Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 26-03-2013
Mad Member

Ran my TM2 for the first time tonight, completely box stock apart from 40w in the front and 30w in the rear... amazing car...

Finished 11th in the 1st round, 7th in the second and then a flat battery (I had two, but one had some thermal issues ) meant I ended up 8th in the A, a very good result for me as competition was pretty stiff.. (first time out too!)

Car felt great, easily as fast as my previous car and much more consistent but going into the final I hadn't noticed that the rear axle had some stray astro wrapped around it, so kept binding up and making the car pivot when turning left... my own fault but really easy to fix

Ended up last... but certain I could have had a reasonable finish had it not been for the rogue astro

Overall very very pleased, will be quicker with a few minor tweaks but to be honest its much better than I will ever be...
Old 27-03-2013

Said you would like it Adam

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 10-04-2013

Yes I had a similar experience to X313, my car had previously had a shakedown run at Kettering the week before but last night was my first proper meeting with this car (Kettering is really too small & low grip to get an idea of how the car performs)

Car was quick straight out of the box (I basically have the kit set-up except for 25wt oil all round with two of the piston holes in the rear shocks drilled to 1.2mm dia & 2000wt oil in the diff - all kit suggested link & shock positions etc) enough to qualify 5th in the A final. I had brain fade in the final meaning I finished flat last but what impressed me most were my laptimes - with my old car (Losi CR2) & the TC02 (I borrowed from Alec for a few weeks) I would achieve decent results by being consistant & clean but my quickest laptime would always be way off the pace of the top guys, with the TM2 I was able to get alot closer!

On Silverstone's astro, the TM2 seems to have almost no power-on understeer & so much front-end bite & grip it just encourages you to push & take corners faster than i'd ever dared before - problem is, I just hope I my thumbs can keep up!
Old 06-08-2013

Default tm2 first drive

I had a similar expereince to Derby Dan ,
My first run with the TM2 with pretty much kit set up apart from Front oil ae 37.5, kit pistons with 2 holes drilled to 1.3mm,kit springs ,kit castor (25 i think)
Rear. ae 30 oil, 2mm restrictor inside shock, kit pistons with 2 holes drilled to 1.3mm,
Car was easy to drive fast and consistent and i had my best ever runqualifying p2. My average lap is now what my fastest used to be !! & quicker than my 4wd.
The only problem i had ( this is a new kit build and first run) was the slipper overheating and loosening off in the qualifying runs, i eventually cured this completely by fitting a Durango 85t spur and AE hd slipper pads, perfect now.
As for the drive i am now looking for slightly more steering when going from a slow hairpin right to a fast hairpin left i am getting some power on understeer .This is on a high grip indoor astro track with an 18sec lap time.
Old 06-08-2013

I found a bit of low speed under steer at first, I tend to run the most aggressive front tyre I can, the balance is so good I still find it pretty easy to hang on to. Besides this try the forward ackerman positions (you need to adjust Tx end points) for more low speed steering. Also for left / right direction changes you may find coming down from 37.5 in the front helps, I'm not sure the 2mm rear limiter would help here either. Are you running the anti-roll bar? This definitely helps mid-corner steering.
Old 06-08-2013

Hi
Thanks for that , only driven it once so far ,am running lp cut staggers front and minispikes rear both in yellow,
Rear 1mm roll bar, and 20mm ride height with no added weight ( full rear wing and full tyres) might try cutting a row off rear tyres and cut gurney on rear wing .
As i say i have never been at the stage where i am looking for perfection but with this car i ran 3 heats and 3 finals without crashing once.( taken out twice by accident )
I am running kit med springs and was looking at other set ups and everyone seems to be around 2.4 rear and 4.2 front.
All in all the car is just amazing in letting me get this close to the regular winners,where i have rarely been on the same lap before.
Old 14-08-2013

I race this car during the last two months and it is very impresive how good it is in high grip astroturf. After one week testing it, i did a second place in our regional.

