Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 15-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Dirt track tyres

Right, with the dirt track returning soon after some thought I have changed the dirt track tyre rule, so please take a look at original rules post.

I have done this as the dirt can be very low grip and I'm aware that altho some people love it others do not and as always I want everyone to have a good day, now I originally chose the bowtie then due to it being discontinued went to the caliber to try and keep costs down but I am 100% sure they are far from best tyre for our track but my pockets just are not deep enough to buy and test every tyre we could use, so by opening the rule up people can spend as much as they like to find the right tyre if they wish, if someone stumbles across one type for dry and another for wet etc then mybe we will bring the tyre rule back using those tyres.

But don't rush out and buy anything yet until we have had a go on the new track as I am going to have a play to see if a slightly less compacted surface that offers more grip as the tyres will have a little more to bite into.....but thats just a plan at the minute, and as with all plans it could turn to poo

Your thoughts on this are welcome.........

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117