Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 24-07-2010

Default Ardent Raceway Winter Series to include 10th off-road?

Hi 10th Electric Buggy Racers,

We are launching this series initially aimed at the on-road world (as we are an on road carpet track) www.ardentracing.com/winterseries but I would like to invite the 10th Scale Buggy racers to the party and change our 480sqm permanent track into an awesome buggy track once a month.

I would pick a weekend that didn't clash with the mighty Worksop and it would be a 2 day event starting Saturday and finishing Sunday. Saturday would be 2wd and 4wd practice with 2 rounds of qualifying. Sunday would be 3 rounds of qualifying and 2 maybe 3 finals depending on numbers.

The buggy drivers would share the £8K prize pot with the on road classes which includes passenger rides in the Kick Energy Rally Ford Focus cars, VIP access to the Kick Energy Rally show at Chatsworth House, hot air balloon rides etc..

I would do it over 7 rounds with a twist for the final round. It would actually be part of the Chatsworth Rally Show (outdoors on short grass) and it would expose the sport, its drivers and the series Sponsors to the 5000 people that attend the Rally show over the weekend (in June). take a look at http://www.ardentracing.com/winterseries/livevideo.php for more info on the Raceway and Rally Show.

The overall winner of the series would be invited to have a go at getting into the Guinness book of records for the longest ever RC jump with our 1/8th scale 22v lipo powered brushless HPI Vorsa and with a 40m carpeted runway. (we should be able to clear 30mtrs easy!!

Before I take the plunge I just wanted to gauge if this is of interest to anyone?

Cost per weekend would be £10 for the two days of practice/racing. If you can't make the Saturday Practice then the track will be open for practice on the evening of the Saturday, to give you some extra prep time.

Fancy it anyone? I'd also do a 15% discount if you book and pay in July.
Old 24-07-2010
Mad Member

Sounds awsome! Ill be there.
Old 24-07-2010

count me in!! sounds great!

www.wbmcc.com
Old 24-07-2010

Sounds good to me too. I would def be interested.
Are you chaps planning on building a permenant off road track up there any time?
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 24-07-2010

Oh, can i ask to be clear. Will this be done on the same weekend as the onroad championship as I was planning on racing in that. For example are you putting in a few ramps for the buggies inbetween on road races or is this going to be done on a totally seperate weekend?
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 24-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Where about in the country are you located??? This may help people decide if they want to go???
Old 24-07-2010
Mad Member

Its in donington Dave.
Old 24-07-2010
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

If you're going to do this properly; like it sounds like you are, you need a good enough track to match, simply putting jumps under bits of carpet won't be enough to get good entries, there need to be proper (I don't mean big or difficult) well profiled jumps, rhythm sections, slippy areas etc to attract racers. Also full carpet kills buggy tyres so some form of multisurface areas would be beneficial. Also putting on 7 two day meetings might be a bit much, I'd stick to sat or sun not both. The chatsworth meeting sounds like a great idea too..
Just my 2cents from what I've learnt at worksop
Old 24-07-2010

I wish it was in Coventry tho
Old 24-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Its in donington Dave.

Is this the North??? Everything above London is north to me haha
Old 24-07-2010
Mad Member

Yes north mate but not as north as worksop. Its about 10 mins off junction 24 of M1. Near East Midlands airport.
Old 24-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
Sounds good to me too. I would def be interested.
Are you chaps planning on building a permenant off road track up there any time?
Yep, permanent buggy track is in the plan for later this year. :-)
Old 24-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
Oh, can i ask to be clear. Will this be done on the same weekend as the onroad championship as I was planning on racing in that. For example are you putting in a few ramps for the buggies inbetween on road races or is this going to be done on a totally seperate weekend?
Totally separate weekend. :-)
Old 24-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smOkin View Post
If you're going to do this properly; like it sounds like you are, you need a good enough track to match, simply putting jumps under bits of carpet won't be enough to get good entries, there need to be proper (I don't mean big or difficult) well profiled jumps, rhythm sections, slippy areas etc to attract racers. Also full carpet kills buggy tyres so some form of multisurface areas would be beneficial. Also putting on 7 two day meetings might be a bit much, I'd stick to sat or sun not both. The chatsworth meeting sounds like a great idea too..
Just my 2cents from what I've learnt at worksop
good feedback, Saturday is a bonus day for those who can make it and they will get more track time (even a 1 day event at £10 isn't bad) so lets say it's Sunday only but Saturday is free for buggies to come and set up their cars and practice.

Surface would be a combo of wooden flooring, carpet, astro, to be honest ramps and layout would be like Worksop which I believe everyone is happy with? OSB boards, tables, hard board to create a smooth arc leading into a flowing jump with a down ramp for those who don't think Air is the fastest way around the track. Can't ship loads of soil in unfortunately :-) Chatsworth would be a great finale!

Thanks for the interest everyone, for the first day of posting I am impressed by the enthusiasm. I think I will be announcing this on Monday as a goer!!!

John Dawson.
Ardent Raceway
Old 24-07-2010
oOple Advertiser

Yep, count me in, sounds excellent
Old 24-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Depending on dates I'd be interested, would definitely prefer being able to just do Sundays if I choose to, so practice sat/race Sunday sounds good to me!
Old 24-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

i'm with dave g, sounds goooood
Old 24-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I agree, need big air though
Old 25-07-2010
Mad Member

Count me in be up for this too

Sundays best for me as some Saturdays i have to work

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 25-07-2010
Mad Member

What tyres would be used? As mini-pins fluff up the carpet and loose grip for the onroad stuff