I would like to try the inner hole in the wishbone, but where do i have to drill the hole? Could you post a photo of it?
Old 14-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

If you look at the wishbone with the 2 existing holes in front of you, imagine a 3rd hole equally spaced with the others towards the centre of the car.

So now you've got 3 equally spaced holes in the wishbone.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 20-08-2013

Default Race update

After my 2nd run now with the Tm2 and still learning the car , this is on indoor high grip astro, i am still running the same set up as the first run but getting much more power on understeer to the point where i have to back off exiting slow corners to avoid running wide , probably just my driving but any tips on how to reduce this would be great .
love driving this car but as i get nearer the front i find i want more !!
I am running an Orion r10 with Orion 6.5 geared at 21/85 with the speedo set to default values.
Thanks
Old 20-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Try putting between 30 and 60 grams of weight at the front around the servo

Oh, and a thicker anti roll bar will help too

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 21-08-2013

Thanks John ,Will try to nite and let you know how it works.
Old 22-08-2013

Talking Tm2 test

Just back from a nights testing and what you suggested John worked a treat.Tried the car as raced last weekend to set a baseline and then changed to a 1.3 arb and understeer nearly all gone, gained 3/10ths a lap ,then i changed the front steering link to the fwd position and it just made the car work everywhere gained another 1/2 sec a lap to eventually set the fastest time I have ever done on this track and quite consistent as well . What I find with this car is that when you change something it instantly makes a noticeable difference, with my previous car you would change something small like this and not really notice a difference, and these are the only changes I have made so far.
Old 22-08-2013

I ran mine for the first time last night at a dry rhr. Kit set up with three holes in each piston drilled to 1.4mm,Losi 35wt oil in the front and Losi 30wt in the back. I put the 1.2mm roll bar on it and ran a battery through it. I also ran 2000wt in diff. Car was amazingly fast and the only thing I did to it all night was add about 30-40g of weight behind servo(ive yet to check weight exactly)because as James(RHR) has said the nose was lifting slightly on jumps. Ran the car again and it was just about there for my liking.

First proper meet with it will be the West Bridfgford regional in a few weeks.

Phill
Old 05-09-2013

Continuing on from my last post about lacking steering, I found out last night what the problem has been , the servo saver was not tight enough , simple in the end. Do many still run this or does everyone go to the alloy one ?
Old 05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
I ran mine for the first time last night at a dry rhr. Kit set up with three holes in each piston drilled to 1.4mm,Losi 35wt oil in the front and Losi 30wt in the back. I put the 1.2mm roll bar on it and ran a battery through it. I also ran 2000wt in diff. Car was amazingly fast and the only thing I did to it all night was add about 30-40g of weight behind servo(ive yet to check weight exactly)because as James(RHR) has said the nose was lifting slightly on jumps. Ran the car again and it was just about there for my liking.

First proper meet with it will be the West Bridfgford regional in a few weeks.

Phill
Are you running a full size servo or a low profile ?

I have a full size Sanwa erg and think I need a little more weight to get the nose to come down sooner on small jumps.
Also what should the gearing be for a 7.5 motor ( indoor tight grippy track) I am currently running a 6.5 vortex / Orion r10 with 21/85 and find it hard not to over jump on the small hops.thinking of going 7.5 or 8.5.
Old 05-09-2013

I'm running a full size servo and I can just fit 40g of lead between that and my reciever. I run a 24t pinion with kit spur and 7.5t LRP X20 but that has only been outside on a big astro track. What sort of gearing you would need for your type of track I don't know I'm afraid.
Maybe someone else on here can help?
Old 08-09-2013

Default West Bridgford Rd 10 Regional today

First meeting today at West Bridgford on grass with the TM2 and its the best result I've had in the last two years!. Got off to a blinding start to the day in heat one,then carried that on into the second round. Third and fourth rounds were a mixed bag really but got the two good ones that I needed.

End result i qualified in 8th in The B final...well happy with that

Final comes around and by now the grass is well worn on all the exits of the corners so its a case of steady away really.

Had a bad start,got taken out on the first corner and got knocked down to last. Coming into the last two minutes of the race and i start catching six place but I didn't have quite enough

End result I finished 7th

For the first time out with it I'm very pleased.

Phill
Old 16-09-2013

Had my fourth meeting with my TM2 on Sunday.

I've had some issues with motors and speed controls in my previous 3 meetings (2 astro + 1 grass), but now i've got a 120a Hobbywing xerun, and a 6.5 speed passion motor with the rotor from my old 8.5, I seem to have a working system.

Anyway, raced at Gt Braxted, which is my local club. It was our club championship meet 7 of 9 (i think). Track is grass, but is very worn in places atm and gets dusty. 10 people turned up for the 2wd.

First heat track was damp, so I borrowed some white ballistic spikes for the rear, and they didn't have great grip but were predictable. I got 2nd place.

Second heat, track had dried a bit, so I tried my silver schumacher minipins, and they were good, but were coming away from the hubs by the end of the race. finished 1st.

Third heat It had dried out, so I thought I'd try my Dboot B-type multibytes. (A-s would have been better I think). They we great in a straght line, but slided a bit on the corners. overall were pretty good. Finished 1st.

Final Heat I tried the D-boots again, but others had made better tire choices. I moved up to second, but the leader got away from me, and didn't give me a chance to catch him. Finished 2nd.

For the final (I qualified 2nd) it had rained lightly before the race. I went back to the Schumacher silvers which i'd glued firmly to the hubs. Got a good start and got into the lead, Tires worked very well, and I did consistent laps until the end and finished 1st. Was my best time of the day too, even though it was damp.

I do love the way my TM2 drives. Reminds me a bit of my old Mad Monkey (my favourite buggy to drive so far) , but noticeably faster, and without the transmission issues.
Old 17-09-2013

Default What a car

So I've recently got back into buggy, and the tm2 is a dream to drive stays level over jumps it's awesome.... Found that not matter how you take off the car would just soak up the landing with ease... So set the buggy up as per kit but 35wt front 27.5wt oil rear... Also drilled 3 hole on pistons to 1.4....

Had a few build issues 1st small gear that on the shaft inside gear box had com loose so fixed that... Also build slipper wrong gggrrr rebuilt but used rw gear and standard slipper pads much better nailed throttle and the bugger wheellied full length of straight...

All in all good first night run far better than my old losi 22
Old 18-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexboyracer View Post
Had my fourth meeting with my TM2 on Sunday.

I've had some issues with motors and speed controls in my previous 3 meetings (2 astro + 1 grass), but now i've got a 120a Hobbywing xerun, and a 6.5 speed passion motor with the rotor from my old 8.5, I seem to have a working system.

Anyway, raced at Gt Braxted, which is my local club. It was our club championship meet 7 of 9 (i think). Track is grass, but is very worn in places atm and gets dusty. 10 people turned up for the 2wd.

First heat track was damp, so I borrowed some white ballistic spikes for the rear, and they didn't have great grip but were predictable. I got 2nd place.

Second heat, track had dried a bit, so I tried my silver schumacher minipins, and they were good, but were coming away from the hubs by the end of the race. finished 1st.

Third heat It had dried out, so I thought I'd try my Dboot B-type multibytes. (A-s would have been better I think). They we great in a straght line, but slided a bit on the corners. overall were pretty good. Finished 1st.

Final Heat I tried the D-boots again, but others had made better tire choices. I moved up to second, but the leader got away from me, and didn't give me a chance to catch him. Finished 2nd.

For the final (I qualified 2nd) it had rained lightly before the race. I went back to the Schumacher silvers which i'd glued firmly to the hubs. Got a good start and got into the lead, Tires worked very well, and I did consistent laps until the end and finished 1st. Was my best time of the day too, even though it was damp.

I do love the way my TM2 drives. Remindes me a bit of my old Mad Monkey (my favourite buggy to drive so far) , but noticeably faster, and without the transmission issues.

Well done Will(?) Sounds like you had a good day Sunday, did you change anything apart from tyres?

I agree, it does drive really well, very precise and rewarding, but does get a bit loose compared to other cars when grip is low.
Regards,
James