Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 31-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Awesome

How do you find the Naza versus the Kk2?

Also - how's the Naza lite - any difference to the Naza?

Naza is more enjoyable to fly with at this stage of my flying experience, you can just enjoy buzzing round the skies with no stress.
KK2 is ok but dont blink or your copter is dead!
The KK2 is pretty much the same as the naza when in manual mode, minus the self level on the naza.

Cant say i notice any difference with the naza v2 and lite. The v2 on the hexa is ideal though, as i have pre ordered the iosd mini and bluetooth for it. These dont work woth the lite.
Old 31-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the info re the Naza / KK2

Here's my ecks wooden quad - flew great on 1st attempt!

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 31-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks good Andy. Are you flying it at Batley tomorrow?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 31-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Neal.

Not sure if I can make it yet fella - lots on

Flew the ecks behind our house on a small patch of land and it's a right handful !
I've turned down stick scaling etc, but even with self level on it wants to turn up it's own rear !
It's going to take some getting used to. First proper flight, I bailed and crashed it into some serious nettles & brambles, took me ages to dig it out!

Old 01-09-2013

Looking good! very neat job.
Old 03-09-2013

Very nice Mr Shillito, it has a pure look to it. I went along with your suggestions, bought a DJI frame & parts from other places.
Old 04-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Flew the ecks in a proper big field today. Flies just like my 330 did

Tried the KK2 for a bit with auto level mixing / off, but it's too scary, so decided to leave auto level on and practice some more. With auto level on, when you are really moving, you can kind of let go / centre the stick and you know the quad will level up rathe than hitting the ground - much easier.

I don't think my brain / thumbs will ever be quick enough to fly full acro how on earth people fly these things at speed and react so quick is beyond me. At full beans, if this goes wrong it's in another postcode before I know it !

Also - ordered some 12amp Afro esc's for it from the King of Hobbies

Old 04-09-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
I don't think my brain / thumbs will ever be quick enough to fly full acro how on earth people fly these things at speed and react so quick is beyond me. At full beans, if this goes wrong it's in another postcode before I know it !
My sentiments exactly!
Old 26-09-2013

DJI F450 Frame
Naza M Lite with GPS
Turnigy 9x Radio (Stock Receiver)
Proflight 1000kv Motors
Proflight 30A ESC
GEMFAN 10x4.5 Props
Turnigy 2200 Mah 3S Lipo
Quadframe.com Landing Legs (155mm)
GoPRO Hero 3 Silver

Currently getting about 7 mins flight time with GoPro. Looking to upgrade to 4000/5000 3s soon.

Planned upgrades,

Futaba T8J
Tarot 2-TD Gimbal
4000/5000 3s Lipo
SunnySky Motors
Graupner E-Props

Old 26-09-2013

Default My Quad

Hi all,

I have just built my DJI F450. Its complete with Naza Lite GPS and the DJI landing legs. Currently using Turnigy 2200mah but looking to upgrade shortly.

Had a few flights with it and it is really good, simple to set up and super stable - love it!!

Just need a Tarot Gimbal now and to upgrade my Gopro 2 to a 3 Black -

Dear Santa....

Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 892848_10151711222294541_595116042_o.jpg (211.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by jimbo_468; 26-09-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: photo not working!!
Old 26-09-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondkerr View Post
<snip>
Proflight 1000kv Motors
Proflight 30A ESC
<snip>

How are you finding those?
My "understanding" is that they are Turnigy items rebadged? I know the esc's are simonK flashed...
My tri (if I ever get round to building it) is going to use all my "old" Turnigy stuff, so I'm not knocking the product - I actually really like them!
Old 26-09-2013

Col with my limited experience I would say that they are great so far. I was aware that the proflight gear looked very similar to the turnigy, I actually bought a RTF 450 clone from proflight and started to learn how to fly. I quickly upgraded to a naza lite which made things a whole lot easier to fly once of course I worked out how to set the naza up with my 9x.

I can't complain about the power of the motors, very good even on my small 2200mah lipos. I just want to try and achieve 10 mins flight time but with a gimbal and gopro - I'm going to need higher lipos, I'm sticking with 3s, but going to go for 4000 or 5000, but I'll need to watch the weight difference.

On the whole, I'm loving the F450 - it started as a clone frame, but after a few mishaps during learning, I've since replaced the whole frame with a genuine DJI 450 which I think is a bit stronger, the plastics are better.

Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
How are you finding those?
My "understanding" is that they are Turnigy items rebadged? I know the esc's are simonK flashed...
My tri (if I ever get round to building it) is going to use all my "old" Turnigy stuff, so I'm not knocking the product - I actually really like them!
Old 26-09-2013

Quite a heavy quad but really stable, proflight esc flashed with simonK, proflight 1000kv motors, Naza V1 with GPS, 1 axis gopro gimbal.

Old 26-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost View Post
Quite a heavy quad but really stable, proflight esc flashed with simonK, proflight 1000kv motors, Naza V1 with GPS, 1 axis gopro gimbal.
Looks good Boost. what frame and props?
Look forward to your flight videos.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 26-09-2013

Frame is the Hobbyking X650F, props are the cheapest i could find on ebay as i used to break alot before am looking at getting some proper ones now as iv not broken any in a few weeks :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Looks good Boost. what frame and props?
Look forward to your flight videos.
Old 22-10-2013

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

I'm going to be scratch building 2 quads, first is a H copter that I've started building. I'm just waiting on the electronics coming for it. The I think the H copter might be a bit on the heavy side if it is I'll just drill a load of holes in it.

The other one I'll be building is a lightweight all carbon X copter but I'm still waiting on my carbon fiber sheet and tube for the build.

After seeing Neal and James flying their multi copters around at the Invernational this year I thought I'd get involved.

Last edited by D20MCK; 22-10-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: photo was way to large
Old 06-11-2013

It's starting to take shape now, just need to install the radio gear and if the battery arrives this week I'll hopefully be ready to test crash it at the weekend!!

Old 24-11-2013

First test flight during day light hours, seems to fly well. I need to understand the kk2 board a bit more so I can tune it, quite stable for a first flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjCbd4D2qA
Old 25-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by D20MCK View Post
First test flight during day light hours, seems to fly well. I need to understand the kk2 board a bit more so I can tune it, quite stable for a first flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjCbd4D2qA
Looks good, fly's well. I've still not flown my first KK2.
Old 28-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Ooops

Today's effort:

Damage summary:
4x graupner props
3x arms
1 motor wire pulled out of motor
GPS case
GPS carbon rod
Gropro case marks

It was flying great on the Taranis. Fantastic radio.
I just went a bit over the top in manual mode, and lost it in a split second. Managed to find something solid flying over a huge field of moorland.

After all this, the gopro didn't capture the impact, or if it did, the clip was lost with the power cutting off. The gopro lost it's battery on impact, so I guess any buffered data was lost before it was saved to SD card.