Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-04-2013

Default DEX210 Tresrey shock towers?

Anyone tried the DEX210 Tresrey shock towers? They lower the shock mounting positions by 2mm on the rear and 1mm on the front and this is supposed to prevent chassis roll - I have noticed the car rolls more than others. Only thing about this I don't like is that it limits the up travel of the shocks. As mentioned has anyone tried this and was it worth the money?
Thanks, Jon.
Old 12-04-2013

I ran the 2mm lower tower in the rear all winter on Ozite mid motor and liked it. I'm just starting to run on dirt now as it is spring in Canada, and I haven't tried the stock one back to back yet. I run the shorter rear shock shafts with the tower.
Old 07-08-2013

Just bought the front Tresrey shock tower with the red anodized camber links (type TY whatever that means), will be ordering the rear when I find one in stock. I didn't realise they lowered the shock mounting position, says nothing about that on the je spares description.. What does this do to the ride height? I would imagine if the shock is going lower on the tower it would increase the ride height but if it's supposed to reduce roll I'd expect a lower ride height... Am I looking at this wrong?

Also will I have to adjust anything as a result of the lower mounting? Sorry for another newb question!
Old 08-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The Tresrey front is a straight copy of the Cream tower, only not as strong. I got a Tresrey front (cos its red) but broke it. I then replaced the carbon part with a Cream one and it fits exactly the same. The Cream tower is thicker and stronger. I therefore just went for a Cream rear tower from the off.
Cream don't claim theirs changes the ride height

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-08-2013

Looks like I should be speaking to you guys before making any purchases... Thought this would be the last shock tower I'd have to buy!

But you are right it looks really cool with the red anodized bits against the carbon so I'll put it on and replace it with the cream if it breaks...

I'll get the cream rear and run that and the Tresrey up front for now then.