Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 31-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 502 Proline bulldog shell ?

Calling all 502 owners,

I have purchased a Proline Bulldog shell for my 502 BUT !!! I have hit problems fitting it to the 502.

If i fit the shell so the servo horn doesnt hit the side of the body its aprrox 20mm to short at the back and the back of the lipos are showing.

If i move the shell back so it fits as should at the back then the servo horn pushes the body out at the side.

I have tried 3 different servo horns Tamiya,losi and Kyosho all hit the body.

Has any of you found this or is it just me, I know the 501 and 511 servos are nearer centre of chassis but this is the 502 bulldog shell.

Thanks Guys/Girls............
Old 02-01-2013

Maybe you can just put your servo on its other side, with the servo horn near the dogbone....

That's what I've done... But that's all about millimeters, that's very tight... and you will have to change the turnbuckle...
Old 02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Maybe you can just put your servo on its other side, with the servo horn near the dogbone....

That's what I've done... But that's all about millimeters, that's very tight... and you will have to change the turnbuckle...
This solution unfortunately will not work with the angled steering system...
But other then the servo horn interference the body fits perfectly.
Old 02-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok after inpection i have measured the kit 511 shell and the bulldog shell for the 502.

The 502 bulldog shell will fit inside the 511 shell with approx 8mm gap,i did this by placing the 511 shell on its roof on the floor,then placing the bulldog shell as you would on the 502 and the bulldog shell fits insIde with a approx 4mm gap either side.

Shame really as these are nice shells and look great on a 511 or 501 but as its a 502 bulldog shell shame it doesnt fit the buggy it was made for.
Old 02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Ok after inpection i have measured the kit 511 shell and the bulldog shell for the 502.

The 502 bulldog shell will fit inside the 511 shell with approx 8mm gap,i did this by placing the 511 shell on its roof on the floor,then placing the bulldog shell as you would on the 502 and the bulldog shell fits insIde with a approx 4mm gap either side.

Shame really as these are nice shells and look great on a 511 or 501 but as its a 502 bulldog shell shame it doesnt fit the buggy it was made for.
??

It fits the TRF511 (with upgrade set) and the TRF502X. Make the TRF502X servo link a little shorter and it won't touch the body.
Old 02-01-2013

I've got 1 on my 502 and it fits brilliantly. No issues. If i get a chance i'll ut a pic of it on.
Scotty....
Old 03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This solution unfortunately will not work with the angled steering system...
But other then the servo horn interference the body fits perfectly.
Yes it will... it could at least...

This a Tamiya servo-saver with a 3Racing alu horn... I just had to countersink the hole and it's ok! But I think I also have 3Racing servo supports, so the servo could left more space in the front, I don't know...