to set up compared to the handrail J

Also while some are in favour of the new road-rail, a few racers REALLY don’t like it so it looks like we’ll be back to the handrail in future, more effort to clear up but easier and quicker to put out and everyone knows what they’re getting with it.

On another subject, with various perple trying varisou tyres Richie lent me his white rally blocks for the last Q and final as my pins were all but slick. I couldn’t believe the grip white blocks gave, more than I would have had from new pins so maybe they are the way forward, I’ll certainly be getting some to try for a full noghts racing to see what theyr e like on an “early” dirtier floor!

I’m guessing Mr Hindson has posted results on our bew web page – www.newcastlercracers.uk

See you all again next week.
Old 12-11-2015

A good turn out this week with the busiest race meet we’re had in a while. 2 TC heats and 1 buggy heat with the best buggy numbers in a while, all getting in the usual 4 Q & 2 leg finals.

A rare visit from Clarky testing out for an upcoming races somewhere, and good to have Mike Turner back for his second visit and racing one of Pikey’s old cars with a view to buying it – and not going too bad for a first drive on a slippy floor J

Hopefully another new regular to keep numbers up and add to the competition J

Results and standings will be at www.newcastlercracers.uk

See you all back for some more of the same next week.
Old 17-11-2015

Another good turn out this week with 3 heats racing 4 Q and 2 finals as usual.

Couple of lads upping their game during parts of last night were Scowen – absolutely flying and should’ve won the first A final until a mistake cost him and Paul Ainscow looking particularly good in the buggies, again the odd mistake letting him down.
Mike turned up for the 3rd week in a row, buying a car from Pikey so should be racing properly next week and a visit from hopefully a new regular racer with Daniel joining the buggy lads on track and not doing too bad for a first run on slippy floors J

Speaking of which, the hall was a few degrees cooler than the previous week meaning less grip – not what I wanted with very worn tyres meaning I had to run the finals on rally blocks. So not my best overall of the series and definitely one to discard.

Results at www.newcastlercracers.uk

See you all next week J
Old 26-11-2015

A reasonable turn out this week with an even split of TC’s and Buggies resulting in only 2 heats meaning a slightly more relaxed pace night

First full nights racing for Mike with Richie’s old car so thrown in at the deep end. a single TC heat meaning he was up against the faster drivers on his first proper race night!

An admirable job of allowing the leaders to lap tho Milke so hopefully back to split TC heats next week meaning you can concentrate a bit more on racing and less on being courteous!!!

Some good racing in the buggy heat and some seriously hard work racing in the TC’s, particularly the finals with lap times so close passing was almost impossible without the driver in front making a mistake.

Race results will be posted on the website by Hindson eventually – also, must get him to fix the crazy qualifying system he’s introduced which blatantly robbed me of a point and gave it to Pikey last night as well as putting me to 3rd on the grid despite having the fastest quail time???????

Se you all next week
Old 26-11-2015

Hi lads,just wondering if there has ever been practice nights held
Old 30-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdoddswrth View Post
Hi lads,just wondering if there has ever been practice nights held
Every Monday night is a practice night - I'm hoping to get the hang of it one of these days
Old 02-12-2015

Xmas Curry anyone? Richie suggested it last night as we done it last year, might be difficult to organise a night again but anyone interested lets know.

Winter Series – busiest night in a long time this weekwith 3 full heats for the penultimate round of the series with me needing to do well to stay in with any chance at all. Everything looking good having my newfound boosted speedo and finishing first over quali by some distance until the car died while leading the final, not sure what yet, hopefully a diff bearing, hopefully not a belt issue!

Anyway, its now between Posh Boy & Pikey for the TC win, not too sure on the Buggies but results and standings will be on www.newcastlercracers.uk as ever – hopefully accompanied soon by some “on car” footage from Paul’s buggy – looking forward to seeing that!!!

Racing as usual next week before a week off on the 14th as the gym floor is being re-laid – or the track is being re-surfaced if that sounds better J

See you all next Monday when maybe I can still play a part in the Series win by returning regular Posh Boy’s backing up tactics to help Pikey J!
Old 09-12-2015

Gents

History was made at the club this week when the A final was won for the first time with Rally Blocks instead of minipins!!!!!

Well done to Mad Dog who was absolutely flying on yellow blocks all night and won the final fair and square on speed and not due to a fluke – Nev take note!!!

A little light on buggies last night but still running 3 heats though all the TC’s were in the same final due to time.

Good to see Keir back after many years for a run around, hopefully back as a regular soon and will persuade his mate Steve to join in the indoor fun instead of getting dirty and cold bashing outdoors.

As mentioned, no racing Monday 14th but back as usual on 21st. No racing between xmas & new year but back on 4th Jan after that and will have to think about sorting the AGM

Not much interest in the Curry unfortunately, only 4 or 5 seemed interested and trying to sort a night when all could make it will probs be a nightmare so maybe think about a new year curry instead?

Will be interested to se what the new tack surface is like for grip on 21st, for both pins & blocks

Anyway, I think that’s the Winter Series over – results will be on the web page…J
Old 21-12-2015

Hi lads,can't make it tonight
Old 24-12-2015

Default Xmas

Merry Xmas from my house to yours hope you's have a great day
Old 31-12-2015

Are we back on Monday night ?