Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 03-12-2011

Default SX3

I need some help, i wanted a durango 410V3 but it seems i might not get one this side of xmas . My next best was the SX3 so can anybody help with recomendations as to witch is the best car
Old 03-12-2011
Mad Member

I would say get the S1 KIT. When buying your essential spares kit, get the CF shock towers. A lot of guys are now using the S1 chasiss as it gives that liitle bit more flex. The car is pretty bullit proof though, unless you are very prone to crashing at crazy speeds that is
Old 03-12-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

+1 as above,
as for essentials fab brake system
alloy front caster blokes 7.5 degree
Old 04-12-2011
Mad Member

TBH Having now run the SX3 for a couple of months i would say there isn't much you need, depends if you want the extra tweeks etc...

7.5 deg caster blocks are the norm
I don't bother with S1 chassis, but do use the top decks.

FAB system is not really needed, depends on your driving style. I have it but it has been locked from first meeting.

If you want to strengthen the car then Alloy gearbox tops, but you will need to purchase a couple of shocktowers as these will break instead. Otherwise not much you need in my eyes.

Car is really good and i am sure you will not be disappointed.
Old 04-12-2011

was one of the first to have the car once it was out and the car has never disepointed me ,as for the dex dont now about england bud the schum service over here is a lot bether just as the car as all the dex cars are getting sold over here and they all move up to the SX3
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 04-12-2011

thanks for the info i am realy torn on this , i think the lazer looks good too but that it too much money , i used to run optima mids back in the day and i always got beet by cats back then.
Old 04-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
thanks for the info i am realy torn on this , i think the lazer looks good too but that it too much money , i used to run optima mids back in the day and i always got beet by cats back then.
Well if you couldn't beat them, join them
Old 05-12-2011

+1 for me

My son has only been driving 4wd for a couple of weeks now and mad C final at chadderton, which I think speaks volumes for this car. Big red gave use some setup tips and strait out of the box it was spot-on. Very imprested with the SX3
"Buy it you will not be sorry" SX
Old 16-12-2011

Quote:
I need some help, i wanted a durango 410V3 but it seems i might not get one this side of xmas . My next best was the SX3 so can anybody help with recommendations as to witch is the best car
I was going to go the Durango Route but from what I have been told/advised, is that they are not supporting their drivers with the necessary help. parts, advise and development this year compared to previous years. Seemingly, they have lost some of their best drivers as a result of the lack of the above.
Now, please let me point out that this is something that I have been told and I am only passing on a statement that was made by a third party. But, as a result I decided to go with a make of car that has been around for Years. I had a boss cat when I was 16. AND, the guys who built that class car are still going! Is durango struggling? Who knows..! But the lack of the above says to me that a young (but good) company like durango could be showing signs of struggling in this current climate. Just another opinion.

Kelvin
Old 16-12-2011
Mad Member

Default Go CAT

I was years ago(22) a shumy man, having had all the others i prefered the cat....
back now for 3 month, got a cougar and an SX3.

LOVE them. I was torn between the rest but went shumacher and never looked back, back up from them is awsome and the spares and help are easily got from everywhere.

Handles great, sits well and plenty of power with the right electrics.

Go for it!!!!
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 16-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
My 2p...

dex410 - utterly awesome piece of engineering, but in the brief time I borrowed one I found it needed an extremely aggressive style that didn't suit me.

sx3 - don't like it at all, but is smooth and suffers no major flaws anymore from what I can make out.

zx5 SP2 - plastic piece of expensive garbage, but an extremely easy car to drive fast with a very forgiving nature. Think twice before you rule this car out!

I ended up sticking with my 3 season old B44 - in my opinion a nice combination of all the cars above, but tbh there is no problem with any modern cars. Also don't rule out the Anssman 4WD - superb support and a seemingly good, cheap car.
Old 16-12-2011
Mad Member

Default very well put

I agree but without info on the zx.... I was very very tempted by the newer B44.1, but was swayed to the cat in the end.

I agree, most modern cars seem to be all good..............

"YOU PAY'S YA MONEY AND YOU MAKES YA CHOICE"...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
My 2p...

dex410 - utterly awesome piece of engineering, but in the brief time I borrowed one I found it needed an extremely aggressive style that didn't suit me.

sx3 - don't like it at all, but is smooth and suffers no major flaws anymore from what I can make out.

zx5 SP2 - plastic piece of expensive garbage, but an extremely easy car to drive fast with a very forgiving nature. Think twice before you rule this car out!

I ended up sticking with my 3 season old B44 - in my opinion a nice combination of all the cars above, but tbh there is no problem with any modern cars. Also don't rule out the Anssman 4WD - superb support and a seemingly good, cheap car.
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
My 2p...

agree with the dex410

have not had a sx3, but my sx2 is the best car I have.

zx5, piece of garbage? thats going over the top. Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

b44, which leads to this, yes its alot cheaper than the zx5, but you need to replace the gears alot sooner, and parts break alot easier on the Associated.