Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 06-05-2014

Default "non legal tyres"

The following is a quote from the BRCA regarding tyres as it seems people in Regions have been using all sorts of combinations....

Dear All,

TYRES ALLOWED AT 1/10th. OFF-ROAD SANCTIONED EVENTS.

I have recently been notified that a small number of drivers have been trying the old Schumacher Two-Row Stud front tyres.
The question has then been asked -- "are these commercially available" and "are they allowed".

The Rule covering this situation is 3.7 :-

3.7 ‘Commercially Available’ - Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
New versions of tyres/compounds or tyres that have not been produced within an acceptable time, as deemed by Section officials, that are therefore not easily available to all competitors may be disallowed.

The first part of this rule has existed for many years and covers any items that may be deemed needing control. Obviously old tyres (not currently made) would still conform with the phrase :- "must be or have been --- ".
So the last sentence was added two years ago.

I have checked with Schumacher, who inform me that Two-Row Stud front tyres were discontinued several years ago and have not been sold by them for several years.
They are investigating the possibility of putting them back into production but as yet no decision has been made.
Schumacher advise that these tyres "ARE NOT COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE".
(I have asked Schumacher to keep me informed if they decide to re-introduce them)

Therefore Schumacher Two-Row Stud front tyres are not currently allowed at BRCA Sanctioned events.

Best regards,
Paul Worsley. (Section Chairman)
Old 15-05-2014

re-released so it won't be a issue now

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...b&e=2852154bae
Old 15-05-2014