Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Aero Racing

Old 14-08-2008

Send a message via AIM to redscott
Default upgrading aero a1

what modification, adjustments or changes have u made to improve the a1's performance
Old 15-08-2008
oOple Advertiser

Hi Redscott,

Just some simple things that i've done..

Use a smaller spacer (types use in the front hub) and associated/losi seals in the shock seal housings

Cut down turnbuckle ball-ends on shocks to increase droop

Thin out the the diff gear (inside the diameter of the balls) to free up the diffs - Aero will be releasing this mod soon.

Takes some material of the steering arm to stop bump steer

I've also experimented with slipper pads and settled on the standard white to drive the front and a losi xx4 yellow to drive the rear (need to cut this to fit the hex in the gear). This gives slightly more drive to the rear than standard, this may be a personal preference thing...

How you getting on with yours over there?
Old 16-08-2008

I've made small changes. doubled the shock towers. after a short time of running the a1 I replaced the stock shocks with losi shocks (this gave me more options 2 work with. in my opinion made the a1 perform a lot better, other than that the car pretty much stock. im also so running a modified zx-5 front one-way (still waiting 4 my associated 1-way on back order)
after tonight I will try some of your recommendations and test them out on the track tomorrow . the rain has just sent us n 4 the night.
performance wise the a1 is very fast, stable and predictible. im still trying 2 work out a few problem areas but so far its more than up 2 par.
just to give u an idea on the tracks I run on. one is more geared towards 1/8 buggies the other is long island raceway. in recent weeks the out door track has built a large 4wd class diamonated by b44's. the only odd cars r my a1 and s4.
Old 16-08-2008
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscott View Post
I've made small changes. doubled the shock towers. after a short time of running the a1 I replaced the stock shocks with losi shocks (this gave me more options 2 work with. in my opinion made the a1 perform a lot better, other than that the car pretty much stock. im also so running a modified zx-5 front one-way (still waiting 4 my associated 1-way on back order)
after tonight I will try some of your recommendations and test them out on the track tomorrow . the rain has just sent us n 4 the night.
performance wise the a1 is very fast, stable and predictible. im still trying 2 work out a few problem areas but so far its more than up 2 par.
just to give u an idea on the tracks I run on. one is more geared towards 1/8 buggies the other is long island raceway. in recent weeks the out door track has built a large 4wd class diamonated by b44's. the only odd cars r my a1 and s4.
There really is nothing wrong with the Aero shocks all thats needed is as stated above with regard changing the spacers and seals. I can understand why you wanted to try something you were familiar with but give them another go.

Its good to see you are sticking with 2 very individual cars and not following the crowd, post some pics up of the Aero in action on the track if you can. Id be interested to see the type of track you race on.
Old 16-08-2008

I didn't go racing today but here's the site to the indoor track www.raceway.com wil post some pics as soon as I can. the track has changed sense the pics on the site but it gives u some idea.
Old 18-08-2008

Hi there,

Here are some modification I have made to avoid chassis breakage in the rear end.

http://www.mini-zone.com/forum/viewt...=asc&highlight=

In this post u also see the track :

http://www.dailymotion.com/kb1874/vi...lle-aero_sport

http://www.mini-zone.com/forum/viewt...=asc&highlight=
Old 18-08-2008

nice work.
what or where did u get that piece from, I would love 2 try that and c what difference it makes.
Old 19-08-2008

In the beginig it is wing mount !

To link the piece to the shock mount there are screws in addition to the trunbuckle ball.

I didn't felt any difference in the car behavour.
This seems normal hasthe flex of the chassis cannot be made buy this thicker part.