Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

Default A Few Questions

I'd like to get my lads having a go at offroad, but i don't really want to pay for 3 BRCA memberships and i can see there's a lot of talk about that on here, is BRCA membership a requirement to race?

Also, what cars are mostly in use at Bury?

I don't think having them on the track with loads of others would be a good idea, is the track open on none race weekends?

Do i have to worry about BRCA legal batteries and motors?

What tyres are best these days?
Old 02-03-2016

In the absence of any other response I will answer some of your questions...

Technically you are allowed to race for 3 meetings to try it out before joining the BRCA. After these 3 meetings it is mandatory as you are not insured without it.

Car wise all the major brands are well represented at Bury. The most popular tends to move in cycles (think flocks of sheep!!) but if you go with any schumacher, xray, losi, assocaiated, yokomo or sworkz you won't be alone!

When or if you join the club you will get the gate code for the rostrum to be able to practice on non race days. However, there is little to prevent you from driving from ground level should you choose to go the track without joining. The quickest way to get up to speed would be to get involved in the racing though... we were all beginners once.

I believe you would be allowed to run non BRCA legal batteries and motors at club meetings (committee may confirm, but I have seen plenty in peoples cars...) but for the cost of turnigy ultimate batteries and nvision or speed passion motors I would go for approved ones.

Hope this helps,
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I'd like to get my lads having a go at offroad, but i don't really want to pay for 3 BRCA memberships and i can see there's a lot of talk about that on here, is BRCA membership a requirement to race?

Also, what cars are mostly in use at Bury?

I don't think having them on the track with loads of others would be a good idea, is the track open on none race weekends?

Do i have to worry about BRCA legal batteries and motors?

What tyres are best these days?
Old 02-03-2016

I found this fact sheet to be handy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bury Metro Model Car Club Fact Sheet.pdf (71.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Pretty much exactly as Ian said.
The BRCA requirement is for our insurance purposes. We have traditionally offered 3 meetings grace for complete novices only just to see if you enjoy racing - you might not and its a lot of money if you don't! We've had to be a bit tighter on that rule lately as we've had a few returning racers try to abuse the system but I think it still stands.

For a club meeting we don't go around checking lipos so they don't technically have to be on the BRCA approved list, though as mentioned you can pick up ones that are for so little you might as well. We will insist that they are 2S hardcased charged appropriately and that motors are 540 sized.

For the outdoor track most drivers use Schumacher Yellow Minispikes in the dry.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 02-03-2016
Mad Member

its like buses in here, thanks guys