Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 12-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

whether 1 day for both classes or running 2 classes over the 2 days, the people i have talked to at the weekend about morpeth regional said it was to far away, but i can see where your coming from craig to try n get numbers up and im all for that like but year in year out we have always been to far north, unfortunately
Old 12-05-2010
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Do the NW run 2wd and 4wd at the same time? Or do they run the 2wd in the morning and 4wd in the afternoon with a track change inbetween?

When I started doing regionals, they were pretty much all Sundays, then one full weekend crept in and suddenly the majority of the regionals seemed to be full weekends which caused a lot of problems for me. I do remember a lot of people WANTING the full weekends though... possibly the people who now do NW (don't shoot me if I'm wrong on that).

The only downside I can see is late finishes... I was talking to someone about the NW and they said that one of the regionals didn't finish until 8pm or something? Is that true?
Old 12-05-2010
Grammarator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbaz2 View Post
whether 1 day for both classes or running 2 classes over the 2 days, the people i have talked to at the weekend about morpeth regional said it was to far away, but i can see where your coming from craig to try n get numbers up and im all for that like but year in year out we have always been to far north, unfortunately
I really wish that wasn't the case... I've spent 10 years travelling down to Teesside, York, Batley, Harrogate and even Bury Metro for regionals (and now Worksop too) and yet a lot of people aren't willing to come north to race on quality tracks. If you look at the Batley regional entries, out of the 43 people racing, at least 19 are from Teesside-area or north of there. Yet we still go to Worksop etc...

I really do find it frustrating...
Old 12-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I really wish that wasn't the case... I've spent 10 years travelling down to Teesside, York, Batley, Harrogate and even Bury Metro for regionals (and now Worksop too) and yet a lot of people aren't willing to come north to race on quality tracks. If you look at the Batley regional entries, out of the 43 people racing, at least 19 are from Teesside-area or north of there. Yet we still go to Worksop etc...

I really do find it frustrating...
yeah me too em
Old 12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Do the NW run 2wd and 4wd at the same time? Or do they run the 2wd in the morning and 4wd in the afternoon with a track change inbetween?

When I started doing regionals, they were pretty much all Sundays, then one full weekend crept in and suddenly the majority of the regionals seemed to be full weekends which caused a lot of problems for me. I do remember a lot of people WANTING the full weekends though... possibly the people who now do NW (don't shoot me if I'm wrong on that).

The only downside I can see is late finishes... I was talking to someone about the NW and they said that one of the regionals didn't finish until 8pm or something? Is that true?
They run both classes on the same track with 2wd first then 4wd. For example if there are 12 heats then heats 1-6 would be 2wd and heats 7-12 4wd.

In regards to late finishes there was a problem with the first regional at Southport but this was down to booking in issues and the meeting not starting until around 12:30.

The second regional at Bury started on time and was finished for around 6 which i dont think is too bad. If we did our regionals in the same way we would prob finish earlier given the numbers at Batley. North West had 12 heats and a guest heat and still managed to finish by 6. We only had 5 heats for our regional at batley so if not everyone does both classes then we would only have around 9 or 10 heats in total meaning if things run the way they should then we should be finished for around 5:30.
Old 12-05-2010

This is my personal view not as a representative of the BRCA,

There's a large amount of positives and negatives regarding running both classes on a Sunday,

For me the positives would be less time off work, not having to take the caravan to do an event and hopefully an increase in numbers,

Negatives some people myself included only have 1 charger/pack of lipos, this would then mean going out and buying more gear or only doing one class, my son would be unable to race as it's hard enough doing 2 cars in a day let alone 4,

I'm not entirely sure if you could change it for this year, I would tend to side with the idea that we probably couldn't but it is certainly something to look at for next year.

Peter
Old 12-05-2010

Ill lend you some lipo's Peter! lol.

Suppose with the money thats saved from Travel costs, accommodation if your not camping and food costs for been there the entire weekend it wouldnt take long before youve saved that money to put towards an extra lipo.

I only ever take one charger and one lipo per car to all meetings and as long as you put them on charge straight after your race you should have no problems
Old 12-05-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbaz2 View Post
I think what we need to do, is get David Cameron to investigate the problem and to highlight the fact that anything north of Northallerton should be considered to be the slums of Britain and to build a big wall and not let anyone out or to enter it. Then you guys could have your own series and leave the upper class to have our own.

Runs and hides
Old 12-05-2010
Grammarator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz View Post
I think what we need to do, is get David Cameron to investigate the problem and to highlight the fact that anything north of Northallerton should be considered to be the slums of Britain and to build a big wall and not let anyone out or to enter it. Then you guys could have your own series and leave the upper class to have our own.
At least that way we could keep that tw**t out!!
Old 12-05-2010
Mad Member

I wish we could have the Regionals all on one day and have a full compliment rather than have 2 days of half full heats.
I used to really look forward to Regional weekends but they arent busy enough anymore for the need to be run on seperate days.
We need to do something positive to get the numbers and racers back again, they are deffo still there and racing but have went to another region.

