Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 18-02-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Good work X-Factory on bringing out a full kit..

But im kinda disapointed it wasnt a 4wd
Old 18-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
£300 estimate without wheels and tyres? lol, that makes it nearer £330 then. Nearly £100 above the street price of the Cougar! And i haven't factored in the Losi shocks Alec!!

hope they haven't priced themselves out if it
I'm sure it's a way of getting rid of what they've got lying around before the Cougar arrives
.........and if they don't sell then they can always use a couple of chassis glued together to make a short course version. The way that they throw the Associated SC10's about at PDA over the jumps I sure hope that anyone buying the SC60 gets that 50/50 guarantee in writing Jimbo
Old 18-02-2010

Are there any differences between the ellis kit released not so long ago and this new car (apart from not needing the donor b4?)

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 18-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
Are there any differences between the ellis kit released not so long ago and this new car (apart from not needing the donor b4?)
It's got no Rudebits weight kit for one .............not sure about all the E speed bits though. Obviously not essentials but most of the team use them so i'd say they were useful ........... makes it quite pricey if none of that is included
Old 18-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

reading it, I would say, it is the basic X-Factory kit
Old 18-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

hmmmm, how much is the "basic" cougar?!? lol

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 18-02-2010

F you still need to get all those extra bits then that's one expensive car! All in it's more than any 4wd out there at the moment!

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 18-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
sounds good that the team will be running ae shocks, i kept mine on the car!

nice one xfactory
Nobody said the whole team Mark, dont get carried away, Ellis is planning on using them shortly to evaluate his setups etc using AE shocks
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 18-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
£300 estimate without wheels and tyres? lol, that makes it nearer £330 then. Nearly £100 above the street price of the Cougar! And i haven't factored in the Losi shocks Alec!!

hope they haven't priced themselves out if it
Who is selling Cougars at £230 then?? Most shops are £245/250

Oh the Losi shocks routine, that old chestnut....boring...yawn
Makes me chuckle how every time an X-Factory thread crops up the man running a £50 low quality car "for a giggle" pops up and tells all X6 owners they HAVE to use Losi shocks to even make it work!

As far as pricing themselves out of the market, thanks for the concern, but there is no need to worry, judging by the pre-orders in the last three/four hours since it went public, sales figures look to be doing VERY well at this early stage thanks.....

Now crawl back under your rock until the next X-factory thread opens up!!!!
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
sorry this minght be really dumb but here goes does it include all the diff gears i know not a lot has been said and theres still more to come im guessing that they are but thought id ask cheers
Hi Kevin, yes all the gears are supplied in the kit, an AE diff gear, two AE idler gears and the all new machined from solid hardened X-Factory layshaft. The only other gearbox internal change is the inclusion of the B-Fast carbide diff balls for a super smooth diff!!!
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
Why are you gutted? The new kit is what you already have apart from a few hardware bits like the colour coded spacers
There is the inclusion of the new developed and improved X-factory versions of the AE parts (slipper plates, C-CVDs, topshaft, front axles etc) but the basics of what you "end up" with are almost the same, so dont be gutted, what you have is just fine
Old 19-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Would X-Factory not be tempted to sell the basic kit and then an EU spec with all the bits to make it work, or most of them.
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Driffill View Post
Good work X-Factory on bringing out a full kit..

But im kinda disapointed it wasnt a 4wd
We are working on it, 2wd "kit" project had to be completed first, now this is ready, we can work on other things including our 4wd project
Old 19-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

wow finally got a change to looka t this thread ,,, weel done x factory chazz get some rest mate its looking good guys xfactory all the way for me

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Not really, the Ellis kit includes ALL of the fancy things and luxuries that ARE NOT essential, fancy blue bits, the expensive Rudebits brass weight kit, etc etc, the complete car does not have these
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
It's got no Rudebits weight kit for one .............not sure about all the E speed bits though. Obviously not essentials but most of the team use them so i'd say they were useful ........... makes it quite pricey if none of that is included
By "ALL" the E-Speed bits you actually just mean 1 part I assume - ES001. Which we have also announced today has just come down in price by over £5 to just £14.99. The ONLY other E-Speed part even made for an X6 is ES002 (motor T-piece) which has not been used to often recently in preferance to the more flexi kit supplied plastic one to complient the new plastic chassis......

