Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 10-10-2007

Default FTX vs RC18

I noticed that you guys in UK drives alot of FTX. Is that because it is the best or just easy to buy in the UK.. Personally i have a couple of RC18 and i looove them. But is the FTX better or just in hands of better drivers? Please list a few +/- things. And try to be objective

In Denmark we are 8-10 guys driving a championship and both the FTX and Associated is represented. But it is hard to say here which one is better.
Old 10-10-2007

I have both, RC18 is lighter and more nimble, Blaze is safer and very easy to drive.

In the right hands I think an RC18 would be slightly faster but the Blaze is more consistent.

I don't think any of the top drivers are running RC18's in the nationals and most cars are Blazes so doesn't give a very fair comparison.

An RC18 did win the UKMC3 brushless class and Chris Doughty came 3rd I think in Brushed with a bog standard RC18.
Old 10-10-2007
Mad Member

I agree with the above. It would be good to see more top drivers driving different cars which will give a better idea about how they differ.

I can imagine the 2 cars being very different and one car suiting someone's driving style better than another car. I know of a few who has bought RC18's with Exotek conversions but still run Blaze's. It would be intersting to get a balanced view as to why?