Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > Wanted

Old 24-06-2012
Administrator

Exclamation ! SAFETY !

Please be wary of new users joining and contacting you via PM to offer goods they don't have. This guy has cracked on and might show you a photo that's not #1 on google image search - but don't be fooled.

He's always got what you want, he's always got a photo, he's friendly and candid and gives plausible reasons and answers. Whilst myself and the moderators will do our best - it's up to you to be aware of who you're dealing with.

This guy used to use bank transfer but I believe he's now using paypal exclusively.

Please report any suspicious stuff and I will look into it - here are a couple from the last hour from user Stiffmeister who started contacting people minutes after joining this afternoon.

#######################################

hey dude,

i have a near new hpi pro flux 6.5t, ive just upgraded so i dont need it anymore

if you are interested, make me an offer

thanks!

#####################################

hey dude!

are you still after a speed passion esc?

thanks
###############################

Anything suspicious - let me know. This is one guy trying to spoil it for the rest of us - don't let him.
Old 25-06-2012
Administrator

hey XXXX
let me know if you are still interested in a traxxas motor as i have one, brand new, the only downside is i only have one of them, not 2

however, i can do you a good deal on it

thanks

##############################

hey xxxx

i have a speed passion v3 for 13.5 motors, if you are interested make me an offer

cheers
Old 25-06-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Jimmy,

On another forum we have a setup where you can't pm people until you have posted 5 times, or 10 times.

Might stop this?
Old 25-06-2012
Administrator

I will look into this - I think it might have to be done with usergroup promotions which is a bit of a pain to make sure everything works / permissions are all correct. But it might be an idea. It might not stop this idiot totally but it'll be even more obvious if he has to post something he knows nothing about just to get access.
Old 25-06-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I will look into this - I think it might have to be done with usergroup promotions which is a bit of a pain to make sure everything works / permissions are all correct. But it might be an idea. It might not stop this idiot totally but it'll be even more obvious if he has to post something he knows nothing about just to get access.
People will also be able to view his 5 or 10 posts so can also make their mind up. I can put you in touch with the person who see it up on this other forum if you want.
Old 25-06-2012

On another forum i use you have to have 50 posts minimum then you have access to the classified threads ( For sale, Wanted, Off Topic For sale ). I think this would be a good idea as it would people from joining the forum and scamming people. Having the 50 post minimum would allow you to get to know if this person is real or not. 50 posts may be to much but i thought it was a good idea.

Jamil
Old 25-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Most scammers dont really know much about what they are claiming to sell. A simple or hard technical question to them may help you decide if they are for real.