Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 05-03-2012

Default Well Done!!!

Only a few months back after MA closed (which we all knew would happen) Matty decided to run a club to give all the racers somewhere to go. I remember the first night entering a venue which obviously couldn't match the vast size of the MA track that the locals were used to and quiet frankly were spoilt with. However, The Telstar Team have done nothing but grow week in, week out and made a new home for most of the MA faithful and made a fantastic club to race at. Not all the tracks have been to my taste as I know all too well that you'll never please everyone, but every meeting I've been to has had a challenging, rewarding and well built track!!! I personally think that you chaps have done an amazing job and deserve a massive pat on the back for what you've all achieved in such a short time. The investment financially and time wise I've noticed as the months paced has made your meetings stronger and better. This sort of club is exactly what the 1/10th scene needs right now to support the growing popularity.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work for the 2012/13 season and I hope the fantastic plans you have come to fruition!!

Matt
Old 05-03-2012

I have only started up racing since January but thanks to the club I have found everyone very friendly and thoroughly enjoy myself every single week. I'm gutted there aren't anymore Sunday meetings for a while. Well done for the good work. Roll on Wednesday.

Tom
Old 05-03-2012
Mad Member

Firstly thank you for all you messages of support.

As Matt said we started holding events after the death of the Motor Arena, which was an amazing facility, and the Silverstone Crew did an amazing job of holding meetings week in week out.

In between the Motor Arena closing and our first meeting we would travel to Taplow, another great club run by Janos. The down side for me was the 130 mile round trip, and getting back at stupid o'clock in the morning. I wanted to race somewhere locally, and so did the Motor Arena regulars.

We rushed our first meeting, holding it for just a few racers. We used an old AMB system with handouts, we had three jumps, no down ramps and fire hose, which was mostly not filled. We were fortunate enough to be able to loan the Silverstone AMB decoder for our first proper meeting, and were able to fill the majority of the fire hose.

Since the we have continued to grow, and invest in new track features, a PA system, AMB decoder, and carpet. We run club nights at the School every Wednesday night, and get a good attendance week in week out. The emerging class on club nights Short Course, we get a regular 6-8 people with last weeks meeting having our first heat of 10, (i did offer to run two heats)!

Our next project will be an outdoor grass track. We have found a facility in Towcester to a track. For the first year we will have to pack to track away but the rostrum can stay on site. Our first big meeting with be the Armageddon weekender, which is just 2 weeks before the Oswestry national (also a grass track). We hope to attract 120 drivers for both days, with on-site camping available track side. Booking in will open in the next few days when we launch the event. Keep an eye on both oOple, Race Dates, and our facebook for details.

The last 6 months have been a steep learning curve not only for me but also the people who regulary sacrifice there own spare time to help with track build/designs, packing away, building ramps, running race control, website/banner design and maintance, picture trophies, taping down the track in between rounds, mashalling, the list could go on forever, all of you people deserve a big pat on the back, and I thank you for your support.

We would also like to thank everyone who has attended the Winter Series, we hope you have had a good time, and we hope to see you at future events, and lastly thank you to all the following companies who donated some great prizers to the raffle, and for sponsoring the Winter Series:

Akula Racing
Answer RC
Buds Balls
LMR
MrO's Inserts
RudeBits
Schumacher Racing
X Factory UK
Old 05-03-2012

Many thanks to Matty and the Telstar crew.
It was my first visit yesterday and I really enjoyed myself
Old 05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Many thanks to Matty and the Telstar crew.
It was my first visit yesterday and I really enjoyed myself
Was it that Centro was 1st and 2nd, Keith!?
Old 05-03-2012

Well, I didn't want to be the one to mention it, but seeing as you have - yes it was
Old 05-03-2012
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Well, I didn't want to be the one to mention it, but seeing as you have - yes it was
Vega rb5 = FTQ
Old 05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
Vega rb5 = FTQ
It's all about where you finish mate