Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 04-02-2013

Great post mate . Explained beautifully , your car was awesome , drove away in the final .....
Old 04-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Not bad for a barge eh Ian?

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 05-02-2013

Cheers Ian....the car was great pretty much all day, and when the grip came up it was awesome to drive with the gear diff in..almost like driving on carpet!
Old 06-02-2013

Here my setup from my last race.
I was in B main like i said befor but the car have time to be in the 4place A main.
It's was the first run so if need some time to find the setup.
It's low gripp with gym floor (tartan) and jump with carpet.
I will give you link later from the race with picture or movies.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/teamc/s...in20130203.pdf

I was really happy with the car and many people said the car was famous

Next race will be National french cup on full carpet.
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
Not bad for a barge eh Ian?
Not bad at all mate, ummmm ................................
Old 11-02-2013

Ian-You know you want one!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonm View Post
Ian-You know you want one!!!!!!!
Sssshhhhhhhhh .
Old 17-02-2013

Surrey and hants winter series round 4 took place today i pulled up trackside and was welcomed by damp astro. my tm2 was setup as it comes out of the kit except for the associated front hubs and 2k diff oil.

After practise i put 1mm under the front rear hinge pin holder and changed to the team c soft rear springs

Round one and the car felt slow but i had a clean run and took tq decided to leave the car as it was for round 2

Round 2 and this time reigning euro champ lee martin took tq i managed 4th in round on a rapidly drying surface

Round 3 i was the only car to gamble yellow minipins again lee martin took tq this time though my gamble paid off as i went 2nd in round

Round 4 again lee as we all expect tq'd i was plauged by transponder issues and ended up down in 16th

So onto the 3 leg a final

Round 1 saw lee retire mid way through the run which left me leading and i was shadowed all the way by nic childs and his durango 210 heading into the last minute i got caught up with a back marker which let nic through and i was unable to make a move in the remaining time eventually finishin .3 behind nic

Round 2 and lee led away i tried a cheeky move on the inside into turn one which resulted in lee being off line for turn two and he got caught on the piping next thing i knew i was leading and had pulled a big lead as lee had a nightmare first 2 laps i kept my lines clean and traffic was very kind to me. As time dwindled i could see lee getting closer lap by lap but he just ran out of time finishing just 1 second behind me

Round 3 and myself nic and lee all had a shout at taking the overall win this time lee flew away no chance of a cheeky look up the inside. Lee took flag to flag win giving him the overall win i manage to finish second a full lap down but he is euro champ so im over the moon and third went to the kyosho rb6 of demetri panyides

Will post full set up in the next few days

James
Old 18-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Good result with that level of competition!

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 19-02-2013

Nice write up James, you must be well stoked with that 2nd leg result!.... all these people talking about how well their TM2 is going, means that I am just itching to get hold of one for myself, but i'm having to be patient!
Old 19-02-2013

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Silverstone (Moulton college) Tuesday night, 6th round of the club championship.

On arriving (around 6.00pm), it was clear that the usual lads had done a grand job and the track was almost finished. My practice was very short this time around as I had agreed to help Lew Page change a few things on his car to help him with his set up on the TM2 so basically, I had a quick go round the track to familiarise myself with the layout and make sure everything was as it should be and then back to helping Lew.

The most noticeable change I made for the evening was the fitting of a ball diff, this is something i've wanted to try on the car for a couple of weeks on this surface (grippy astro), the rest of the set up was basically unchanged but I will be posting a complete set up soon.

Competition was going to be tough as Kev Lee and Danny McGee were both in attendance along with all the other local fast lads.

Round one and i'm off 4th and a good start, after 3 laps i'm looking at TQ so all is good until an unforced error dropped me back to 3rd behind Danny and Richard (Jono). A couple more laps and another error on the same corner so back another place. After a few more laps settling down i'm back up to second behind Danny and that's where I finish, so not too bad but kicking myself for making the two errors. I lower the car a couple of millimetres before the next round.

Round 2 and I go off second behind Danny so a good start and after a couple of laps Danny has made an error and i'm through to lead on the track but Kev Lee has started down the order so is ahead on the stagger. Another error on the damn same corner and it costs me 3 seconds. The rest of the run goes well and I finish 2 seconds behind Kev so that error hurt. No changes to the car for the next run as i'm happy the way it is.

Round 3 and i'm off behind Kev this time so round the first right hander and caution around the corner that i've got stuck on three times now which allows Danny to close in, the next is a left onto a small table top jump which I slightly overshoot allowing Danny to close a little more. I decide to move wide on the next one and let Danny through as I feel i'm holding him up so I follow for 2 laps until Danny has an error over the jump by the rostrum and gets stuck. I'm through to chase Kev but he's a few corners ahead so the sensible thing is to make sure I don't crash and consolidate the grid spot. So the run ends clean and i'm 4 seconds off Kev at the finish and we both improve our times to go 1 and 2 on the grid with Danny in 3rd. Again no changes to the car as I feel it's perfect.