I would of liked to see the ES001 in the UK kits but I was alone when asking for this in the spec since the Japanese, USA and other European markets and distributors all have no requirement for them since they dont use them, the ES001 is the only worthwhile optional part I would imagine many people will buy from us. Since EVERY other brand has optional parts for their cars too I dont what the problem with this is. Everyone knocked our brass kit from Rudebits when it came out, now they have similiar (and FAR more expensive) sets for cars like the B4 and CR2 too and even Schumacher already have a list of Speed Secret parts ready for the new Cougar (gears, idlers, front hubs, a range of top decks, rear straps) BEFORE the car even comes out!!
Old 19-02-2010
Mad Member

Go to bed, Darren, it's midnight, and you'll have orders to process in the AM.

For the guy who's upset about buying a Conversion Kit a few days ago, two things: First, that's always going to happen, like those who bought B3s the day before the B4 came out. But most important, your new X - 6 Squared Conversion Kit builds the same car, and if you already had a B4 you saved a lot of money. We continue to sell the K 019 conversion Kit -- D.M.S. just took anopther box of them -- and we expect to continue selling them for a long time. Your car is NOT obsolete. Unlike those B3 owners, there are lots of guys still winning with original X - 6s.

Foir those who think this is expensive, you are nuts, uninformed, can't read, or all three. (I can only talk U.S.D. here and we don't have the VAT and import duties)

The K 021 is priced about $50 less than a B4 FT+ Conversion Kit, and that's if you buy the B4 at one of the U.S. discount on-line stores. Buy the B4 anywhere else and the K 021 could save you as much as $100.

Yes, the Kit does not have wheels and tires. How many of you U.K. drivers use the yellow wheels in a Losi kit? And how many use the Holeshots that come with the B4? So you're going to buy wheels & tires anyway -- we saved the cost and didn't charge you for them.

Yes, the Kit comes with AE shocks -- the good FT threaded ones that come in the B4 FT kit. We can buy two part numbers for the AE shocks and have everything in two bags while we have to pay more in total for about 9 part numbers to do it in Losi. And no serious racer I know uses the shock oil that come in a kit -- who knows what type or weight it is?

We are not in the shock business, so Team drivers are free to use whatever shock they want. Some of them use AE already. And, please, you be the one who tells Brian Kinwald to stop using his Kyosho shocks. I don't want that job...

My personal X - 6 Squared, built a year ago, has been upgraded along the way with the 2601 front axles, 5210 top shaft, 5530 slipper plates, 5661 rear axles, then 5800 C-CVDs. I've got 30 degree caster blocks and B44 hubs & bearings. How much is all that worth? You get them all in the K 021 X - 6 Squared Kit. Plus all the Lunsford stuff including the hex-head ball studs. And the J concepts ball cups.

At $349 the K 021 saves you almost $150 over buying a new B4 + Conversion Kit + the various upgrades noted above. I won't listen for a moment to those saying it is expensive -- anyone who carefully considers what you get will immediately realize the X - 6 Squared Kit is one heck of a bargain!

Rant over.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
reading it, I would say, it is the basic X-Factory kit
We only have "one" spec, the main aims were simple, make everything in one box - no donor - that was essential. Improve on some of the (sorry to be frank here) "poor quality of recent times" AE parts that our car uses (top shaft, slipper plates, CVD bones, front axles etc) and include all of these revisions into a "Entire Car" (hence EC).

We have took this oppurtunity to add higher quality parts into the kit that you would not nomally see, the Lunsford titanium turnbuckles, the mass of Lunsford hex head titanium ballstuds (far superier to the cheap std AE ones), genuine MIP C-CVD's (not copies like some kits), J Concpets ballends (regarded as one lof the best out there), alloy precision suspension shims etc, the list goes on, but I think you get the idea.

One thing we were not fussed on was uneccassary bling, if a part was differnt purely due to fancy looks it was not aimed at this kit, improved quality (over AE parts), a "one box" purchase and refinement were the goals. We were asked to include "essentials" like the longer axles in kits, we listened, they are now there, coupled to the very latest C-CVD driveshafts. However for bling we have the "Ellis Spec" converision kit still available for "ultimate luxary"
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
hmmmm, how much is the "basic" cougar?!? lol
3 and half times the price of your Madrat, you could never afford one
Old 19-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
F you still need to get all those extra bits then that's one expensive car! All in it's more than any 4wd out there at the moment!
I think I addressed your concerns in one of my previous answers... its nowhere near that bad..only £14.99 for ES001