Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-02-2017

Default LRP Flow works ESC problem

I've got an LRP Flow works team ESC in my 2wd that has been working perfectly for many many months.
I've been using it with a Futaba T4GRS transmitter but I've recently purchased a Sanwa Exzes Z, I connected it all up to the RX-471 receiver and all was fine up until about 2 minutes into the first practice session last Sunday when it completely lost throttle, steering working but throttle not, and all 3 led's were flashing on the ESC.
I went back to my Futaba receiver and it now works fine again with my T4GRS apart from the receiver voltage fluctuating between 3.5v and 5v and the steering being very slow and not having enough torque to get it round a corner, the fan also stops when I operate the steering.
I have tried a spare ESC and the steering is fine so I know the servo is good.
I've checked the settings on the Exzes Z and channel 2 for the throttle was set to SSR mode.
Is it possible that I have blown the BEC voltage regulators? If so can it be repaired?
I was going to email Jamie Booth but there is a message on his website that he is on holiday.
Sorry for the long post.
Old 07-02-2017

i wud try a power cap in the reciever

Last edited by jayst; 07-02-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2017
Mad Member

Have you tried changing the channel 2 setting to "NOR"?
I'm sure the "SSR" mode is only for use with certain Sanwa servos not for esc, I might be wrong?
Old 09-02-2017

I've tried to power cap and that makes no difference, and I've changed the transmitter back to the NOR setting for channel 2, still the same. On a similar note I've been trying different ESC/receiver combinations and whichever ESC I plug into channel 2 on the Sanwa receiver it does not work, there is power to the ESC but it will not calibrate or work at all, yet if I plug the ESC into channel 1 I can calibrate the ESC and it works fine albeit the steering stick operates the throttle, the steering servo won't operate if I plug it into channel 2, so is it possible for a receiver channel to fail?
Old 09-02-2017
Mad Member

It definitely sounds like a BEC problem. I note from the Sanwa manual that if you try to use the "SSR" mode with a normal servo then it wont work, I'm guessing that's because of the voltage being sent to power it will be too high and possibly blow it? This may be what's happened to the esc? It sounds possible, as for repair, I'm not sure. I know Jamie is currently on holiday in Cyprus but perhaps a quick call to MB Models just to explain the situation and enquire about a repair? Good luck.
Old 09-02-2017

I'll try MB, failing that I'll try Jamie upon his return, many thanks for the replies