Onto the final and a good initial start and i've closed in a couple of feet on Kev going into the corner where i've made the errors, no problem this time and over the ripple section, getting a little sideways as I come off and lining up for the next corner which is a sharp left. Stupidly, I turn in slightly early and hang it up on the pipe where i'm stuck fast, Danny has no time to go round and gets caught up with me so we drop to 9 and 10
We are both off again and catch a couple of cars almost straight away, then a lap or two more and we are making out way through and up the order once more. I manage to get away from Danny and after another couple of laps i'm up to 4th and closing in on Jono, he moves a little wide (cheers mate) and i'm through to chase Matt Owen who has moved up to 2nd. Matt makes an error in the middle (that made me smile a lot ) and i'm through to second which, after the initial error, is a good achievement. Two more laps and I hear that Kev is 5 seconds up the road so with only 25 seconds on the clock it's unlikely that I can do anything about that unless he makes an error. Amazingly, that's exactly what he did, in the same place I did on the first lap so I go past and into the lead, with only 15 seconds now remaining i'm staying off all the apexes to make sure there's no silly mistakes and I come home ahead of Kev and Jono takes third with his TM2. A great result for the car against 2 of the countries top drivers.

Anyone who hasn't already visited this superb venue should get up/down and have a go on a Tuesday night as this club is a real credit to all involved.
Old 20-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Stupidly, I turn in slightly early and hang it up on the pipe where i'm stuck fast, Danny has no time to go round and gets caught up with me so we drop to 9 and 10
Beautifully marshaled by me
Old 21-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Silverstone (Moulton college) Tuesday night, 6th round of the club championship.

On arriving (around 6.00pm), it was clear that the usual lads had done a grand job and the track was almost finished. My practice was very short this time around as I had agreed to help Lew Page change a few things on his car to help him with his set up on the TM2 so basically, I had a quick go round the track to familiarise myself with the layout and make sure everything was as it should be and then back to helping Lew.

The most noticeable change I made for the evening was the fitting of a ball diff, this is something i've wanted to try on the car for a couple of weeks on this surface (grippy astro), the rest of the set up was basically unchanged but I will be posting a complete set up soon.

Competition was going to be tough as Kev Lee and Danny McGee were both in attendance along with all the other local fast lads.

Round one and i'm off 4th and a good start, after 3 laps i'm looking at TQ so all is good until an unforced error dropped me back to 3rd behind Danny and Richard (Jono). A couple more laps and another error on the same corner so back another place. After a few more laps settling down i'm back up to second behind Danny and that's where I finish, so not too bad but kicking myself for making the two errors. I lower the car a couple of millimetres before the next round.

Round 2 and I go off second behind Danny so a good start and after a couple of laps Danny has made an error and i'm through to lead on the track but Kev Lee has started down the order so is ahead on the stagger. Another error on the damn same corner and it costs me 3 seconds. The rest of the run goes well and I finish 2 seconds behind Kev so that error hurt. No changes to the car for the next run as i'm happy the way it is.

Round 3 and i'm off behind Kev this time so round the first right hander and caution around the corner that i've got stuck on three times now which allows Danny to close in, the next is a left onto a small table top jump which I slightly overshoot allowing Danny to close a little more. I decide to move wide on the next one and let Danny through as I feel i'm holding him up so I follow for 2 laps until Danny has an error over the jump by the rostrum and gets stuck. I'm through to chase Kev but he's a few corners ahead so the sensible thing is to make sure I don't crash and consolidate the grid spot. So the run ends clean and i'm 4 seconds off Kev at the finish and we both improve our times to go 1 and 2 on the grid with Danny in 3rd. Again no changes to the car as I feel it's perfect.

Onto the final and a good initial start and i've closed in a couple of feet on Kev going into the corner where i've made the errors, no problem this time and over the ripple section, getting a little sideways as I come off and lining up for the next corner which is a sharp left. Stupidly, I turn in slightly early and hang it up on the pipe where i'm stuck fast, Danny has no time to go round and gets caught up with me so we drop to 9 and 10
We are both off again and catch a couple of cars almost straight away, then a lap or two more and we are making out way through and up the order once more. I manage to get away from Danny and after another couple of laps i'm up to 4th and closing in on Jono, he moves a little wide (cheers mate) and i'm through to chase Matt Owen who has moved up to 2nd. Matt makes an error in the middle (that made me smile a lot ) and i'm through to second which, after the initial error, is a good achievement. Two more laps and I hear that Kev is 5 seconds up the road so with only 25 seconds on the clock it's unlikely that I can do anything about that unless he makes an error. Amazingly, that's exactly what he did, in the same place I did on the first lap so I go past and into the lead, with only 15 seconds now remaining i'm staying off all the apexes to make sure there's no silly mistakes and I come home ahead of Kev and Jono takes third with his TM2. A great result for the car against 2 of the countries top drivers.

Anyone who hasn't already visited this superb venue should get up/down and have a go on a Tuesday night as this club is a real credit to all involved.
congrats on that result
happy to see the car winning races in UK too ..
regards Tom

Modelconcept, Absima, Team C Racing and Hacker Brushless motors
Old 21-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrasherBest View Post
Beautifully marshaled by me
I managed miss all that carnage which put me about about 3rd or 4th, I then got tagged a few corners later over the ramp in front of the rostrum which put me back to the bottom of the pack where I finished

P.S; Nice one Alec on yet another win! - is it four on the trot now?
Old 22-02-2013

Myself James Lucas & Alec Springer arrived at Surrey and Hants for some thursday night racing under flood lights on astro.
The Track is a mixture of fast flowing sweeping corners and some very technical sections made that little bit harder due to visibility or lack of it.
We all had practice and all said we had good grip and cars all looked good so we set of into qualifying and after 5 mins Glen Westwood took TQ with his xb4 in 2wd configuration. I personally caught to many pipes as did Alec and james had another issue..
Still it looked good as we knew if we could keep it clean it would be a good time..
Round 2 was pretty much the same as was round 3 and 4..
Into the finals and it was glen tq then myself, alec in 3rd and James i think was 5th after some troubles

We set of and a little mistake from glen and i was past and away but some pressure from glen and i clipped a hose on a tight corner then into second i went.. I pushed the car really hard to keep him honest and managed some very good lap times.. Alec finished in 3rd and James was 4th..
Overall the car is awesome and with a little more time on track it will definately be a car to beat..

Cheers
Jay
Old 27-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default Team C takes Rnd 1 Spanish 2wd Nationals

Team C kicks off the new season with a great result in the first round of the Spanish Nationals.

Click the link for full report.

http://www.smddirect.co.uk/index.php...news&news_id=7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spanishnats2.jpg (103.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 27-02-2013

Very nice.
On the report we can find a nice movie
Old 06-03-2013

Hi everyone,

Just another report back from the weekends racing....this time back at Broxtowes astro turf track again.

Last time out here the car was great, and that was in not so favourable TM2 conditions, my set up from then can be found earlier in this thread. This time out however the conditions were near on perfect for the car which meant some alterations to the previous set up were needed.

Although the track was being much dry from the start of practice I opted to start with the setup which had performed so well previously. Within a couple of laps I decided to try a change in tyre from schum. silver staggers/ballistic buggy greens to yellow staggers and schum. yellow mini spikes. I much preferred the balance of the car with this combination but it still felt like the car was pushing through the corners a little. To rectify this I lengthened the rear inner camberlink to the longest position, keeping the hub position on the inside. This made a massive difference and brought the car to life around every part of the track, I've learned that the shortest position really does help in lower grip conditions but when the grip returns it seems to lock the rear end in too much.

Another change I made, after round one I think, was to place some 1.5mm spacers under the front ballstud. Apart from working in tandem with the lengthened rear camberlink to help the car rotate more mid corner I actually did it to make the car feel less aggressive and more predictable on corner entry...this also worked well and was how I ran the car up until the final.

In the open practice before the finals I reverted back to 2 degrees anti-squat to try and get better through the tighter bits, I'm unsure whether it made a massive difference but whilst the grip was available there was no danger of it having an adverse effect on the rear end (to my knowledge!).

At the same time I also went to ballistic buggy whites on the rear. I knew from previous experience that the tyre works well at broxtowe but I changed as the yellows I was using were now struggling to give the forward traction required for me to be able to clear a tricky double jump. In terms of lap times I don't think there is much in it though I think I did prefer the feel of the yellows!

The car was excellent again and I'm really looking forward to trying it out on a different off road track....below is the setup as it ended up : )

Front

40 weight associated oil (ah, that was another change, up from 37.5). Think I may go back to 37.5 though as it feels a bit stiff.
Black losi springs
Kit pistons with two holes drilled to 1.4mm
Outer hole on wishbone
Middle on tower
Longest camber link position + 1.5mm spacers under ball stud
Schumacher yellow cut staggers (low profile)

Rear

27.5 weight associated oil (doh, another change...up from 25 weight, due to higher temperature)
2.2 (red) CoreRC springs (double doh...another change...up from CoreRc whites)
Kit pistons
Drilled inner hole on wishbone (really thinks this helps)
Middle hole on tower
Inner camber link position on hub
Inner position on shock tower

Was all good and will be where I start off for the Broxtowe regional next month
Old 06-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Thanks for the report Iain, excellent as always and also well done on the series win, good stuff mate