Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 26-02-2012

I don't think that the manual gives tolerances or clearances though mate, but will have a look.
Old 26-02-2012

No, but I was thinking of the order of the parts installed etc. just check
I really have no issue and I have 2 RTR cars both fine
Good luck
Old 01-03-2012

Mika, do you have an unfilled hole on the bottom of your chassis? It's directly beneath the rear left corner of the fuel tank when viewed from the front. There is a hollow tube which runs to the chassis floor, but the chassis itself is not countersunk at this point on mine, albeit it appears that this plastic shaft is hollow and should have some form of screw/bolt inserted into it.

If yours is filled would you mind letting me know what type of screw etc is in there so i can get one.

I also have the most annoying buzzing sound from my steering servo which disappears if I disconnect the linkage at the point where it joins the steering assembly - i've tried every adjustment I can think of but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can try mate - it's a brand new servo in there. I don't know if it's to do with the height of the servo arm relative to the steering assembly or what it is. The thing I have noticed is that my steering rubs on the front right of the body when it's on with the clips as there's barely any clearance that side of the bodyshell although the other side is fine with plenty of clearance - I'm wondering if something is bent/distorted that side which may be causing me these servo problems. The bodyshell itself is looking a bit of a sorry state as it has rubbed most of the paint off in the front corners. I've emailed RB but haven't had any response from them at all. Hope you can help.

Cheers
Rick

Last edited by Rick1486; 01-03-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Additional text
Old 01-03-2012

Hi Rick, that hole is to get excess fuel out. Keep it open all the way to the top as it easily gets clogged from dirt.

I suggest just cutting off some plastic from the body where there is not enough clearance.

The stock servos aren't the greatest, try to see if some lubrication like WD-40 in the steering components helps.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2012

Hello mate and thanks again. I've replaced the steering servo with a Savox 1256tg servo but am still getting the noise - it only happens when the linkage is attached between the servo and the servo saver, not when the linkage is just placed on the servo itself.
It's like the linkage is putting a strain on the servo causing it to make this constant noise.
I don't really want to cut the body if there's an underlying problem - I've emailed RB several times but they haven't bothered to reply. I even attached pics of the problem.

Cheers Rick
Old 01-03-2012

May I ask one more favour - I've replaced the stock steering servo (burnt out - long story) with a brand new Savox 1256TG, but am getting a terrible buzzing noise as though it's under strain/load when I connect the steering linkage to it - this disappears as soon as I disconnect it, so I''m wondering if I've buggered something up along the way. Would you mind measuring your length on the steering linkage and also how tight/loose is your servo saver spring (e.g. what gap between top of screw collar at base of spring to bottom of plastic housing). I'm finding this so frustrating as there's obviously a problem somewhere between my servo and the steering assembly but I just can't work out where that problem lies. I know it can't be the servo itself as the throttle servo is absolutely quiet so there's no reason for this one not to be as well.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Rick
Old 02-05-2012

Hi, was running this last weekend, very nice. Much balanced than I remembered, easy to drive. AKA tires.