We will always struggle in the N East for Regional numbers until we get a national track apart from RHR to run on.

I can understand why some people have went MW as there are 2 tracks on the National calender to practice on and we only have 1 but its after the National there so really we dont have any.

Im hoping to go this weekend at Stannington which is an awesome venue so hope a few turn up and give it a try.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 12-05-2010
Mad Member

Cant we run both classes this Saturday/Sunday for more race fees anyway? Is there a written rule to say we cant?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 14-05-2010
Mad Member

Can't run 4WD non regional this Saturday, if you're doing 4WD the day after, that is the rule as far as I know.
Old 16-05-2010

From a Club organisation viewpoint I think that 2 classes on 1 day would definitely benefit clubs as it would leave more dates free on the calendar for running club meetings, which are essential to the survival of any club.

When we first started racing a number of years ago this was always the format for the meetings - 2WD run first and then 4WD in each round and we even had 3-leg finals for the A finals which were staggered into the other finals and this was with 100+ drivers but the heats/finals were only 4 minutes long then and 3-leg finals were stopped when race time became longer as the meetings were too long.

I would agree with reverting back to this format of 2WD and 4WD at the same meetings and maybe alternate which class starts first at each of the meetings so that it is not the 2WD finishing early each time. It would also give sufficient time for a flowing meeting as we woud not have to keep giving a break between each round.

I do think that number of entries could also increase as drivers would appreciate the amount of racing they could have in one day. I understand that it could mean additional equipment for some but as Craig has pointed out the money saved on weekend events should soon amount to the cost of another lipo.

Definitely something to think about from a Club perspective.
Old 16-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Whilst I agree with DH's post above, from the Club perspective, I feel there is one strong negative point.
The age old issue of mileage, the time to travel to the far north and far south of our regions, would raise its ugly face once again as some/many of the travellers have already said that travelling that far for just one days racing is probably not on. They currently make a weekend of it and take the tents/caravans for a family weekend away.

So the outcome may not be all positive re numbers. I think we need to bare this in mind when considering the future.

ba
Old 16-05-2010
Mad Member

Surely one day with twice the ammount of racing would suit the majority.

Put it to a poll to see what people think.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 16-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baD View Post
Whilst I agree with DH's post above, from the Club perspective, I feel there is one strong negative point.
The age old issue of mileage, the time to travel to the far north and far south of our regions, would raise its ugly face once again as some/many of the travellers have already said that travelling that far for just one days racing is probably not on. They currently make a weekend of it and take the tents/caravans for a family weekend away.

So the outcome may not be all positive re numbers. I think we need to bare this in mind when considering the future.

ba
You could still have camping on though. If the regional was on a Saturday then you can travel down Friday as normal, sleep overnight and race all day. Then either go home Sat night or camp over again and drive home in the morning.

If the regional was on a Sunday you could travel down Saturday, camp over and go home Sunday night. Problem solved.

I personally prefer sat and sunday racing but Im coming under more and more pressure from the wife and a 1 day even would suit me better.

Old 18-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kash

A couple of thoughts

How Many Clubs are there in the NE that could run just 1 day meetings?
What happens to the clubs that possibly can't? There would then be less rounds?
What happens when numbers start to increase? ie do we change back to 2 days etc mid way through the year?
Would numbers actually increase or is it a case of the same drivers turning up but running both classes?

It's definatly something that should be considered at the next consortium meeting as there are pro's and cons to making the change
Old 21-05-2010

Not sure what you mean Kash when you say that some clubs would not be able to run a 1-day meeting - what would be the reasons for not being able to?
Old 24-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kash

What i mean is places like Teesside, Jarrow would they be able to hire/have use of the grounds for a day meeting? Would club members be willing to help out for a days racing?
Old 25-05-2010

Clubs without own venues it costs them usually to put these events on by the time you pay for van hire, trophies, toilets and other facilities. Being a weekend we have to hire them for the full weekend regardless of how long they are used for, so one day or 2 day it will cost the clubs the same who don't have their own venue.

Jarrow doesn't run a club day when regionals are on to encourage members to attend regionals, unsure if anywhere else does the same

If less people want to attend regionals, like this weekends entry are booked in at 32/34 and 5-10 people usually don't turn up.....I do wonder if clubs will want to continue doing them at all if it's going to cost them every time they put one on. It's a shame but if the interest isn't there, is it worth people grafting their backsides off? Maybe some don't realise the amount of work that goes into putting these events on but I see it, help out with it and it takes a lot of work.

As a parent of a child just starting I would prefer one days for several reasons but he would not be able to do 2 classes. I'm also aware as a parent some could not do Sundays all the time, would it need to be alternated? Kids after all are needed to ensure RC continues
M