Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 06-01-2016

Default YZ4

Hello
I have been looking at getting a 4wd buggy and already have a YZ2 is the YZ4 good out of the box or do you need to buy any parts the make it work.
Neale
Old 07-01-2016
Mad Member

I've got the Europe edition and don't feel you need anything else to make it work for starters. I have installed some option parts already, but (almost) limited myself to buying set-up option parts like the gullwing front axle and rear aluminum hangers. I got a good deal on the steering parts and the servo mount, otherwise I might not have gotten them.
At first I thought about the aluminum upper front suspension mounts, but dismissed it. After reading about front arm breakages I boiled the standard arms for 30 minutes, my gullwing arms withstood a lot of abuse without any issues so far.
If you are buying the standard kit, get those swaybar sets including the thicker swaybar sets. Other than that, I'd say give it a go as it is, those plastic shock towers are massive.
Old 07-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yokomo Europe Kit with the carbon towers and roll bars is a great starting point, you could build it and run it fine without and extras. The belts will feel tight, but will loosen up. Others have had issues with arms breaking, I've not, and have had some serious hits. I'm not convinced about boiling them anyway. The new rear arms are a redesign of the original Bmax4iii arms. They thickened the areas around the hingepin which used to break, now they are breaking in the middle where the shock screws in. I'd suggest not cranking the shock bottom screws in tight and they will last like mine have.
As you have the yz2, they pair up well. Lots of common parts, the rear ends are basically the same, and work the same for setup.
I did bling mine out from the initial build, but don't see a problem with the kit. I didn't like the plastic servo mounts, but they will work fine. I don't think any part is weak, but I have seen a couple of people melt the front clicker, but not sure how loose that were running it?
There is also a yz2 - yz4 Facebook group that's pretty active with build tips and setup hints.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 07-01-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2016

I found the clicker to be quite weak.

I ran it on full lock. But then it will last about 10-15 packs.

#You can modify the clicker to work like the other pulley's.
#Buy a set of plastic rear pulleys. They fit on the front.
# buy the aluminium upgrade.
Old 07-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
SNIP:
There is also a yz2 - yz4 Facebook group that's pretty active with build tips and setup hints.
I like to see so many people discuss all these thing about the Yokomo cars,
However, sins the start of the FB group, Oople has gone quiet.

No way to find that info in FB as the post drops down.

Wish people would see that and start using the forum again.
Old 07-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultje040 View Post
I like to see so many people discuss all these thing about the Yokomo cars,
However, sins the start of the FB group, Oople has gone quiet.

No way to find that info in FB as the post drops down.

Wish people would see that and start using the forum again.
Yeah that's very true. It's impossible to find anything unless you scroll down, or get involved with the conversation at the time. With facebook its easy to post photos straight from your phone, its got that going for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 07-01-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Yeah that's very true. It's impossible to find anything unless you scroll down, or get involved with the conversation at the time. With facebook its easy to post photos straight from your phone, its got that going for it.
It would be great to see Oople on an app like Tapatalk.
Or its own for that matter.

I understand de popularity of FB, due to to the fact it works great on mobile devices.
Old 07-01-2016

Facebook sucks.
Old 07-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Facebook sucks.
Rustaaaaaagh
Old 07-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Facebook sucks.
Tell that to the 1,000,000,000+ people that use it.
Love it or hate it, its a thing.
Old 07-01-2016

Hello
Thanks for the information as to the YZ4, I have ordered a car so will see how it goes in standard form.
FB, PP EBAY and the rest it is as George Orwell predicted, I bet some where someone is looking at this very post that has nothing to do with RC.
Neale