Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 25-01-2010

I can only apologise for not turning up on the Day, Car was packed, batteries charged... alarm didn’t go off. Doh.

Seriously though was gutted I missed it, just hope someone was able to take my place, sounds like I missed a great day.

Sorry once again.

Tim
Old 25-01-2010

Default 1/8th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
what a good do. sorry i couldnt stay to pack up, but defo be there for setup next time. 4wd is ace. power power power
(even got a soft spot for 8th scale today to ) fierce
like johnny says am really lovin the leccy 1/8th just think in my hands, one ov them would be deadly!!!!!!
Might in the furture invest in one just waiting for the price to go down alot,thought the racing was so close that due the the three lads stevo,ewan and the dude with the losi made it look easy...good quick aggressive driving and best of all they just dont break ike 1/10th do.....
Dont get me wrong am not going over to the darkside yet, just looks top fun..ewan was buzzing with that car
Old 25-01-2010

Default Appology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW View Post
I can only apologise for not turning up on the Day, Car was packed, batteries charged... alarm didn’t go off. Doh.

Seriously though was gutted I missed it, just hope someone was able to take my place, sounds like I missed a great day.

Sorry once again.

Tim
Cheers Tim, You got me out of a jam, I had sent e-mails out saying reserves had places but cocked up by not booking them into the race computer. Result. And places for reserves.
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

I had a good day and I think that was the best Bury track I've raced at so far. It really suited my driving style and was very rewarding when done neatly.

Dyson 1 - 0 Wilkinson.............

Clown
Old 25-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Loved the track, though the fact the people had accused us on Saturday of making a touring car track was rather embarrassingly proved true on Sunday. I didn't mind the Subaru shelled TC going round before racing, but the guy running the 18th scale TC between the heats and the finals showed just how un-extreme the track was!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 25-01-2010
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Loved the track, though the fact the people had accused us on Saturday of making a touring car track was rather embarrassingly proved true on Sunday. I didn't mind the Subaru shelled TC going round before racing, but the guy running the 18th scale TC between the heats and the finals showed just how un-extreme the track was!
lol the fact that the track was doable(is that a real word lol) with a tc might have suggested it was a little tame, i have to say it was very enjoyable and flowed well though, matty enjoyed racing on it,well done to all involved
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Default sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
lol the fact that the track was doable(is that a real word lol) with a tc might have suggested it was a little tame, i have to say it was very enjoyable and flowed well though, matty enjoyed racing on it,well done to all involved
yeh and thanks for your help with my lazer mate it did make it better
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Default Bury this weekend

One thing that is evident, is that Bury is a great track and ok there might be a couple of improvements or issues but one thing is that the top 10 were the same top 10 as previous tracks so completely worthy.

Welldone all involved and thought the track was quick and rewarding.

Think Bury should be considered to host some big events in coming years

Cheers
Old 25-01-2010
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
yeh and thanks for your help with my lazer mate it did make it better
Thanks matt I'm glad i could help,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
One thing that is evident, is that Bury is a great track and ok there might be a couple of improvements or issues but one thing is that the top 10 were the same top 10 as previous tracks so completely worthy.

Welldone all involved and thought the track was quick and rewarding.

Think Bury should be considered to host some big events in coming years

Cheers
agreed i think its well up to a big event IE indoor finals,winter champs, defo a indoor GP,or a big reedy styleee something or other
Old 25-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The problem, as I'm sure Roger would happily say, is one of time. The school charges the club rather a lot per hour for the sports hall, and the security staff are very keen for us to leave at the end of the day. Over-runs like the first meeting are a big problem.
I doubt the school would be that keen on a more major event. And since that amazing surface is part of the appeal using a different location would rather defeat the purpose.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
The problem, as I'm sure Roger would happily say, is one of time. The school charges the club rather a lot per hour for the sports hall, and the security staff are very keen for us to leave at the end of the day. Over-runs like the first meeting are a big problem.
I doubt the school would be that keen on a more major event. And since that amazing surface is part of the appeal using a different location would rather defeat the purpose.

But again saying that Si, a big BRCA event which comes hand in hand with the BRCAs help and good funding may help in discussions with the school

Saying that, it is up to the club to apply for such events and I'm sure if there is something available and all parties are happy then discussions may take place. Until then lets enjoy the Winter Series we have because it's awesome!!
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

I can assure all, that the people i deal with regards to this venue are extremely accommodating

If we were to host a big event I cannot see it being an issue! If we are prepared as a club to pay for the venue for the length of time required.. it wont be a probs guys and i would say if it was for a 2 day event then im sure a deal could be struck.. on a 2 day event we would be allowed in after the schol has finished on the friday i guess which would give us plenty of time to get set up

The only people who have the hall on a regular basis is the gymnastics club who are in every saturday till 2/2.30pm..

As Andy has said though if its a BRCA sanctioned meet it is run by them using all there equipment..

Old 28-01-2010

Default top day

definatly the best layout very flowing & very rewarding
finished 7th so i seem to be getting my 10th thumbs back aswell
almost shame ill be going back to rallycross when the sun comes out