Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
AGM in the morning with racing in the afternoon!
Been there, done that..... waste of time!!!

You might get some extra attendance because of the racing..... but it is the racing that always take precedence and the meeting will be over in an hour with eff all of any use decided for anyone.

If that is the planned format... I shall go fishing. The WRCA regularly falls foul of poorly considered decisions hustled through voting by very interested minorities.... it will be even worse when everyone's eyes are on racing.

Everyone reading this will have been to the 'work party then racing' event... what happens????

One to two hours of half-hearted or half an hour of frantic poorly performed work followed by a nearly full day of racing.... is this true or is this true!!!

So where is the sense in trying to hold a Region AGM in the same format.
Old 11-09-2010
Mad Member

Andy (Dorris) is 100% right, the WRCA has seen many issues this season with a lot of arguments as a consequence. The agm should NOT be on the morning of a race meeting as decisions will be quickly passes to continue with the days racing.

Please can the WRCA re-consider this decision and possibly move the agm to an outside venue one evening, otherwise we may as well do what Andy's doing, and go fishing.
Old 11-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I shall post details of the AGM and how to make proposals later today, on behalf of the Chairman.
Old 11-09-2010

The reason, the WRCA AGM is on a race day. Is because when they hold it on a week night, they have a very small turn out, as x ammount can't make it that night, some work, some are not alloud out after dark etc.
so the thought was to hold it in the middle of the m4 corridor on a sunday where the majority of the WRCA members can make it.

The WRCA have the day at Swansea. Its up to them if they want to run racing, they can play badmington if they want. the WRCA can hold the meeting untill 5pm if they want. Basically the hall is there's for the day.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
when they hold it on a week night, they have a very small turn out
....and if they hold it on a race day with no racing.... they will have a very small turnout as well!!! ....because everyone will be racing elsewhere.

If there is racing then all eyes will be on that and not on an important meeting.

The issue is that for every 10 racers only one or two are actually bothered with anything other than racing their car..... anything pertaining to organisational work passes over most racers heads at 40,000 feet.

Perhaps affiliation to the WRCA be conditional on the executive committee of every member club (ie chairman, secretary and treasurer) attending the AGM. There are many various federations and associations who hold this as fundamental to affiliation.

Those who come out of the woodwork to start moaning and complaining about something or other usually couldn't be bothered when the issues were originally being discussed but as soon as they realise that the decision directly impacts on their racing then they want something done!!!

It seems to me that the whole structure and organisation of the WRCA needs updating as does the way the affiliation structure works... but I doubt whether that will happen because one 'respected long time member' will object and the whole idea will get dumped and the bad old ways will continue.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorris View Post
It seems to me that the whole structure and organisation of the WRCA needs updating as does the way the affiliation structure works... but I doubt whether that will happen because one 'respected long time member' will object and the whole idea will get dumped and the bad old ways will continue.
Thats a very bold and sweeping statement to be made!

The WRCA can't please everyone can we, if we hold it on a week night, people moan, we hold it on a race day, people complain, tell you what, we run it as a dictatorship, then at least there will be a 100% solidarity, as EVERYONE will hate it then!
Old 11-09-2010

i might be missing something here. but if everyone turns up at 9am, they bring a chair into the hall they sit down, and for the following hour or so there is an AGM. An AGM will have an agender so it can only finish, when everything has been delt with. so how can the racing affect this. As the racing would be after the AGM is finished. If we start the meeting at 9.30am we would be booked in and ready for round 1 by 12.30pm so we have 3 and half hours of racing and we also get a good turn out to the AGM. even if there is a subject that takes longer to settle, then the times will change, I wouldn't expect it to be practice, 3 heats and 2 finals. more like 2 heats and a final. Surly it beats, turning up at 7pm in the evening after you have rushed from work, getting to a venue, hungry as you get no time for tea, start late as some are stuck in traffic etc, then less than 20 members from over 150 turn up, get the meeting done, get home by mid night. then read or hear moans and complaints over the next 12 months as some members couldn't make it, and they don't agree with changes etc.
Old 11-09-2010

Spot on Big Dave
Old 11-09-2010

Cool

well said Dave that was the idea behind it but it seems that some people have missed that perhaps we should all go fishing[lol]instead
Old 12-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What's your problem Dorris? surely it's the members fault if they choose not to get involved then they have to accept the decisions made in their absence. (and make sure they attend the next year!)

An interesting idea that every executive committee member should attend, now what are the chances of all 18+ people being able to make it on the same day, and are you saying that 'normal' members then shouldn't attend as they are represented by their club?

PS Sorry but we've all got lives and they don't all revolve around racing!

I also can't work out how 1 member can outvote all the others there. I thought all the decisions were made based on the majority vote system.

I thought that giving as much notice as possible would ensure that you got the best turnout, apologies if I was a little naive there.

And no I'm not on the WRCA committee in any official capacity.
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Come on everyone get your proposals in, or are you happy for everythign to continue as is?
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

is it still gay 3 qualifying 2 finals for indoors still in place.

if that rule is still there id like it dropped with the new winter indoor championship starting and the tcs not running I don’t see the point

a rostrum height rule put in place so you are stood more than 2ft off the floor

I cant remember if there is a rule in place for track width indoors, I know micros race but really it still needs to be wide enough for the 10ths to get around.. and this should also be infoced with the outdoors.

Round by round should be enforced, you will never get the young f3s and f2s ready for the big regional’s and nationals by having them race FTd .

i cant think off anything else not getting into Tyre war
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No idea about indoor rules - but I'd prefer 4 rounds and a final

With rostrum height I reckon you'd need to propose a minimum as a start point, it could then be debated at the AGM.

Again no idea of track width rules indoors, agree with it in principle, what do other regions do?

FTD v RBR - I can see your point, but I thought the reason for RBR was to make it fairer should track conditions detiorate/improve - in theory not so much of an issue indoors. I'm happy with either.

As was mentioned earlier in this topic, what are the committee positions and who's currently filling them?
Should there be Electric offroad rep, Nitro rep, TC rep, Micro, etc, etc?? And who'd be willing to fill those positions?

I may be wrong but think it's: Chairman (H), Secretary (Steve C-R), Treasurer (Paul Knight?) & Website/Results gatherer (Matt)
Old 15-09-2010

Got to remember that it isn't just indoors that you guys got to think about.

How much do you guys want to pay for your days racing for starter.

Club affiliation?

Sections within the WRCA

Multi class meetings?

Track condition/design/length/features etc.

Then when you thought about it, are these proposals then acheivable, there is no point proposing a rule that only one club can achieve etc.
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Steve

Fully with you on that the rules should consider the club

Personally I don’t care about price or tyre gate

I have a few things id like to amend or put forward, I have notice a slight clash on rules that I feel should be delt with before the indoor championship starts

Micro rule on track width and brca class for a start, personally I think an agreed track width between the two needs to be made around 2.2 min width
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
How much do you guys want to pay for your days racing for starter.
Club affiliation?
Sections within the WRCA
Multi class meetings?
Track condition/design/length/features etc.
I think people need to know for definite what the current situation is on these things before they should propose any changes. Can these sort of details be posted somewhere? (not on this topic)
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

wrca webstie with all the rules would be nice
Old 15-09-2010
Mad Member

2m min track width rule would be lovely...that's how wide carpet is isn't it? And how wide we lay ours at Caldicot...if it went any wider we'd struggle with layout and track building options in our small hall...then there would only be 2 indoor venues in wales!!!

And I agree...seeing the current rules would be handy to anyone proposing changes ;-)
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

2.4 the brca says it should be for anything but nationals

it dosnt have to be the carpet thats 2.4 remeber just the lane width, nothing wrong with putting down a 2mter line of carpet and have 0.4 meters of polished floor off line.
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
wrca webstie with all the rules would be nice
You propose it and I'll 2nd it!