Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 09-12-2013

Hey All,

First off for those that don't know me, let me introduce myself, My Name is Tom Owen, one of the new caretaker committee members for the WRCA. I recently returned to racing after a 10 year gap, having cut my teeth at the Colwyn bay and Mold model car clubs before relocating to south wales. I was involved in the running of both clubs, mostly in a supporting role, which hopefully will have given me a little bit of preparation for the challenges ahead. I race weekly at Caldicot in a number of classes, I also have visited COBRA and GNR so hopefully a few of you know me already.

I would like to thank the outgoing committee members for all the hard work that they have put in over the years to support racing in south wales. I really admire the indaviduals who give up a large amount of their time to make sure that the rest of us can turn up and have a great days racing.

It will take some time for Richard, John and myself to familiarize ourselves with our new roles and to complete the handover from the outgoing committee. We will take stock of where we are, and speak to the clubs to gauge the interest of future WRCA events. We will do our best to keep the region alive, but there has to be an interest in doing so.

I hope to visit all the WRCA clubs in the new year, for some racing and a chance to introduce myself and talk about the future (even Saundersfoot )

In the mean time, i hope you all have a great Christmas and Santa brings you lots of new RC toys for WRCA events!

Tom