Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 08-04-2014

Default LRP SXX TC Spec V2 with Dualsky 13.5

Hey all. I've started to get back into my racing following a return late last year. Until now i've been borrowing things from a helpful mate, but have finally invested in my own car. I'm now looking to buy the electrics off him/replace with my own, and own all my own kit for a change!

I'm currently running an LRP SXX TC Spec V2 ESC with a Dualsky Z5 13.5. I've been playing with this over a number of weeks to try and get it 'right', as it always seems to run really hot when I manage to get things right and get some decent power off it. Even running a steady first race last week with low boost saw the motor get warmer than expected and i'm not sure where i'm going wrong or what I can do to solve it.

I'm currently running something like this:
Xray T4 '14 (64dp) 114/31
LRP SXX on 'feel' setting 6 (apparently 'linear'), boost setting 6
Dualsky Z5 13.5 - timing slightly retarded from centreline, but not fully retarded.

The first race I ran was geared 114/30, with boost at 4, and it was almost pedestrian down the straight. I upped this to 114/33, which was obviously slight fast down the straight, but still not enough. I then upped the boost to 5 and bench ran, but it still didnt appear particularly responsive. Upping to 6 saw a big step in performance, so I dropped back to 114/31 on the gearing. Although the Z5 appears to handle high temperatures well, i'm nervous of overcooking it, but something seems to be missing me on how I can get the right performance without this excessive heat!

Hope you can help!
Old 09-04-2014

first do not bench test a boosted motor it can implode with the speed they get up to.
motors don't like to go over 120c generally speaking. A tip I do in-between races is to put a fan on the motor so the heat do's not build up.