Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 25-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Just thinking out loud......... ok .... maybe some might accurately call it 'stirring it' ...........

If those that failed to cancel or turn up for Stanninton, do the same again at South Shields, do they get to Qualify with me in heat 1 at both Teesside & York?
- I'm looking to see if I can break my record of the number of times I can be lapped in 5 mins!
Old 25-05-2010

I think that is what it says in the rules....you'd have to have a look through

M
Old 26-05-2010
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baD View Post
Just thinking out loud......... ok .... maybe some might accurately call it 'stirring it' ...........

If those that failed to cancel or turn up for Stanninton, do the same again at South Shields, do they get to Qualify with me in heat 1 at both Teesside & York?
- I'm looking to see if I can break my record of the number of times I can be lapped in 5 mins!
Wouldn't that just encourage people not to bother booking in at all, and not turn up either? Why bother racing if you have to spend the day dodging and struggling to overtake and lap people... it gets pretty frustrating... (not that I would know these days - lol!)
Old 26-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Wouldn't that just encourage people not to bother booking in at all, and not turn up either? Why bother racing if you have to spend the day dodging and struggling to overtake and lap people... it gets pretty frustrating... (not that I would know these days - lol!)
em, you know how much I love to agree with you, but...........
what you have said is the whole point of it - to encourage those who book in and decide later not to bother their ar$e about letting the race organisers know. Advising non attendance is not hard, helps get racing started on time in a big way, and is just plane common decency and consideration for other
( all said with a happy demenour, not a scowl in sight )
Old 26-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
this is in the NE rules on o0ple

Quote:
If you book in online and fail to make the event, at the next event you will be unseeded for the heats
glad I never booked in although I did turn up but not to race
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 26-05-2010
Grammarator

Quote:
em, you know how much I love to agree with you, but...........
what you have said is the whole point of it - to encourage those who book in and decide later not to bother their ar$e about letting the race organisers know. Advising non attendance is not hard, helps get racing started on time in a big way, and is just plane common decency and consideration for other
( all said with a happy demenour, not a scowl in sight )
No, I know the principle behind it, and I know what you were saying. BUT I think with the low numbers we already have, it'll just be yet another reason for people not to bother.

And lol, you love to agree with me? Can you teach my Dad to do that too...??
Old 26-05-2010

Quote:
And lol, you love to agree with me? Can you teach my Dad to do that too...??
old dog ? new tricks?
naaaaaaaaaa
Old 26-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Maybe its something which can be mentioned in the AGM for next year, obviously things carnt be changed now, as people have made there arrangements already for this year, and dont think we are in a position to start changing that!

However I do think its a good idea to address this, and something for the North East commitee to discuss.

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 26-05-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

IMO the problem isn't the 2 day thing, it's the distance. From York and Leeds it's noticably closer to do the NW regionals than it is to do the NE (it's closer and quicker to get to Southport than it is to Stanningly). 1 day events is just a bonus for some.
Not that I care either way as I haven't done regionals for 3 years now, but maybe after several years of some saying the NE needed to be split they've finally done it on their own.

And in previous years it was much easier to get a higher F grade in the NW than NE... (wasn't there 1 year with only 10 entered in 4WD? Does everyone then get an F2??)
Old 26-05-2010
Grammarator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
And in previous years it was much easier to get a higher F grade in the NW than NE... (wasn't there 1 year with only 10 entered in 4WD? Does everyone then get an F2??)
I don't think so - as far as I've always understood it, Fs are done on percentages. Something like 20% F2, 30% F3, 30% F4 and 20% F5. Or maybe slightly differently distributed...!
Old 26-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
No thats not the case its to do with Percentages

If only it was that easy

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 27-05-2010

Col while I see where you are coming from, that point I thought (about distance) had been put to bed a long time ago acknowledging that people from further north than Stannington make the effort to travel to all other regionals and have done so for years so it was down to people not places.

M
Old 27-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
Col while I see where you are coming from, that point I thought (about distance) had been put to bed a long time ago acknowledging that people from further north than Stannington make the effort to travel to all other regionals and have done so for years so it was down to people not places.

M
Agreed people travel all over for Nats
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Please dont start about people travelling and not travelling etc. Col is a wind up, he should just keep out of this thread, hes just asking for bother.

These are hard times ahead for the North East.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 27-05-2010

Default .

as long as the clubs in the north north east also known as the north east make enough money to host these events and those who are willing to attend, attend i think this is all that matters. its others tough luck if they dont want to travel to the two day events. It cost me a fortune to travel to other events that aren't so close by and iv done this for a number of years but you dont here me complaining about the price i just pay for it and enjoy the racing. looking foward to another great weekend at south shields
Old 27-05-2010

Aye it's a shame as the NE was a strong region with a really good turnout at each regional when I raced back in the 80's & 90's, and the numbers in my opinion are still there now, and there are a lot of talented guys in the NE these days too, whether they decide to race in neighbouring regions ultimately it's their choice....

Now I've always raced in the NE back in the day, and I will continue to do so now, I've travelled up to Stannington, quite a journey yes but it was well worth it and vice versa a lot of you guys travel down from the NE and during the course of a year I imagine you clock up a lot of mileage to get to the events.

Hopefully there won't be any tough times or dark days for the NE as a region, it would be a shame.

Mike P.
Old 27-05-2010
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post

M
Put to bed in this thread maybe, but I notice that none of the people that are doing NW have replied here, so I spoke to a few (as some attend York club). Distance was the general response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Agreed people travel all over for Nats
Nats don't come into this. By definition they are supposed to be all over the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Please dont start about people travelling and not travelling etc. Col is a wind up, he should just keep out of this thread, hes just asking for bother.

These are hard times ahead for the North East.
Chris, as you don't know me I find this comment offensive. As a fully paid up member of the BRCA and full time member of a "N/E" club I have as much right to post in this thread as you.
There are indeed hard times ahead for this region. With clubs like TRCCC losing superb facilities such as the warehouse, Bury (not really N/E I agree) not racing N/E anymore the clubs willing to put in the hard work to run a regional seem to be getting further North every year, so the members from the south of the region have voted with their feet. Simple as that.
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

I dont think Col is winding you up, you have to weigh up the facts for the guys who have to travel 100 miles (ish) to go up north to race on horse poo or travel the same distance to race at more glamorous tracks like southport, bury, rhr etc.
And dont shout at me i dont do regionals anymore, just stating the obvious.
Old 27-05-2010
Awesome Admin

Cheers Daz
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Col, you are right, i dont know you personally. I have read many of your posts and some of them are really offensive to me and my fellow NE racers so thats why i posted that you are a wind up. Nothing for you to get upset about. Were you serious about building a wall to keep us out? or was that a joke? Of course it was a joke, hence me calling you a wind up.
I know for a fact why people have decided to do the NW regionals instead of the NE, and thats totally up to them!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback