Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default well look at that...

They do say that imitation is the highest form of flattery.....the TM2 has got another admirer, even the name is very similar

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 12-08-2013

are you talking about the DB2? the DB2 is a v2 of the DB1 but with (probably) an RB6 front end instead of an RB5. The DB1 was out long before the TM2, look it up.
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelMaher View Post
are you talking about the DB2? the DB2 is a v2 of the DB1 but with (probably) an RB6 front end instead of an RB5. The DB1 was out long before the TM2, look it up.
What John is saying here is that the new DB2 is identical in layout to our existing TM2. The DB1 is nothing like either the new DB2 or the TM2 in layout, all three are based on the concept of a 4wd type rear end and centre assembly with a 2wd derived front end.

It's good for us here at SMD/Team C to have competition from other manufacturers, it keeps us on our toes and also proves that our design is doing so well that its making the other manufacturers re-think their own designs to try and keep up

All good things get copied, that's life I'm afraid, the big factor with things these days is price, the TM2 is extremely competitive in this department, look it up
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
What John is saying here is that the new DB2 is identical in layout to our existing TM2. The DB1 is nothing like either the new DB2 or the TM2 in layout, all three are based on the concept of a 4wd type rear end and centre assembly with a 2wd derived front end.

It's good for us here at SMD/Team C to have competition from other manufacturers, it keeps us on our toes and also proves that our design is doing so well that its making the other manufacturers re-think their own designs to try and keep up

All good things get copied, that's life I'm afraid, the big factor with things these days is price, the TM2 is extremely competitive in this department, look it up
Alec Alec Alec - you surprise me!!
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Before this gets out of hand i will say this.
I can show you dated drawings and designed way way before the TM was even a flicker in someone's eye!....lets not get in arguments.....I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. The TM2 is a very good car but its not a DB2
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Ok I've looked it up and the new db2 still looks exactly like a TM2. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or criticising, yes the DB1 was out first, but the results sheets don't lie, in the hands of the vast majority of racers the TM2 is more successful than the DB1 ever was.......hence the DB2.

Look it up.

My feedback
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Before this gets out of hand i will say this.
I can show you dated drawings and designed way way before the TM was even a flicker in someone's eye!....lets not get in arguments.....I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. The TM2 is a very good car but its not a DB2
Tony, Tony, Tony,

There isn't an argument here you old fruit, we are pleased that you feel the need to 'amend' the DB1 to the TM2 layout that we know works extremely well on all surfaces and not just high grip.

I remember having a conversation with yourself and Dave a few months ago regarding a previous layout that you had tried but NOT put into production so I am fully aware that this is not a new design for yourselves but something that had been 'put on the backburner' so to speak.

However, the TM2 has been in production now for some time and I'm very confident that Team C have never infiltrated the Evdoka vault and seen your drawings so we will have to say that they designed it all by themselves and just got very lucky that it turned out to be an identical layout to your shelved (now resurrected) project.

I know from driving the TM2 that your new car will work really well and as I said above, I'm pleased that there is healthy competition from other manufacturers.

And you are most correct, the TM2 is not a DB2, it is a purpose built, 2wd RC vehicle that comes as a complete kit, in a sealed box for around £240, it is not a conversion that is made up of any other manufacturers parts.
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Tony, Tony, Tony,

I remember having a conversation with yourself and Dave a few months ago regarding a previous layout that you had tried but NOT put into production so I am fully aware that this is not a new design for yourselves but something that had been 'put on the backburner' so to speak.
I like honesty!!
See you guys on the track where no doubt all the racers will decide which is the quicker car
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I like honesty!!
See you guys on the track where no doubt all the racers will decide which is the quicker car
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

I would imagine the performance will be very similar

My feedback
Old 12-08-2013
Mad Member

I'm guessing that the price may be a little more tho if the DB1 was anything to go by. I'll bet it'll be a lovely car tho. As in all these things, both have pros and cons. Game on I say.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO