Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 09-09-2012
Mad Member

Default Super Sunday 30 September 2012

We're going to run a full day meeting on Sunday the 30 September 2012 at our grass track in Towcester.

Date: 30 September 2012.
Time: 8-8.30 booking in. Practice 8.45-9.45 in heat order. Heat one on the line for 10.15, with each round being run on the hour.
Entry: £10 entry pre-booked, under 16's half price. £12 on the day/£6 under 16's.
Classes: 2wd, 4wd, and SC.
Format: 4 rounds of round by round qualifying, followed by finals.

The garden centre will be open for refreshments, hot food, and toilets.

Book in by responding to this thread.

Current Driver List:

Neil Stuckey 2wd
Matt James 2wd
Liam Jackman 2wd
Nick Wilson 2wd
Old 10-09-2012

Sign me up please Matty, 2wd please!
Should be another great meeting...
Old 10-09-2012
Mad Member

2wd for me please.
Old 19-09-2012
Mad Member

Booking in is still open guys. This will be our last meeting at the track this year before the landscaping begins.
Old 28-09-2012
Mad Member

Hi Guys.

Unfortunatley we're not going to run this Sunday. We set a target of if we can cover the rent or near to it by today then we'll run but with so little interest then it's not viable.

We've moved to a Friday for the indoor racing to try and attract so more drivers, and we've got some new features being built ready for our first night ob the 12 October. Hopefully we can have a good winter, and gain more support for next years outdoor events.

We have a venue that with the support of the RC community could be one of the best in the country.

Whilst we know that the venue at that stage needs a few bits doing (path leading up to the rostrum, track landscaping, as well as some other things), I am of the opinion that it's more that capable of holding a regional, and with a roof on the rostrum we feel that the venue could be of a national standard.

As I've said on another thread we will be working hard over the winter to improve the outdoor track and venue ready for next year. We will be running once a month possibly the first Sunday of the month (subject to regional dates), and we hope that next year we can gain the support we need to add the venue on to the list of great UK tracks.