Old 08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
Works on RC3 - AMB PT, Mylaps Harry, MRT PT
Does not work on RC3 - Mylaps Purcy

Works on RC4 - AMB PT, Mylaps Harry, Mylaps Purcy
Does Not work on RC4 - MRT PT
Thanks, that clears it up for me now.

Im lothed to go get a new PT right this second as I need one. I like the fact that I can go get 2 MRT jobbies for the price of one when i hand in my AMB, but if this wont work 100% then I may as well buy a new AMB. Not liking the price though

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 08-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Some clarification would be good if possible. I have three MRT PT's. never had any trouble or issue with any of them nor any clashed numbers. If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind. Hate to jump to conclusions but this does read as another unnecessary money spinner upon first impressions.

I hope I'm wrong.
Same here ditto
Old 08-02-2013

It would seem as though AMB/MyLaps don't like a bit of fair competition in MRT huh. Not sure if that is fact, but it does smack of it a bit though

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 08-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Same here ditto

I wrote that last October Gaz. Before any of us knew what was happening. There's a trade in deal that enables you to upgrade for not too much money now. I took advantage of this last month. Have a look

See My Feedback

Old 08-02-2013

To stop the confusion from the EoE region forum
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=12
shows it as it is.
for RC3 decoder also read RC2 decoder
Old 08-02-2013

Face it ....the mylaps pt's price is a rip off.

The trade in price is still a rip off....having to pay for an upgrade because they want to change the system.

Drivers & racers wake up and realise that mylaps are having us all over a barrel and and like the sheep we have proven to be, we take it !

New features....load of bull

Lets hope some enterprising Brits or chinese fellows decide to make something very, very similar at a fraction of the price. And if they do you will see mylaps's prices fall.
Old 08-02-2013

Our club upgraded to RC3 last year, and from memory the only issue we had was that sometimes MRT transponders gave lower signal readings, so with the AMB transponders we were getting around 90-100% or so, whereas the MRT's could be as low as 50%.

There were no issues with missed laps with either, but my guess would be the new RC4 system is less sensitive, and needs a stronger transponder signal. So it sounds like AMB transponders have a stronger signal, which means they all still work?
Old 08-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexboyracer View Post
Our club upgraded to RC3 last year, and from memory the only issue we had was that sometimes MRT transponders gave lower signal readings, so with the AMB transponders we were getting around 90-100% or so, whereas the MRT's could be as low as 50%.

There were no issues with missed laps with either, but my guess would be the new RC4 system is less sensitive, and needs a stronger transponder signal. So it sounds like AMB transponders have a stronger signal, which means they all still work?
Random question: If its a new better to in system, why does it need stronger transponder signals to work?
Old 09-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

I believe it narrows the window of trigger so as to more accurately record you laptimes. The mrt weak signal may just be a component price issue, loop placement etc, as long as you get a healthy signal is all that matters.
Old 09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino20 View Post
The latest amb lap system, wouldn,t accept MRT transponders at a largescale meeting in the NL, 2 weeeks ago ,which meant drivers had to buy new transponders at the race.
There were 80+ drivers, 3 of them with MRT PTX... 2 of them missed laps, 1 worked like before... No-One had to buy a new transponder because they could use a club hand-out transponder...

Lots of MRT transponders are sold in UK, therfore I can imagine that clubs which members drive with MRT will not upgrade in near future, in the Netherlands we have less MRT transponder users...

We used RC3 and RC4, we had more problems with missing laps on RC3 then RC4 (the loop had something to do with that).
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
It would seem as though AMB/MyLaps don't like a bit of fair competition in MRT huh. Not sure if that is fact, but it does smack of it a bit though
It was hardly fair competition when MRT faked the AMB product. And it's hardly surprising that AMB have moved the technology on. The danger is that the UK racing scene gets left behind and is forced to keep using obsolete equipment in order to support a fake transponder while the rest of the world goes to RC4.
Old 09-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Cock.... its not a fake, or i supose you would say Skoda is a fake vw...

i own my amb red bug, they made me a copy of that to my number after AMb refused to repair the wire for me.
MRT did not make up numbers to bug other than the ones they recieved as trade ins.
Are you aware that mylaps recycle the numbers of the amb pts they get back? some amb owners have had thier number blocked! not to mention hand outs and whats going on there....
Old 09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
It was hardly fair competition when MRT faked the AMB product. And it's hardly surprising that AMB have moved the technology on. The danger is that the UK racing scene gets left behind and is forced to keep using obsolete equipment in order to support a fake transponder while the rest of the world goes to RC4.
well said
i see some BRCA sections are already switching over
Old 09-02-2013

Our club has changed to RC4, but mainly because the system we had was an AMB20 system which was a hand down from a previous club that folded so it was ancient.

The only reason we changed was the age of the existing one. If was a newer type then we may not have.
Old 09-02-2013

Mark,

Why do you get so "aggressive" re people's posts on this matter?

Answer a simple question:

MRT - are you sponsored by them?

It's happened, now we all need to just move forward. There are many things in life that I wish hadn't happened, but I can't change it.

At our club we've had in excess of 30 MRTs traded in so far for a Harry. Did all us want to spend money and so forth, no not really. It's not a cheap hobby, I've done 3 sets of 4WD tyres at some meetings, so including wheels and foams that's circa £30+ per set! I look back and go ouch.

If I was setting up a new club or looking to upgrade from xyz, if funds allowed I'd look at the BRCA first etc.

I'm not looking into a slagging off match as what does it achieve?

Maybe under each club section affiliated with the BRCA there could be an area to list timing system used at the club.
Old 09-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Mark,

Why do you get so "aggressive" re people's posts on this matter?

Answer a simple question:

MRT - are you sponsored by them?

It's happened, now we all need to just move forward. There are many things in life that I wish hadn't happened, but I can't change it.

At our club we've had in excess of 30 MRTs traded in so far for a Harry. Did all us want to spend money and so forth, no not really. It's not a cheap hobby, I've done 3 sets of 4WD tyres at some meetings, so including wheels and foams that's circa £30+ per set! I look back and go ouch.

If I was setting up a new club or looking to upgrade from xyz, if funds allowed I'd look at the BRCA first etc.

I'm not looking into a slagging off match as what does it achieve?

Maybe under each club section affiliated with the BRCA there could be an area to list timing system used at the club.

not being agressive, just honnest....
Old 09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer39 View Post
Face it ....the mylaps pt's price is a rip off.

The trade in price is still a rip off....having to pay for an upgrade because they want to change the system.
How much do you spent on tires and parts you break? Yes they charge a lot of money, but you don't have to buy a new one every week

We spent lots of money on transmitters, receivers, batteries and more... nobody complains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer39 View Post
New features....load of bull
Maybe, but you will never know...
Old 09-02-2013

This thread is turning shite....

You can't compare changing a PT with the cost of tyres and replacing them. Most replace tyres when they have lost their usefulness, same as if we break something, cause if we don't, we might as well not bother racing.

We don't generally go out to buy a new speedo or servo unless one is causing an issue or we have an extra chassis, and most don't swap radio's either, lots upgraded their modules to go from analogue to digital, but haven't felt the need to change again.

With the PT, it isn't that RC3/2 doesn't work, it isn't that MRT PT's don't work, at my club, the only PT we have ever had trouble with was a Harry. So when you are being hurded like cattle to dump your MRT for a Harry then it kinda stings for most club racers. I also don't believe that MRT even factored into RC4 either, just a coincidence that they have tightened tolerances etc.

But please, stop comparing essential expenditure (race fee's, fuel, tyres and breakages) with unnecessary expenditure like a new PT because the distributor has chosen to no longer support RC3 due to a new firmware.
Old 09-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to Garry

If drivers vote with their feet, didn't change over, and just stopped going to clubs which have upgraded, you bet they'd be going to MyLaps, demanding a workaround to get MRT bugs working with the new system.
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

+1 on DCM's comment,

There is another factor that is well overlooked...

There is a big impact on the not to distant future of the hobby too... if clubs are already getting to the point that handouts are not viable because of no support and PT's will be the future... (yep i'm aware handout batteries can be changed but the components are not gonna last forever... plus all handout signals were lower strength than my MRT signal when tested with a reader)

how will that effect beginners to the hobby?

they will have to spend £80+ on top of their rtr cars etc just to get their laps counted?

Or clubs will have to spend out on a batch of PT's to allow newbies or club racers to start the hobby and then deal with the fact repairs are not offered by Mylaps when the wires become damaged or plugs worn etc? PT's are not designed to be treated in the way handouts are with their bulky cases that don't have wires hanging out and simple mounting method etc.

It's also mentioned on BBK site that the Harry outright price is an offer at the minute and prices will rise.

MRT issue aside, my opinion is that the hobby as a whole is being fleeced and it will only continue, considering there are no significant benefits for using the new system or Mylaps PT's compared to others.