Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 27-08-2015

I was first attracted to rc cars at butlins in bognor regis on a family holiday in the mid 80's.
They had an indoor slotcar track there and a selection of rc cars where the papa johns now is. Anyone else remeber this?
I came away desperately wanting a grasshopper, i seemed to think as it was the cheapest one they had my mum and dad would be able to afford it.
They wouldnt budge so on the santa list it went. Christmas morning couldnt come soon enough. Oh the dissapointment when i unwrapped a remote control car, one of the dodgy ones where the wire from the remote was attached to the car and gave you a range of about 2 foot.
I didnt give in with wanting one but did have to wait till the following year when i got a monster beetle.
As my parents were not confident in me building it they purchased me one from harrods the guys there had alread built for a display model. I still have it in the loft now tucked away in a beatties bag..
My next car was a terra scorcher, which was the first i built myself (think i was about 11). Happy days!