Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 16-06-2013

Default New Race Class for Rcracecontrol

Hi all, I have now created a new Race Class on http://www.rcracecontrol.com/ for the 1/10th Tourers - Maximum of 10 entries
Old 23-06-2013

I know this is late but could someone explain how we have managed to navigate the lack of time and managed to create a new heat as I was under the impression that we didn't have a lot of it as we cants split 2s and4s
Old 23-06-2013

I think it's because during the summer the numbers are down.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 23-06-2013

Hi Callum, yes like Matt has said in the summer we always have lower numbers, so on a FUN NIGHT ONLY we can fit an extra heat in. Last Friday only 2 tourers turned up so we didn't run a heat as we need at least 5 to make it viable.

We had 35 racers last Friday running 5 mins heats and a few said it was a lot better than when we have 65-70 cars.

Splitting 2 and 4WD was never a question of time but more of having too much of a range of abilities in each heat.

Peter
Old 24-06-2013

I think it's a cunning ploy by Eric to rid the club of buggies on a serious note Pete I don't believe that there's an exceptional gulf in class which wouldn't permit the segregation of 2wd and 4wd maybe 2 -3 laps and any chance of making the tabletop higher?
Old 24-06-2013

On friday 2wd mixed abilities would not have worked as there was a mixture of 2wd and 4wd in heat 1 and they would have been in all sorts of trouble in a higher heat/with faster drivers. I agree with the 2wd there is becoming more and more and 2wd only class would be benificial to some (me mainly ), but its tuff to get the balance.
So in short I agree with everyone and hope that nobody dislikes me.
I must say I have missed racing yourself and callum as its always good fun with you guys although I end up racing you as I am not as quick as callum.

2nd the question on the table top, if it is made so the up ramp starts on the corner it would stop anyone monstering it as you are going up in the accelertion zone. may need a small barrier up the side against the main straight to prevent cars dropping onto that side of the track.
Happy to see the barrier to stop people cutting the kick ramp
I still love the new track.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 24-06-2013

No cunning ploy just trying to keep numbers up for the summer, there seems to be a lack of buggies during the summer as a lot go out doors.