Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 22-12-2007

i think we should copy the layout from the video pidge put on the other thread!! lots of X overs just with longer landings, so you can over jump and not miss the corner or jump on to the next bit of track.

thats what i thought was the problem with the X over as you had to jump it right, or would land on the pipe or on next bit of track...... what people think? just an idea as this might help people, because going from not jumping at all to HAVING to hit a down slope is a big leap.
Old 22-12-2007

Have a longer landing area after the cross over next time with a similar size run-up as the last event.
First time i have done an event with a cross over and loved it.
Would love to see more tracks try them out.
Can't see them being aloud at national events though.
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 23-12-2007

I friend of mine (Lee Flynn) has produced a short video of this event.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16557624dJ5BFqM

Worth a look and even shows one of the rare occaisions of me(Steve.T) getting the crooss over right
Old 24-12-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Sorry to bring this up again... but I had experience of another cross-over at a local club (Hereford)...

Here they had made the landing area longer than at MKGP and it was a lot easier for people like myself to land the car (you could slightly overjump the down ramp and could land the car okay). There were still mistakes, but no-one hit the track marking at the end of the landing area!

I think this would be the best solution to my earlier complaint, but keep the cross-over in next time guys if you should so wish! They also had a more traditional flat ramp before the cross-over, rather than the shorter kicker ramp, which made the car fly a little easier through the air. This meant good air, great fun but still a challenge.

Thanks
Mark
Old 24-12-2007
Mad Member

Just wondering what the distance one had to jump between the kicker edge and the landing ramp edge was, spose that is the track width below the over on the crossover..........

I was there for an hour, but with that netting around the track area it was difficult to see all the track close up, and who would have thought we would still be discussing the crossover 2 weeks after.
Old 24-12-2007
Mad Member

you get to see pretty much all of the track in the video posted on here 3 posts up from this one

the hardest part was jumping too far the ramp was so effective!