Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 15-04-2011

Default 1:10 OFF ROAD REGIONAL - CMCC (Colchester) Sunday 1st May

That’s right; you have barely digested the results for round 1 and round 2 is bearing down like a train. So buy a ticket and hop on board the points-fest express.

To assist us, Wills and Kate have made sure their wedding doesn’t clash with our important date. They kindly penned us just weeks before the announcement that included the assurances of additional bank holidays; thus enabling the fitment of baths, cleaning of gutters, time with the family, and still race on the Sunday. They finished the letter with, “…having two such important days so close together, we have instructed the family’s air force to launch iodide pellets into the Atlantic stratospheric currents, ensuring delightful weather for the entire weekend. Whilst benefiting the Kingdom as a whole, it will have the most positive impact on our favourite of BRCA events, the East of England regional series”

So whilst the other regions have the best drivers, we have the Royal seal of approval!

So if all drivers can book in through www.brca-eoe.co.uk (If you can’t book in yourself, ask someone else to do it for you, or drop an email to info<at>brca-eoe.co.uk (obviously replacing <at> with @)

It is imperative that you prepay as it will really help in the planning of the day. If you have any problems please drop me a line with a PM, email or use the contact form through the website www.brca-eoe.co.uk

Should the event not go ahead for any reason, i.e. war, floods, petulance, sorry I meant pestilence; all refunds will be made on the day of the announcement.

Whilst queuing for the rostrum, William has a quiet word.
"Stop laughing dear, Zipper was born that way."
Old 28-04-2011

Really looking forward to this one, have been hearing really good things about the track!

I can't find what time it starts on Sunday... what time do the gates open?
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 28-04-2011

The track is very smooth and "un-lumpy". But it does boast undulations offering natural hops into two corners, a sweeping off camber bend and a true CMCC style straight that starts on the Welsh border and finishes just past the end of the rostrum in Minsk. (not quite that long but you get the idea)

Gates open at 8am

Racing will start at 9am.

Last minute entries are coming in and it's looking to be another cracker. Our current 2WD and Junior leaders are not booked in yet! Hopefully they'll be popping their names down soon.
Old 28-04-2011

I have a sneak peak of the track from a relaible source.......

It looks awesome and QUICK!!!! So looking forward to Sunday now and I see there are some new names booked in.... will someone spring a surprise and beat George?!
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 28-04-2011
Mad Member

I think the current 2wd and junior leaders are away on bank holiday weekend duties!

Can someone please confirm that handout transponders are going to be available as I notice the regional site hasn't been updated for this information.

Track looks good, apart from the threat of a massive straight!

Hmmm 8am start, looks like i'll be getting up at 5:30 to get things packed and drive down

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 29-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
will someone spring a surprise and beat George?!
Would it be classed as a surprise if I beat George? no disrespect to George.

Jon, I've been told there are only a few handouts, so I'm having to rewire the 22 to be able to swap my pt between the two cars, still not sure if it will all fit in though.
Old 29-04-2011
Mad Member

Hmmm as for who could win, going by the last regional I attended at Colchester a few years back anything could happen. Springs to mind that none of the top qualifiers finished the finals!!

Hopefully someone will clairfy definitely about the transponders, don't want to drive all the way down to find I need a PT!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 29-04-2011

Firstly, my apologies for the delay, but I have been collating PT information that's been coming in over the past couple of days and I wanted it to be an accurate answer.

There are 3 handout PT's. The good news is; Now having all the information from all the drivers, the heat listings do not possess more than 3 people without PT's.

Jonathan. As you and I are running just one class, I am happy to share my PT with you. Just a little spot of my super velcro in your Cougar is all that's required.

New names pipping George. These guys have a record at MERCC and by the appearance of results, show some comparitive results against a certain Steve Baker and most of us know he's got pretty damn good thumbs! That says we have another 3 quality drivers attending which should make for even more exciting races!

Everyone who I have an email address for will receive an email tonight, basically confirming the above with a planned timetable attached. This information is the same that is being sent to Colchester to help them load the system as early as possible. If you spot an error drop me a line through the contact page at www.brca-eoe.co.uk Also, be sure to check your PT numbers on the heat listings as early as possible on the day.

Other than that - See you on SUNDAY
Old 29-04-2011

[QUOTE=JohnM;495954, so I'm having to rewire the 22 to be able to swap my pt between the two cars, still not sure if it will all fit in though.[/QUOTE]

You and me both John, who has a spare Y lead then?
It was all looking so neat as well
Old 30-04-2011

Default mmmm

Wot no jumps!!!!
Old 30-04-2011
Mad Member

No jumps is better then bad jumps, got to remember they are really a touring car club, so if they knocked up a few jumps, they might have been nasty to go over
Old 30-04-2011

There is a small (hoppy) jump toward the back of the track. But whilst there isn't any tabletops etc, there are some really excellent natural features.

I am amazed and so pleased with the numbers though. It's beyond what we was expecting and with a bit of luck will encourage "jump/tabletop etc" investment for future events.

See you tomorrow!

Last edited by Benh; 30-04-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Removed the "wrong quote" Doh!
Old 30-04-2011

Default s.o.s

Simon brand new LRP sphere has gone tits up, can anyone lend him one, otherwise its 2wd only
Old 30-04-2011

One of those weeks! Had a sensor wire go on a motor. Botched it back together. Xcelorin went pop for no reason. Motor failure just 6 days ago. Any CME's lately?!

Or in short, sorry I can't help my spare kit is powering mr swift tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2011

Just a quick post before I collapse in a fried heap.

Results are up www.brca-eoe.co.uk

Whilst only managing to get one heat in, I must say I really enjoyed the track and the racing today. Something quite rewarding about driving the boots of your car

Congrats to Simon for his 2WD win (if I heard right, first regional win)
And to George for a clean sweep in the 4WD.
Need a date of birth to confirm our junior champ for today. But I can congratulate Lewis Cocksedge on overall top spot.

Big thanks to CMCC. Top guys!

More to follow................
Old 02-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

i would like to thanks Ben and Jonathan for helping me with my trouble with my spur, shame i never finished a final. i only finished two races all day and that was qualifying. oh well just bad luck.

i enjoyed the track very fast but technical at the same time. i would like to see colchester hold more rounds it was very enjoyable.

many thanks

lewis

team got nitro driver

www.gotnitroonline.com <----- check it out!
Old 02-05-2011
Mad Member

Thanks to all at Colchester for a great meeting, congratulations to George and Simon for the 4wd and 2wd wins. I so need to find some more rear end grip as the track goes off

I'd also like to thank Ben for doing all the regional rep stuff, great job

Not a problem Lewis, you'll have to pop over and have a chat if your having car trouble again and I'll try my best to help you out.

Old 02-05-2011
Mad Member

A great day, if bloody windy! It was more of a battle staying put on the rostrum and fighting the urge to wipe the tears from your eyes then it was driving the cars

It was so windy in the last leg of 4wd, that it came round the edge of my sunglasses, and shock the water in my eyes, couldn't see a thing down the right side of the track.

Well done to George and Simon, about time Simon won one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I so need to find some more rear end grip as the track goes off
I know that feeling Jon, my 22 is about to become rear motored I think
Old 02-05-2011
Mad Member

Lewis, sorry that it was hitting my car that finally killed your Cat, made worse my mine being almost untouched just getting a small scratch on one side.
Old 02-05-2011

Default Gr8 Day

A big thanks to all for a gr8 day out, WELL DONE SIMON
And im chuffed I finally beat john m........but no-where near him with the 4wd
stiil next time john..........